What have you learned today?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by shartsoe, Apr 30, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Those are some great choices! I can't tutor you on those languages but I will be your most perky cheerleader should you decide to go for it...which you should. Really. You can do this. Farsi is a lovely language. I have many friends from Iran and they speak Farsi.

2. daBronx

daBronx New Member

This morning I learned that things are not as bad as they may seem.
    Yesterday morning after taking a shower I changed my dressing.I noticed my right knee had swelled to almost twice the size of my left knee.I thought maybe it needs to be drained yet no pus or blood was oozing from the incision.I reasoned that most likely it was because that I just had major surgery and with lot's of physical therapy and time the swelling should go down and the stiffness will get less and less.
    This morning the physical therapist will be coming.I need to ask him when the staples will be removed.I just took my medication,1 Ferrous Gluconate,1 Acetazolamide and 1 Vicoden(even though I have no pain,once the P/T get's here he'll massage my leg and bend it so that most likely I'll have pain before he leaves).

3. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

~Shartsoe - someone said you looked like someone famous - to me you look just like my baby sister. YOu are very pretty and so is she.

I learned that if kitty doesn't get fed the night before, that kitty will wake you and continue to annoy you until you get out of bed and feed her. ::)

4. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I see that every day! I know that women have fought for equal rights and all that, but how in the world do two grown men stand back and watch a woman struggling to get a stroller and a toddler through a door and not at least offer to hold the door? I realize you are probably talking about something bigger than etiquette, but this just happened to me and I am still kind of puzzled by it. Oh well.

5. daBronx

daBronx New Member

It's called morals.Some people were brought up with good morals,others unfortunately have few or none.

6. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

dizzjo - you are too kind! thank you.

daBronx - I think people are so wrapped up in their own lives they don't really see others any more.

7. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

i learned not to grab a hot roaster without oven mitts.

8. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

I've learned that some middle age women never get out of high school - they continue to be mean girls, going all out to hurt someone's feelings. Grow up ladies!!!

9. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Lorrie, I'm sorry, I hope your day gets better. I've often told my daughters that mean girls grow up to be mean women. Some things never change.

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Ouch! I hope it isn't too bad.

11. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Today I learned that sometimes you have to close yourself off from the people that hurt you,
    Whether it is intentional or not.
    I also learned that I am Very Worthy. Remember that thread?

I also learned that sometimes strangers are more considerate and polite than family and friends.

12. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Wow: Gina it must have been a great day for you--- you seemed to have learned a lot.

:)

13. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Mostly kept to myself and reflected. Also spoke to my Priest, and my siding salesperson.

14. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

That's ok-- sometimes its best to keep to yourself. Who was more interesting the priest or the siding salesperson. I guess they both want your money.

15. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Neither wanted any money.

I think the salesperson was more interesting. He said, don't thank me, thank God.
    But mass was really good last Sunday, too!

16. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I love going to Mass. I like 7:30 am on Sunday. Nobody really there, quiet and relaxed and never more than 45minutes.

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I went to the 8:00 mass, and got to see all the children coming in for the next mass to receive their First Holy Communion!

They were all gorgeous!

18. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

That is a special day for them! I still remember mine.

19. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I remember my daughters most of all, but my youngest son, ahhh, he's was the best, still is.

So honorable, and smart, and loving, and handsome...... LOL!

20. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

I learned how to mitre a corner!