What kinds of music do you like?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by daBronx, Oct 9, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

Aside from Dire Straits? I only know his Dire Straits stuff.

2. Wino

Also, I forgot to mention my undying love for Bob Marley.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

He's done a few solo CDs under his name.

http://www.markknopfler.com/music/discography/cd/mk_SoloDetails.aspx?cat=Solo&albumId=a105dc42-cab1-4f8e-a687-09c0640fa901

4. June-

June- New Member

Edith Piaf

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Ah yes of course! Yves Montand is right up there too. See? We have music in common :D

6. Wino

What? No Jordy?

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

You and me got other stuff in common.

8. Wino

Like being related to Beelzebub?

9. June-

June- New Member

Bonnie Raitt and Peggy Lee

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I thought it was that other creature :D What the heck was that pic you sent me?

11. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Con. Definitely con. Whining set to music.

Some good lyrics and I enjoy some of the songs when sung by other artists, but not him. Too nasal.

12. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Too nasal?

Frankie Laine. The least nasal of them all

13. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Yup. I'm in the basement, thinkin' bout my adenoids, lookin' for a tissue, blowin' out my sinuses...

14. Michael

Michael New Member

A con on Dylan?????? A pox upon your houses. Dylan is such a vital link in the history of American music. He's the bridge between modern rock and roll and the weird old America of Woody Guthrie and Robert Johnson. He should be canonized just for the line "The ghosts of electricity howl in the bones of her face". On the other I can see why soem people don't get it.

15. Michael

Michael New Member

A guy I highly recommend is Richard Thompson. If you have never heard him before, the records "Shoot Out The Lights" and "Amnesia" are both really great.

16. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Music should speak to the soul..no matter what genre. I don't mean it has to be profound, or earth shaking or mind-bending. If it makes me feel good for any period of my life,or even a moment of my life..then it's found a place in my heart. The stages of my life can be found in the music I enjoyed at that particular time. My true loves in music are the ones I turn to in happiness or sadness.

17. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Frank Sinatra and his Christmas songs

18. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

I like Mozart, Beethoven and other classical and Baroque type music - also the oldies of the 50's and 60's , some Joan Baez and Bob Dylan music and country. :D :D

Since I can't hear them the same way I once did I seldom listen to any music these days because I miss some of the notes and it now all sounds like noise to me. ::)

19. daBronx

daBronx New Member

The Mama's and the Poppa's
    (60's music)

20. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Willie Nelson, Kid Rock, Martina McBride, The Beatles, Trace Adkins (yum), oh the list goes on and on and on..................