What kinds of music do you like?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by daBronx, Oct 9, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June-

June- New Member

I don't even know what mp3 is. I turned off the radio when disco came in.

2. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I don't like Country and Western music, but with a lot of exceptions: Johhny Cash, Willie Nelson, Lucinda Williams, Country Joe and the Fish...

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

LMAO :D :D

4. June-

June- New Member

I dare you to read dollys autobiography.

5. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

It's a great movie. Very funny but with a punch. Lily Tomlin is hilarious as always and so are Jane Fonda and Dolly.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

OMGGGGGGGG......I don't have anything against Dolly Parton (she must have body dysmorphic disorder though). I will read her book. I'm sure it's like Oprah's story born po' etc.

7. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

It was a business decision, a point of difference for marketing purposes.

Being distracted by the boobs and hair is superficial. They are just boobs and hair, not the sum total of who she is. She's everything June said - a musical genius, smart, funny, philanthropic and a great businesswoman.

8. June-

June- New Member

I hate to tell you nut you going to love her. She isn't like ANYone.

9. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Awesome.

Can I please not like Country music or do I need to ask for permission? Also, may I please kid around with June or do I need your permission for that too?

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Why are you calling me nut? :D I bet you're on your iPhone!

11. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

That post of mine was about Dolly as a whole person, not the genre of country music (which I don't like either, with a few exceptions).

Kid around all you want - I love kidding around! But I think June's just trying to point out (as am I) that Dolly is actually a really, really cool human being and a lot of fun to boot.

12. Mystical Wombat

Mystical Wombat New Member

I don't mind Willie or Johnny,

But by and large, when I think of country music, I think of Duelling banjos, and Ned Beatty getting sodomized........

13. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

June knows I am just taking the mickey out of her and she is kidding back.

14. June-

June- New Member

Yeah :D that was you are going to really like her.

15. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Willie Nelson is a cool Cat. And Johnny Cash - they broke the mould. This cover song (Trent Reznor, Nine Inch Nails) 'Hurt' gives me chills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go

16. June-

June- New Member

Yes but ins is right. Dolly is an exceptional person. The costume ... Well even that has a great story.

17. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Dolly would be a sensational friend I think.

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I am sure she is. Anything I've read about her has been postive. She is funny and a great artist.

BUT I STILL DO NOT LIKE CW MUSIC.

19. Mystical Wombat

Mystical Wombat New Member

Ned. Beatty.

20. June-

June- New Member

And Waylon too ... How do you know our country music down under? Is it played much there? That's funny because I think of it as very regional. My region of course :D. I love the old Johnny Cash songs. Who cannot love that voice. How bout Hoyt Axton?