What's for breakfast?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Donamo, Apr 21, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. KennedyLane

KennedyLane New Member

Nathan, I've made the same recipe except I substitute apple for the pear. Try adding a clove of fresh garlic and a whole raw tomato. It puts it over the top!

2. Gracie

Gracie New Member

. This I must try. Sounds good :)

3. Nathan

Nathan New Member

The apple substitute is good too. Half a Nashi/Asian pear works well also. Never tried adding fresh garlic & a whole tomato. Must try that!

If you're feeling colourful, adding a dozen or so blueberries renders the recipe an additional antioxidant purple. ;)

4. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Report back & let us all know what you think. The only other person I've previously shared this recipe with was my sister. Upon doing so her expression conveyed absolute dread & she then slowly levitated away from the glass I offered as though she was magnetically repelled by it :D

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Green smoothies are the best. I like Swiss chard in mine. No celery...too many strings attached ;D I prefer a banana to a pear and coconut water rather than regular water. Kale is great in it too as well as baby spinach.

6. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Smoothie....with baby spinach banana pineapple almond milk flax seed and Greek yogurt. Yummy.

7. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Delicious

8. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Not a good morning breakfast wise, stopped at McDonalds on way to taking kids to school and got 2 sausage and egg McMuffins and a medium coke, getting ready to jump in the pool at YMCA and I am still hungry.

9. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

You are spending big $$$$$$$ to SS to make your body function better and then you don't fuel it with real food? WTF?

Tsk, tsk.

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

^^ I thought SS had everyone on a plant based (or predminantly plant based) diet. Guess BD missed that memo?

Can't heal your immune system by eating crap.

11. Philosopher

Philosopher New Member

I think eating crap would still be better than anything McDonalds makes.

And BD, how can you possibly drink Coke in the morning?

I don't mean any disrespect with what I am about to say, but as a Canadian who frequents the U.S. for work and vacation purposes, one thing I have always observed is how addicted to Coke, 7-Up, Dr. Pepper, etc., everyone is. No matter what time of day it was, I always saw people sipping their soft drink out of mega-sized plastic cups and often, they would re-fill! I don't think I drink that much in a 3-month period, let a lone a day! That stuff will kill you!

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Where I work, several people begin their day with a large Diet Coke. It's their breakfast drink then it just goes on throughout the day. They say they are addicted to it.

13. Philosopher

Philosopher New Member

That's exactly what I observed and it really blew me away!

14. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I am not perfect and come up short as a human being in many aspects of my life, diet being one of them at times. One thing I do know for certain as as an owner of a company that owns funeral homes and cemeteries is that everything will eventually kill you. Vegetarians die just as often as smokers, runners, swimmers, cola drinkers ect....... It's the one thing you can't escape, my attitude is do what you enjoy, makes you happy and have fun doing it. I am the furthest thing from a couch potato there is, but hey I do enjoy that bowl of ice cream, coca cola, fried chicken every now and then.

I don't believe in abusing my body with food but I certainly don't believe in depriving it either.

15. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

True but SS requires a clean way of eating. At least, that's what's being said.

16. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

As I said, I come up short at times, I'm only human.

17. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

wait hold on...i was for some reason under the assumption that there was no food limit under his protocol....i thought i saw it somewhere? can someone on his protocol confirm either way?

in that case i'd have to doubt whether his successes were actually due to his vaccine or just a strict diet...

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Anything is possible. I feel so much better after following a disciplined way of eating.

I believe his clients are encouraged to follow a plant based diet.

19. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

I have this whole problem being from the Midwest and growing up on high protein, fatty, and fried foods. Meals are a social event where I come from. My Dr. is about ready to throat punch me because he said "I should know better". Well yes I have several dietary books on the shelf and not a single book claims that vegetarianism is in any way healthier than non-vegetarianism or veganism. In fact all say the contrary. We are omnivores and as such were genetically designed to eat both plant and animal matter. The key is moderation and fresh non-processed foods. Or so I have been told. :)

20. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

When I met Stephen Spring he ate nothing and drank two beers. Just an anecdote I know...