What's Going ON in YOUR life????? Please add...

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bergie, Apr 12, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Janice

Janice New Member

sorry to hear this Bergie - maybe it's asbestos related - many Australian naval servicemen have been affected by asbestosis and mesothelioma (don't know about the spelling there).

2. Marian

Marian New Member

Received a short email from a niece from hubby that she was diagnosed and also has Meniere. We might hear from her in the Living Room, but I have no idea what screenname she will choose.

She lives in Spokane and was born in the States, a real American woman now. Strange to have family maybe writing here and not knowing that it is her.

Marian

3. Buffy-Again

Buffy-Again New Member

Well the weather is finally warming up so I hope I stop having spells. I go to the University of Minnesota on tuesday. Boy I am excited about that. My son is offically seeing a Psyciatrist. We are going through the process to see if he is bi-polar. I am planning and dreaming about the new plants we will put in the yard this year to make things look nice.

4. notgivingup

notgivingup New Member

Bergie,

Sorry to hear about your BIL.... Prayers for your family.. :-*

Janet

5. thornapple

thornapple New Member

I am home sick in bed, and my house is a terrific mess because I don't feel well enough to get up and clean it. I need to think of something more interesting to do than lie here and look at this mess I can't clean up right now.

6. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

It's been a so-so week for me. I had my blood tested earlier in the week and got the results on Thursday. It seems that my red blood cell counts are headed downward. Doc thinks I will head right back to where I was before my blood transfusion a month ago.

That business aside, my life goes on. I am having great fun with Pup Casper. He's a real charmer and is getting along with everyone, except Colie, a dog from the 4th floor, who took an instant dislike to Casper.

Sun is out for the first time in a week. Casper and I will take an afternoon walk.

I'm feeling happy and upbeat.

Joe

7. thornapple

thornapple New Member

that little pup even makes ME feel upbeat! :D

8. Bergie

Bergie New Member

How the hell can they sell you a new car and NOT give you floor mats? They want you to actually buy them seperately!

Thats like buying the car stereo and having to pay seperate for the knobs!! ::) ::)

9. thornapple

thornapple New Member

In that case, I buy the floormats someplace like walmart, or rethink buying a new car from that place at all. but I never buy a new car....because I save thousands of dollars buying used cars instead. besides, my husband told me I MAKE beaters. might as well buy one in the first place

10. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Well it is new to me...its a 2006 used car!! That doesn't come with floor mats!!

I went to walmart and bought nice clear ones. Cost me like 10 bucks..I didn't realize they were that cheap..hehe!!

I'm PO'ed cuz Sweeney Todd isn't playing ANYWHERE here...how did I miss this? Now I have to wait for the video..argh!

Got nothing done today!! But I did enjoy my Quizno's mesquite chicken sub sandwich!! LOL!! ;D
    ------------------------------------------------

just got the call...
    My BIL got his xrays back...he has the worst lung disease...theres no cure. He's crying, my sister in law is hysterical. OMG...!

11. Wobbles

I am so sorry to hear this news, Bergs. I’ve been through this sort of situation and have found that people can confront personal tragedies with a great deal of courage and dignity. Family ties can actually be strengthened by this experience.

There are health professional who will help your brother-in-law in dealing with symptoms and will also give guidance to family and friends who want to help.

It is time for you to be strong.

Hugs,

Joe

12. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hugs Joe.............
    Hugs Bergie.........
    Hugs Thornie.......

Bergie - I saw Sweeney Todd. Johnny is superb!

13. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

bergie; hugs and prayers

get well soon joe

big hugs thornie

14. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

Thinking of you Bergs at this hard time.

15. LisaB

LisaB New Member

We saw Juno over the wkend and it is GREAT! The best movie I've seen in a long time.
    Bergie, I am SO sorry about your BIL. I can't imagine. I'll be keeping him and your family in my prayers. Lisa

16. Kitkatbella7

Kitkatbella7 New Member

i have been bouncing in and out of the hospital for the past month and a half and been tryin to keep up with school.

17. Wobbles

What's up, Kitkat, for you to be in the hosptial so often? I hope it is nothing too serious.

Today, I had a dental visit to start work on replacing a crown. Dentist was real good. Read that as "I did not have any pain".

I am going to spend the rest of the day, lounging in apartment and teaching pup Casper leash behaviour.

I am looking forward to Super Tuesday's primary results. I gather it will point to a Novemebr contest of McCain versus Clinton or Obama. Exciting stuff.

Joe

18. Daize

Daize New Member

Hugs....Bergie ~~~ Joe ~~~ Thorn

I went to for yearly eye exam, everything is good and also for Glaucoma test, that is stable.

It is so foggy here in NH and Mass and all over.

Wobbles, Your dog is soooo adorable, what a cutie :)

19. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Had a VEMP test this morning...didn't make me sick, but it was HARD!!! Waaaaa!!!!! Showed definite abnormalities on the left side.... :(

20. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Thanks guys!! :-*

Went to the dentist...He only put my chair back half way!! Whoo-Hoo...FINALLY someone has listened to me!! I asked him...How did you remember about my BPPV...he says, I have it written in big red letters on your chart...
    Don't recline chair too far!!

LOL!! Hey...it works!! :D :D :D