What is Love? Please add your definition of love!

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by Aladdin, Mar 6, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

jean - that is an amazing feeling isn't it?

2. Jean F

Jean F Its still a beautiful world!!

Yes its lovely... Its very hard to explain.... the best way for me to explain it is Knowing that I am going to be looked after no matter what!! Thanks for your kind words xx

3. jmunding

jmunding New Member

never having to say your sorry and always knowing that someone has your back.
    love is the warm feeling that envelopes you when you look into the eyes of a newborn.
    love is buring your face in a dogs warm fur and feeling the warm wet tongue telling you that all will be okay.
    love is seeing your husband of 30 yrs across a room and falling in love all over again.

love is hearing a baby call you nana for the very first time.
    love is being able to see past a persons faults and always finding something good in them
    love is seeing a sun set and knowing that a higher pwer lite up the sky to show you his love.

4. goldie

goldie me and joshua

Love is when my cat Zoe lays on the floor with me when I've been sick vomiting and licking me like I was her own.

5. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

jmund - powerful words
    goldie - exactly

xoxo

love is...your precious baby girl who is now taller than you holding your hand to shop in the Christmas Aisle without embarassment...I am more embarassed at the fact that I can not walk straight than she is

6. joy

joy New Member

Love is what I felt this past Sunday when my Sunday School kids all gave me a big group 'head-butting/abdomen-bashing' hug! (They're five-year-olds. And this was AFTER we cleaned up the glitter from all over the table - making Christmas tree ornaments. One little 'angel' stuck her tongue in the glitter ... twice ::))

7. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

that's my kind of angel

getting a present in the mail

8. kay

kay New Member

Love is when you husband who leaves for work an hour before you do cleans the frost off your car so you don't have to
    Love is when you wake up at 2 in morning to bake a casserole for you husband to take to work for a company luncheon when you don't have to get up until 6:30.
    Love is when your daughter, another teacher, grades all your spelling tests because you have been dizzy.
    Love is when you best friends hems all your pants for you without you asking.

9. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

you are loved kay - most definetly

love is a nice piece of chocolate turtle cheesecake - smile okay not love but maybe joy

10. Cara

Cara New Member

Love is........forgiveness

11. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

12. thedawgboy

thedawgboy New Member

I asked my oldest son, Dylan, this question when he was 4 years old. His brother Michael was 2.

His answer will always stay with me.

"Dylan and Michael gets hugs."

He did not consider it love, unless he included his brother.

13. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

14. CdnTBear

CdnTBear Every minute spent in anger is a minute wasted

Love is when my hubby comes home, and truly doesn't care that I couldn't clean the house, or do errands, because of feeling fatigued, really off-balance, or worse. Never complains or says a word that he has an extra workload. Him and my son are just happy to see me at the end of their day.

15. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

16. CdnTBear

CdnTBear Every minute spent in anger is a minute wasted

God. He knows our flaws and failings. He knows what we've done in the past, what we are doing now, and what we WILL do in the future. Yet, there He is with His arms wide open ready to embrace us, because He loves us -- perfectly.

17. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

18. Ceeka

Ceeka New Member

Love is the twinkle in my newest grandson's eyes when he sees me and gives me the most beautiful full face toothless smile I have ever seen. My old heart just melts.

19. Titus

Titus New Member

Love is what Jesus did for me. And for each person who accepts His gift. Nothing we can ever feel or do comes close.

20. Cara

Cara New Member

You are exactly right Titus.
    Love is FORGIVENESS