What does this Biblical statement say to you?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Chris0515, Aug 24, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

"He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
    and his kingdom will have no end."

What it sounds like to me is that in the final days there will be people still standing around here with their mouths hanging open, and then there will be those that already passed that will be waiting in that "middle ground" that I talked about in another thread.

2. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

And please if certain people can avoid it - no ridiculous 500 word essays or novels with every answer and/or comment(because I'm not gonna be reading any of those).

3. charlesj

charlesj New Member

I believe the statement is self-explanatory, at least to those who believe in Him.

4. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Yeah but we are lead to believe that people have either died and gone to heaven or hell or at least people like to think that, but if he has yet to "come again in glory to judge the living and the dead" then that leads me to believe we are ALL still waiting for this to happen wether here or deceased.

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

This question cannot be answered in a two line snippet, about which you might editorialize whether the answer is equitable and righteous in your own eyes. Some questions require more than two lines to answer, Chris. That is the reason people even write books. You have therefore asked a question, and then told us that you are not interested to know the answer.

Time to go to the next thread.

6. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Chris,
    In Islam, we believe in a final Day of Judgment which will gather all of humanity together. In other words, those who are currently dead have not received their judgment yet. I didn't know that Christians believe differently. As Muslims, we also believe in a "middle ground" that includes being questioned in the grave by angels and other events. This "middle" ground will be relaxing, pleasant, comfortable and secure for the believers and unpleasant/uncomfortable for the disbelievers.

Your other post about Heaven and Hell caught my eye because of the "life DVD" you mentioned. When I was younger, I used to imagine having to watch a VCR video recording of my life once I died. Regardless of the technology, we know that every deed we have done (good or bad) has been recorded and will certainly be reviewed.

7. Jordan

Jordan New Member

I should add, though, that there are certain people who are special and have gone directly to Heaven. This includes prophets and certain righteous people.

8. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

Judgment Day - the day when all people, those that have already passed and those that have not as yet, will be gathered before God where "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord."

I don't believe in purgatory - a waiting room. Jesus was clear to the thief on the cross "today you will be with me in paradise." That murderer's sins had been redeemed through his simple faith in Jesus and he went to paradise that very day-no waiting room.

This is the best I can do in snippets w/o your taking a Bible class to understand this subject in more depth and in context.

9. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

But if he's coming again to judge the living and the dead then that means some or all of the dead have NOT been judged yet, which means they are still awaiting their fate. That is how I understand it because that is what it sounds like using that direct quote from the Bible.

10. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Sorry you feel that way Henry, and being a veteran of message boards the purpose of them are to get out a decent response in a paragraph or two(not 8)without writing a chapter of a book with every post, because alot of people don't wanna read that or have the time to. You would have a complete meltdown if you ever had to text or twitter(because you're only allowed a line or two with each post) - lol.

11. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

Judgment Day is the day when "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord." It is the day of the Big Reveal, the triumphant day for Jesus, the day to set the record straight for everyone. Everyone, meaning those that have passed, those that have not as yet; the spiritually living AND the spiritually dead. Some refer to it as "Final Judgment."

12. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Chris, the scriptures give reference to as many as 5 judgments, each for a special purpose and set of individuals. That takes quite a discussion to get through. You can't possibly understand the answer to the question without doing some work. And it seems that, by your answer, you are only interested in an abreviated version of the answer. If message boards are only for short answers, then they need an editor to close out all the questions, the answers of which would require more than a snippet or two. I have a suggestion for you. If you really want to know something, why don't you concentrate on the answers you receive before you respond with a snippet or one of those inane parachute photos with cute comments. Those kinds of comments just make you seem incapable of understanding anything that is over two lines long.

I really don't know why I have written so much here. I probably lost you at "Chris."

13. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

14. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

And apparently you don't know the difference between giving a sermon or a speech and having a conversation with someone, because if this were all in person we would have no choice but to kick back in our chairs quietly while you talk for 15-20 minutes and maybe THEN we might be allowed to get our response in.

15. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Again if I wanted to read a book I would go sit in my den and grab one, but I come on here to have discussions and conversations about things and hopefully keep all that moving along smoothly.

16. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

How's the weather down there, Chris?

17. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

It's great - thank you for asking. ;)

18. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

No problem.

19. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I don't believe it's meant to be a literal translation. The spirit is involved in this one. You seem, to me anyway, to be leaving out what you get out of "and his kingdom will have no end" what do you think of that part as related to the entire belief of this quote you've given?

20. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

That says to me that the kingdom of Heaven will have no end once his people are placed there.