What if?

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by Mnme, Oct 12, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Mnme

Mnme Guest

Sarita! Great to see you!

I automatically read your post and then your 'Avitar', and it struck me how very hard it is to put theory that may sound good, into practise.

Lee

2. ariapace

ariapace New Member

i love the ideas in this thread. i just saw it--i've been away for a while. my positive what ifer voice got me to try some different eating habits yesterday and today, and i am feeling better (i've been having lots of dizziness for 3 weeks). "i'm feeling better"--this isn't an all or nothing statement like "i'm cured." i have no claims on even the next five minutes. it's just about the present moment. but what if i continued to feel better trying out these new ideas...? that's a nice what if to think about. i've learned such useful things on this board.

meditation helps me to be open to all possibilities. sometimes we can get so bound up with our thoughts and stories. meditation helps break those boundaries for me.

i also have the "so whater" voice, sarita, which i think can be really helpful to put things in perspective.

and titus, i think that's brilliant not to "claim it" as "my meniere's", etc. otherwise it becomes part of our identity, and it's not who we truly are. it's just symptoms that are experienced (or the memory of symptoms that we have experienced).

mnme, thanks for the beautiful poem that started this thread.

3. Mnme

Mnme Guest

Ariapace, I used to get totally caught up in my own thoughts and stories. I thought they were truthful, moral and real....end of story. But now I realise that most of the really good stuff is actually outside of those boundaries. My old way of thinking was very limiting and very hard to personally live with.

There certainly have been some great points made by everyone in this thread. All very thought provoking. Thanks to all!

Lee