What is your guesstimate on what brought on your Meniere’s?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Carmen121, Jun 30, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Starfish03

Starfish03 New Member

not a clue . . . one day I was living my life . . . the next I was in the ER with a major vertigo attack. It's been a long 10 years for me - but am learning to live with it.

[​IMG]

2. AKJim

AKJim Giant's Causeway Northern Ireland

Hi Stick,

It sure could have been, but I would think you would have had others. The light sensitivity (photophobia) is classic for Migraines.

Jim

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

No offense taken.

4. birdmom3

birdmom3 New Member

My case was nerve deafness in my right ear and severy dizzy spells as a child. They said it was benign tumor in the brain. But 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Meniere's. I would not wish this on anyone.

Birdmom3

5. Venus

Venus New Member

Working as a nurse!!

Venus

6. Verti_Geaux

Verti_Geaux New Member

Maybe this is what happened to me! It seems like whenever a HIGHLY stressful situation happens to me, something REALLY BAD results IN me! Mom died, 5 months later......cancer. Dad died........ a few months later vertigo! So, maybe the stress of his death, and also, of not having a living parent left, brought the Meniere's on. Who knows???

7. Verti_Geaux

Verti_Geaux New Member

That will do it EVERY TIME!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Some of these are hilarious! Especially the 70s ones!!! I guess I fall into that category too! LOL!!! Thanks for the laughs!

8. May21

May21 New Member

#1: Most probable cause in my case was a head injury in 2007. I fell backwards into a wall one night while holding my son and thinking there was a chair behind me when there wasn't. I hit the wall full-force with the back of my head. That was around 2am. By 7am I had my first "attack" of pressure, tinnitus, terrible ringing, and a strange imbalance all in the left ear. It was obvious there was something damaged in my inner ear, but due to living in a remote area (with only a rural medical clinic) at the time, it was not diagnosed until this year.

#2: I have Graves Disease (autoimmune hyperthyroidism) so that may have made me more vulnerable.

#3: I had terrible swimmer's ear infections as a child, maybe this laid the groundwork? Or not. I don't know. :-\

9. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

At the age of nine, I was stricken with spinalmeningitis. It was immediately following that illness when my MM symptoms developed.

10. pinball

pinball New Member

when i was diagnosed my ent told me it was because I had so many bad ear infections as a child. I do suffer bad allergies also.

Guess we are just the lucky ones!!!!!!!!11

11. nome

nome New Member

When I was diagnosed I was a healthy 25 year old! Never had a thing wrong....sometimes I thought I got panic attacks where the world spinned....now I know it was vertigo. I used to get vertigo as a child when I had an ear infection.

12. Nani

Nani New Member

Extreme stress of my daughter moving far across the ocean with my grandchildren. My husband says I cried myself into having MM. He may be right as I know that crying makes the symptoms worse.

13. heywally

heywally New Member

First showed symptoms at about age 45.

Possibilities - severe ear infections when I was a kid (though I don't know how much worse they were than anyone else), allergies (could have been cats) I developed when I was about 40, smoked cigarettes and pot regularly from ages of 16-31 (I'm 57 now).