What you have to say is important.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by gardenfish, Sep 28, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Leon

Leon New Member

Yes, Dianna, You have changed as you've posted. Changed for the better, too.
    Leon

2. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

timely bump

3. annegina

annegina New Member

I find myself not only seeking help but when someone asks a question I can help with I feel like the kid at the back of the classroom waving and saying "me, me! I can answer that one!" Its as nice to be able to give support or commiserate as it is to receive help and support. Gosh, for those of you over 50 like me do you ever marvel at the 'net and what would we do without it??

4. pardonme

pardonme Guest

5. Pluto

Pluto New Member

Like Mike has said, I was once that scared person. I've grown here. I was scared silly when the ENT first said "Menieres Disease". But after researching, joining up here, reading a lot, I lost that fear. I was among friends, people that understood when I was having a bad day. Stress is my major contributor, and I have learned to control that a lot. Still gets the best of me once in a while though. Change of diet and a diuretic have helped immensely also. I've not had nearly the symptoms other people do, and I hope I never do. For the ones that do have major symptoms, I feel deeply, for it could be me. I don't post much in the Living Room because I don't have the severe symptoms others do and feel like I wouldn't have much to offer. But yes, what you say, what you ask, IS important. So please ask. :)

6. BarbaraA

BarbaraA New Member

Has anybody ever been told this could actually just go away one day? Or have you ever heard of that actually happening? I was diagnosed about 15 years ago although my first attack was three years before that. ( I was just too embarressed to go to the doctor or tell anyone) I can't say it has lightened up at all. I have just learned to live with it a little better

7. pardonme

pardonme Guest

8. Daize

Daize New Member

Before taking the leap to sign up here, I read your posts and felt hopeful and also that here are people who Know, are caring, patient, humorous, supportive, and I felt so good. I am very thankful for this site and being new as of Oct. this year, the feeling of warmth and comfort is a huge help to me.
    I am still finding my way on different paths, my journey to cope, manage, my MM and you all are wonderful. It is so good to know, that no matter the questions, what the person has to say, that it will be responded to. My hesitation to come on, no more, took the step, am grateful. Questions always answered and helps me greatly with comfort and secure feeling.

Ruth NH

9. ariapace

ariapace New Member

what beautiful, welcoming thoughts in this thread! :)
    we're so fortunate to have this message board!

10. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

thought I would bump this and see in anyone else has a thought

11. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

As I sit here in beautiful Hilton Head SC, on vacation with my love, I turn on my computor to be close to the people I love the most. I watched the dolphins swim by our room in the ocean and I wish you all could experience it with me. It doesn't matter where I go, I always take you all with me, thats what this site means to me :-*

12. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I was wondering where you were. Glad to hear you are on vacation. ENJOY!!

13. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

i have missed you charisse, have a great vacation

14. notgivingup

notgivingup New Member

Charisse,
    I was thinking of you today, like Linda wondered where you were. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time......... :-* :-* and Hug's.......

Janet

15. Daize

Daize New Member

Charisse ~~ I can picture the scene you describe. So good to hear from you.

Enjoy your vacation. 8)

16. Daize

Daize New Member

When I was diagnoised in 2000 with MM, I browsed for support groups, I found this site, I read topics from posters and tears streamed down my face, I didn't feel alone, the stories, support, and caring was shown on this site, I would come on this site, and just read topics from posters. I never registered.

I told my husband, two grown kids, my mom and dad, and my sister that I had found a site that was just right and I didn't feel so alone. At my next ENT appt., had hearing test, talked to doc about dx and meds and told him about this site and how I came upon it, I told him I did not want to be in a group support group, and that is site was just right....he told me that since I felt so good about this site and how helpful, informative it was then for me to continue with it if I choose.

Well, I went home and was so happy to tell my husband and family about what the ENT doctor had said about the site and also about my MM.

No matter what your questions are, ask them...please!! There is so much information you can find out, share, and people here are always there for you... I know and it is a comforting, wonderful feeling!!

I am so very, very thankful for this site, the people here are caring, compassionate, fun, and can help!!

so what YOU have to say is IMPORTANT!!

Ruth - NH

17. lillyrose

lillyrose Life is short live it not diet.

Love this site and it has helped me when I was really down....best advice my doctor's ever gave me.

lillyrose

18. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

I joined this forum in June of 2000 and this was only because I was told to take a disability at work. I lurked about for a year or two, off and on and was new at surfing the net.

Facing disability devastated me and I needed to find others who had gone through the process and actually come to grips with what had evolved since my diagnosis 3 years earlier. I had this much longer and was bilateral already when I finally found a Dr. who listened to me. When I was in the early stages of the disease, I blew it off most of the time, thinking it was just something that would go away.

When the symptoms became chronic, I had to find someone who could help me better than the Drs. I was currently seeing.

When I finally joined this group, it was a relief to find others like myself. There is only a handful of people here who were here around the time I came and so many have left who actually helped me the most.

I came because I had questions, needed some support and I stayed because I learned so much about myself and others through observation.

I stuck around because I hoped I could make a difference to others. These days I stick around looking for a few who touch me in a way I feel a helping hand is needed. I learned a lot from the old timers and hoped I could be helpful to others in the same way I was helped by the few who helped me. I have made a few friends here and at another forum which has now folded.

Some people come for help, get it and move on. I appreciated those who stayed and still appreciate those who stay and help others. We are in good company. We are all in different spots along the road of the disease.

I hope that those who get help now will become those who give help in the tomorrows. :D :D :D Never be afraid to express how you feel or ask a question - it probably won't be the first time it has been asked, and you certainly won't be the first one to express an emotion or feeling or difficult time you are having that hasn't been said before. We are here for you! :D :D

19. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

OMG!!!! Look what we've done!!!!!!!

20. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member