what is worse then vertigo? putting things into perspective.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by sirlanc, Aug 22, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

This is the Truth! ;)

2. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Losing your child. My best friend did 4 months ago and she told me yesterday that every minute hurts to breathe. An only child just about to get engaged and start a wonderful life.
    There are so many things worse than vertigo..........I know it's hard. But yes it's good to put it into perspective.

My friend will have no grandchildren and at 25 her child is gone in a tragic accident. There are just no words for it.

Lisa

3. LisaB

LisaB New Member

And she and her husband would take vertigo every minute of every day knowing that their child was alive and happy somewhere.....please pray for them.

4. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I will!

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I am so sorry. I can't imagine. It's very hard to explain what children are to parents.

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

It is different for everyone, this kind of £ove.

I'm so sorry, when I said," I will", I meant, I will pray for you all.

7. Louise

Louise New Member

What is worse than vertigo for me was being told that my 16-year old daughter had cancer last year. It rocked me to the core and I would take vertigo over feeling like that again! LisaB, my heart goes out to your best friend -- the thought of losing my child and seeing her suffer with her treatments was incredibly painful -- I can't imagine what your friend is experiencing.

8. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Thank you Louise and Gina.

Louise, I pray now for your daughter and hope that she is doing well. What heartache.

Thanks for your big hearts..........sending big hugs xo
    Lisa

9. Brownrecluse

Brownrecluse New Member

Despite my being one of the bleaker posters here, I have to say there are lots of things that seem worse to me than my dreadful vertigo, far too frequent drop attacks and minimal, distorted hearing. Worst of all for me would be to lack the internal discipline and sense of perspective to find something--or somethings--worthwhile in life despite all the limitations my MM and several other autoimmune illnesses I have (obviously got really crappy genes, thanks Mom and Dad and ancestors!)

I am fortunate in that I had a very enjoyable and successful life from about the age of 14 until MM felled me a months before my 54th birthday. So I reflect on that when I am going through a particularly bad or prolonged attack. And I live in a nice home with my own little cave with my computer and TV, both of which I use silently, with captions on the TV and the sound disabled on the computer (I have epic hyperacusis as well, as many of us do.) And I am thankful every day for my wife, who despite being disabled herself, has the energy of an army regiment. She doesn't truly understand what I go through, and communication is often frustrating as we used to talk for hours every day before my MM hit, but she is the only person who even remotely gets what I am undergoing. Not having her would be far worse than my illness, as she is the only person really left in my life. Indeed, were she to pass before me, I would soon follow, probably without even killing myself, because 99% of my reason for continuing to live would be gone. She is that great a treasure to me. So obviously that would be worse than vertigo as well.

I do not minimize the impact of this horrible stuff, and truly sympathize with Bulldogs. He is doing the right thing for him. All of us need to do what we can to limit our suffering, and try to find coping mechanisms of whatever sort that work for the suffering we cannot eliminate. I find myself thinking that a lot this Christmas day, as I am forced to hide a good bit from my wife's Greek family and our daughters and their significant others who are here for Christmas dinner and whose normal conversation is LOUD!!!!!!

Hang in there, all. Maybe MM is just a test for us (and I am an atheist, by the way.) I have always refused to back down from any kind of a test, and I am sure as hell not going to let THIS one beat me. Take care and a very happy and healthier NEW YEAR to all of you here.

10. Trinity

Trinity Bilateral Menieres 20 years, 24-7 symptoms,

Interest and thought provocking thread. I have been through a lot. Losing my first child, losing my husband from cancer after 46 years of marriage, just to mention a few really difficult times in my life. I have had meniere's for 25 years. The past 20 have been bilateral. I have been through years of vertigo and three drop attacks, the last one sending me to the hospital with a split opened head. Yes, there are still far worse things in life and I am grateful for all the good things that I have, but for me this disease and it's symptoms are by far the most difficult thing I have had to endure in my life.
    The vertigo is burned out, so it is gone. I am now left with no hearing in my right ear and very little in my left ear. I am sound sensitive, but my worst symptoms is the horrible roaring tinnitus along with the fluctuating air raid siren blasting sounds that I have every day. There is no relief from this. It literally makes me physically sick everyday. I cannot get away from it or mask it. It is just too loud. In order to function I have to take medication to sleep and keep away the anxiety. This makes me tired and grumpy. My hearing is getting worse and wearing hearing aids makes me more sound sensitive and the tinnitus even louder so I hate wearing them. My social life is gone. I am alone even in a crowd. My best companion is my computer. I can no longer watch tv listen to music or the radio. I have no distractions. I just have to listen to these horrible blasting sounds, which includes pressure in my ears, eyes and head aches. I am at a loss as to what to do. No doctor has ever been able to help me. There is no cure. The vertigo used to come and go. Yes it was really horrible, but I had days of remission. I now have no remission. As someone else mentioned, my family does not understand because I look like I am in perfect health. I am 69 years old and cannot imagine living the rest of my life like this. I am very alone. Nothing is fun because I am sick everyday. I have great symphathy for everyone on this forum who is suffering with this miserable disease whether it be vertigo or the other awful symptoms. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express my feelings. I really do not have anyone else that understands. Wishing all of you a peaceful and healthy New Year. Carole

11. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

Life gives us lots of things worse than vertigo. Ask me how I know.

I have experienced horrific bouts of vertigo and watching helplessly while a young family member suffers from cancer is way worse than any poxy vertigo.

12. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Carole: My heart goes out to you. You inspire me.

Bravo Brownrecluse.
    Blessings to you.

13. Nathan

Nathan New Member

Scaphism

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Pedophilia is a whole lot worse than vertigo. I'd rather be spinning than be Sandusky.

15. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Losing hope, faith, and love.

16. LisaB

LisaB New Member

xo Aladdin
    Blessings to all in the difficult journeys we individually face.......

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Aladdin, are you okay??

18. Trinity

Trinity Bilateral Menieres 20 years, 24-7 symptoms,

Thanks Aladdin. All of us here are an inspiration to each other. I have been on this forum since it first started., It has come a long way. I can truly say that I have learned everything I know about meniere's from this forum. Thank you Ray for allowing us to have this amazing group of people here to share our daily struggle and successes with this life altering disease.. It is truly a blessing Carole

19. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Yes, Gina! Had vertigo but doing good. Planning on research and an article today.Having a high resolution cat scan done on Friday...and plans for a great weekend. God bless and hugs/prayers.

20. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

You DO have a wonderful Perspective!

Good Luck with the test!

Praying for a good outcome for you!