What's for dinner?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Sep 6, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Yep! It's true, I actually got to get out of the house. :) And I did forget to mention it Friday.
    We went to a nice restaurant downtown. I had steak medallions in some kind of sauce with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. We walked around in the beautiful night air for a bit and then went for a glass of chardonnay and a piece of cheesecake! Lovely!

2. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

That's how we do it! You needed a carefree evening :)

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

The smell of pot roast cooking is aromatic. We're having pot roast, oven roasted vegetables and a lovely mixed salad. We don't do dessert so it's apples and peaches instead.

4. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

I was going to grill up some chicken/apple sausages, but the weather is horrendous. Plan B is oven-baked pork chops.

5. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Italian Chicken Soup
    family recipe
    yum

6. Janice

Janice New Member

Chicken parma and salad

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Rump roast, gravy, brown rice, roasted carrots, onions, sweet potatoes, asparagus. Apples.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Baked salmon, green bean and potato curry, zucchini, peaches. Sleep :D

9. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Scallops and ?????

10. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

I am having my grandkids for dinner! ha ha. The oldest one (just turned 8) told me I should have said " I'm having them over for dinner." This is the same kid who told me I can't boil the kettle. I love that kid.

We are having corn, cukes, tomatoes, potatoes from our garden and pan seared tilapia. Then we are having frozen grapes and a "junky" cookie for dessert.

11. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Im glad you corrected that! BTW! I was just reading about Baba Yaga, the witch who eats kids...can you believe it? haha

12. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

Baba Yaga sounds like someone I might hang out with. ;D

I meant my grandson just turned 8 but the ) changed it to 8).

13. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I think I might want breakfast for dinner. Eggs, sausage, potatoes and maybe a belgian waffle. I haven't had anything yet today, that's probably why I feel like breakfast - okay I mean feel like eating breakfast (for you Rose) :D

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Spanakopita.

15. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

The Friday (?) We never or rarely have a Fri. plan.

16. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

ha ha Holly. I haven't missed breakfast since July 1, but it is rarely what "normal" people eat for breakfast. Today it was cottage cheese, multigrain bun and a peach. So you can eat breakfast for dinner and I will eat lunch for breakfast. ;D

Tonight's dinner will be quinoa, pork adobo and tomatoes/cukes/carrots from the garden.

17. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

I sauteed up the box of buttom mushrooms, organic, with curry, garlic & lemon & leek, & adding them to meals, I think the next one sauteed potatoes.

18. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Ended up with thai coconut soup , steamed dumplings....a bit of rice.

19. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

steamed dumplings, vegetarian ones my favorite food! havn't had them for many years, can't get to the resaurant an hr away where they do make them, & too lazy to make them for myselt: called mu-mu in tibetan

20. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Well, I enede up with a ham and cheese sandwhich on cheese jalapeno bread. I it was tasty but the bread had sat in the fridge for a few days before I cut into it. I just didn't feel likee eating much, to my surprise :eek:

Tonight - Artichoke and garlic chicken sausage with rice and spinach thrown for the heck of it. It's gonna look so pretty :)