what is worse then vertigo? putting things into perspective.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by sirlanc, Aug 22, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

You too darling!

2. Trinity

Trinity Bilateral Menieres 20 years, 24-7 symptoms,

Love you positive attitude Aladdin, Mine has seemed to disappear lately. I see my ENT tomorrow who has only supplied me with more bandage medications that do not work. Tomorrow, I am going to tell her that something else needs to be done. The audiologist I saw today told me that what I am experiencing is not classic meniere's. Something in my brain is just not right. No one should experience such horrible roaring tinnitus along with air raid sirens that are on a every other day pattern. Good day is only just livable, bad day, I don't want to be here. This is probably the first time in my life I have ever said I don't want to be here, that does not mean I would ever consider taking my own life. I still have too many wonderful things to live for. Right now, nothing is wonderful. I know there has to be an answer out there some where I just need to find it Thanks for letting me blow off steam. No one here to talk to and it's been a rough day. Carole

3. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Hey Carole, how you hanging in there?

4. Trinity

Hi Gina Just barely hanging in there4. The ENT has no answers for me. This beast is just not curable. Take Care Carole

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Trinity, have you tried the Steroid Injections, or Anti-virals?

Chin up, maybe we can find something that will, "help", if not cure. :)

Hope you're feeling Better today. :)

6. Trinity

hi Gina Did try two different kinds of anti virals at maximum dose for 30 days. no help. Also was on John's l-lysine for two years, no help. As for the injections. I think they are mostly for vertigo, which has burned out about 4 years ago. Not sure if anything will help with this tinnitus. Just have to try and get my stress level down and maybe that will at least help me cope. Happy New Year Carole

7. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Happy New Year, Carole.

Happy New Year Family and Friends!

:)

8. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Happy New Year! :)

9. dizzynana

dizzynana New Member

Ive had 2 heart attacks---they were pretty bad---but then there was an end in sight.
    I also have a friend who is a quadraplegic--he said he would rather be in a wheel chair like he is that deal with vertigo and hearing problems
    and I also have a friend in her early 40's with ALS--Lou Gehrigs disease...she cannot even hold up her head, move any part of her body and is on a ventilator 24/7...I think that is an awful way to live--just putting things in perspective!

10. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

An audiologist told you this!!?? I'm surprised they would attempt to make a diagnosis at all! I have the same type of tinnitus that you do. It has changed my life too much to mention. Your doctor is still telling you it's MM, right?

11. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

12. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

sorry darling did not see this until now...I am sorry that you are suffering so...the tinnitus can be so deafening and alarmingly disorientating at times too can't it be? Making even normal decisions or functions difficult? I believe you can beat this beast - perhaps one day at a time and some days each hour at a time...the trick is to never give up - if you do than the nasty beast wins....

I will be praying for you and wishing you better days ahead.

13. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

thinking and praying for you too darling

14. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

humbling

dizzy: I had a mild heart attack several years after my first diagnosis of MM/SCDS. I have noticed others with heart conditions as well. I honestly don't know if there is a correlation between the two. For mine, it was uncontrollable vomiting, heart condition and stress from ex husband that landed me in the hospital with one. I have since learned how to control the vomiting, no longer live with ex, and stress level is down...the arrhythmia and other condition are manageable.

hugs dear lady - hope to see you soon....

15. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I dint know what to post when I read that.

Thank you Aladdin, for saying just the right thing.

Lynn, ((((. Hugs. ))))

16. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

after losing two forum members in such a short span - I would have to say death is worse than vertigo. Although some consider this to be a fake world - world of only words via cyber - some people (and it is on the incline - I believe) take words written in space to their heart and mind and I believe 'we' who write in the cyber world have a great opportunity to spread some kindness and compassion to those who suffer.

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I agree, hey, Aladdin, feeling any better today?