What happens if I quit?

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by pardonme, Oct 2, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. pardonme

pardonme Guest

2. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

yes, this statement has all kinds of ramifications--like Pard, I would very much like to know your take on the obverse of quitting

3. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I've been reading this a few times and thought, no more to me means getting on with my life, awww it feels good.

4. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Don't run around with sharp pencils. you may quit seeing out of one eye.

5. burd

burd New Member

Some may get a rush from the risk.

6. pardonme

pardonme Guest

7. Seadog

You are going to hurt yourself changing the subject that quickly.

But to answer your question, I quit Chewing Pencils in the third grade.

Third grade, I got to tell ya, that was the hardest three years of my life.

8. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

who uses pencils anymore?

9. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

I use pencils because they don't leak

10. pardonme

pardonme Guest

11. amberini

amberini New Member

Don't we learn more from our mistakes?

12. pardonme

pardonme Guest

13. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

No erasing for me. That would mean I have regrets and I don't believe I have any. I have deep pains and sorrows, but no regrets.

14. burd

burd New Member

I learn more from other's mistakes.  I see them more objectively, the lessons are clear and less an emotional reaction.  When I make mistakes I beat myself up, it's not a productive lesson, my emotions get all screwed up, I fester in it, and it often takes a long time to let it go.

I have a hard time separating regrets with pain and sorrows.  For me they are deeply intertwined.

15. Seadog

Regrets, Ive had a few;
    But then again, too few to mention.
    I did, what I had to do
    And saw it through without exemption.

16. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

They are connected for me as well, but regrets eat at a person, nibble at the heart and soul and I have enough damage there. I don't need any more. I don't know that I can explain the difference between regrets and sorrows, but I feel it inside

17. burd

burd New Member

I thought the exact same thing! lol I even had the song go through my head for a spell after commenting.

I know about feeling chewed up inside. Maybe with time I will learn how to deal with things in healthier ways.

18. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

I suppose that is the goal. Sometimes I have to pretend. There are things that gouge me but I refuse to allow them to torment me. Life is a trip.

19. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

i think if I quit - I will either die or learn to live

in Africa, I and my children were held against our will...what started out as a wedding and trip to resolve personal issues turned into me being trapped in a country where I had no rights - during this time I had been poisoned, beaten, raped, and tortured beyond most people's comprehension...I had my children's life threatened, held at machine gun - forced to denounce my country and change my religion from Christianity to Islam...I literally gave up living - I was not dead but not alive - I quit life - I had witnessed death in Africa people are like comodities sold and expended without thought = life lost all meaning living became a torture ...even though I had been poisoned and unbeknownest to me I had developed cancer, I was still alive physically but emotionally and spiritually I quit - I waited for death until one evening in the summer, I was so sick and dehydrated, I was five foot eight and weighed eighty something pounds, my hair was falling out, I was bleeding from every cavity (sp) I quit ... until I felt a little hand holding mine - I could feel my oldest daughter's warmth and felt her tears on my arm - she looked me right in the eye "Momma, please do not die...If you die...how will we live?" we - meant her and brother and baby sister - from that moment on I knew I would die trying to leave Libya or I'd learn to live in a country where everything was stripped from me...one thing that wasn't stripped however was my love for my children and my belief in my God...from that moment I learned how to live - if I had quit I would be dead now and my son would have been used for terrorist type activity, my daughters would have been married off in a pre-arranged marriage two older rich men...

I really don't want to discuss this any longer but wanted to share

20. pardonme

pardonme Guest