What does this Biblical statement say to you?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Chris0515, Aug 24, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. studio34

studio34 Guest

Imagine if you will in this day and age, 2010, that some guy shows up and starts telling everyone he is the second coming of Christ. He appears on CNN and other news channels and starts holding rallies in parks telling everyone the day of judgement has arrived. Yes, I do believe people would stand with their mouths open and then the police would arrive and lock him up.

If this is a true statement, how would he return and convince people he was for real and had not escaped from the local asylum as many would suspect? I'm being serious here because that's how it would appear.

2. tm53

tm53 New Member

"For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man"

"At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory"

Don't think it's going to be subtle.

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

No, I don't expect CNN will have much of a role in the second coming.

4. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Yeah when the end is upon us and Jesus comes back to get us all it's going to be a MAJOR ordeal that will boggle the mind!! :eek:

5. studio34

studio34 Guest

So do you guys really believe that it will be like some apocalypse type thing with big black rolling clouds rolling in like you might see in Lord of the Rings with lightning bolts all over the place? Will he (not a female?) then levitate down from these clouds and select those who were believers versus those who are not? Sounds like some pretty far out science fiction and rather discriminatory ...

6. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

but the folks at FOX news will no doubt be selling advertising in advance

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

No, they are not selected, but they themselves elect and will meet Jesus in the clouds.

"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet The Lord in the air" (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 KJV)

8. highway

highway New Member

hello. what is the purpose of the second coming? I don't understand. Thank you

9. studio34

studio34 Guest

>>> they themselves elect and will meet Jesus in the clouds

They better rug up then. I assume the meeting will take place in those big fluffy clouds -- cumulus clouds -- and they form between 6,500 and 10,000 feet. At those altitudes the temperature is below freezing. I might stay at sea level.

10. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Highway, that which was created in the natural realm is temporary. Only that which is spiritual is permenent. Therefore the natural must cease to exist. But before it does, those who elect in the natural to spend eternity with God in God's Heavenly Kingdom, as evidenced by their acceptance of salvation by Jesus Christ, shall be removed from the natural realm of the earth before the tribulation. The Tribulation is described in the Book of Revelation, one of the most difficult books to understand. But after the tribulation, Christ will return to earth, descending with the armies of Heaven and will do battle against all evil in the Battle of Armegeddon. This is the second coming. In the battle Satan will be bound. And along with death and the remaining contents of Hades, the wicked dead, Satan will be cast into the Lake of fire and be destroyed forever. The earth will be renovated by fire, after which a new Heaven and a new earth shall be inhabited by those judged righteous by Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ will reign over them forever and ever, sin having been defeated and destroyed.

11. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member