What's Going ON in YOUR life????? Please add...

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bergie, Apr 12, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Finally got to bed around midnight last night. Was sleeping soundly when the phone rang at 2 am. You know that's NEVER good.

It was the nursing home calling to tell me they were sending Mom to the ER. Will leave out the more frustrating parts of the conversation with Nurse Snotty Pants, but I ended up staying in the ER for the rest of the night with Mom - everything was fine except for her blood oxygen levels. She was discharged around 7:30 this morning.

I got home in time to have breakfast with DH, who was leaving to go to a day-long program. Got back into bed, was in the middle of deeeeeep sleep again, AND THE PHONE RANG!!! It was my FIL - couldn't find DH's cell phone number!!!!! ARGHHHHH! So I got up. Now I'm going to bed early.

2. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

Today - recovering from yesterday's hard work rearranging the bed and stuff in the 'sewing room' and cleaning out a lot of stuff.

Attended church earlier and now resting from a busy week. :D :D

3. Bergie

Bergie New Member

My cousin died from Brain Cancer, she was only 53. Last I saw her was last year Jan and she was fine. She went into remission...but it came back. :'( :'(

4. DizzAJ

DizzAJ New Member

Sorry Bergie...

AJ

5. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Thanks AJ... :-*

I'm really PO'ed and I know I shouldn't be, and its really hard not to be but...what gets me is that they didn't tell anyone. They already had the funeral and all before they made the phone calls.

I just don't get people. ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

6. ripper roo

ripper roo lisa

Bergs

so sorry to hear about your cousin

sounds strange, but maybe they just wanted it small and quiet
    but that is no exceuse for not telling family members

lisa

7. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

so sorry to hear about your cousin, family members should do their best to
    inform each other when there is a death, sorry you didn't hear about it sooner
    but just remember your cousin with good memories.

good thoughts for bergies' bil
    good thoughts for joe

8. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Sorry to hear that, Bergie. :-*

9. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Bergie, can people do some strange things when their loved ones die. Two years ago, my cousin David died of bone cancer between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and nobody called anyone outside of the immediate family, and some neighbors. David never called me while he was ill; his kids didn't call me.

I found out he died because I wondered why I had not heard from him, and left a message on his answering machine. A neighbor called and told me he had died months before, and I said I hadn't known, and why didn't anyone call>>>.she said "well, the obituary was in the paper." It's a small town---I don't live there, there is no way I would read their small town paper and get informed of this!! I don't know what these people were thinking. Not a brain to share amongst the lot of them. So, I have not heard from ANY of his kids, and I left all my phone numbers with that neighbor, who would not give me the kids' contact information without their permission.

It is just so weird...missed the funeral, didn't get to say goodbye, nobody told me anything, haven't heard from anyone, and I have to just deal with it. It's like that side of the family got chopped out of my life! I have NO idea what his kids are thinking. They know where I live....I don't know where they live....what can I say?

So I know a tiny bit of what you might be feeling right now, and I'm sorry.

10. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Thanks everyone!! :-*

I'm sitting here crying cuz I don't know if I should call. I mean, if they couldn't call us for the funeral, (and we aren't in fights or anything, just not real close) to come 1/2 hr away...maybe they don't want anyones condolences. Maybe they can't talk about it or just don't want to.
    Thats what makes me mad...all the unanswered questiions.

Thornie...I am so sorry you went through something like this too.

This rots. :'(

11. Daize

Daize New Member

Bergie I am so sorry about your cousin :( :-*

I understand your feelings and you should have been called. I don't understand when families do this.

Thorn - Sorry you went through such a time. It is so hard. Hugs

Ruth

12. amberini

amberini New Member

13. DizzAJ

DizzAJ New Member

It hurts either way Bergie, and there is nothing to heal your heart, just taking it one day at a time. And, I understand the hurt from not being able to say goodbye.

When my Uncle died I found out when a neighbor of my cousins called and said the family thought I knew, but after my receiving letter to my Aunt, they realized almost a month later I didn't, so she was trying to help the family "catch up" with calls! Sadly, when my Aunt passed away ten years later, history repeated itself... Again, I found out after the fact.

Guess what I have learned, and am trying to put into words, when death happens, there are no rules, just loss, and a family struggles through what has to be dealt with in a daze, doing the best they can in a difficult situation.

Again, I am so sorry you have been hurt by her loss and by not being able to attend services for your goodbye... Don't be PO'ed, the anger will eat you up and take away from remembering your cousin as she would have wanted you to do with fondness. Remember, it may have been her wishes to have things over and done with quickly to help ease her family through what they have been through through out her illness.

((Hugs)),
    AJ

14. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Thanks AJ :-*

We found out she had brain cancer for over a year and didn't tell anyone outside their immediate family. Her hubby sent a very nice letter out thanking everyone for their sympathies....it was very touching.
    Barbara...rest in peace.

I went to my Boss's sons Birthday Party today....at one of those LOUD SCREAMING kids places that have the ball pens, carousel, train ride and arcade. OMG, the noise level was unbelievable!! My boss is so cool...she bought me a Johnny Depp metal lunch box...that I LOVE!!! :) :)

The 4 year old roof is leaking AGAIN! The guy was just here last week and caulked again. Now I'm wondering if when we had the central air installed last year maybe they did something to the roof....I don't know. The guy is coming out tomorrow (Sunday) to check it. My ceiling in the kitchen, the millwork, basement ceiling tiles all ruined. ARGHHHH...nothing ever goes right.

15. Cara

Cara New Member

You should have been called, its ok for you to call them, if they say something ugly to you dont worry about it. My brother and I dont speak, bad blood between us, but when my mother was hospitalized, I called him and let him know, it was his choice wether to come or not, when she passed, I also called him.

16. jabber

jabber New Member

We're snowbound and bored to tears, been sitting here reading posts, reading a book and watching the snow pile up. No point in shovelling this stuff or trying to move it till tomorrow when hopefully the wind will die down because as fast as you clear a spot it fills right back in again.
    I wonder if we'll remember all of this when we're boo-hooing in July & August about how hot & humid it is... Not likely
    We'd better be able to get out tomorrow, we're fast running out of snacks.
    Loretta

17. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Today was Mom's 86th birthday...we took her favorite Chinese food and a birthday cake over to the nursing home, and had a picnic out on the patio outside her room.

It was sunny and warm (71) and beautiful...and Mom was so happy to have us all there with her...

I feel like every day I have with her is a gift.

18. Daize

Daize New Member

Hi DC
    A nice day for you all and a happy celebration for your mom. I know how you feel that every day is a gift with her, that is how I feel about my mom.
    A special nice weather day for her surrounded by LOVE ♥♥♥