WELLNESS THREAD - WEEK OF JULY 20

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Titus, Jul 19, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. rose

rose New Member

Starting tonight, exercise every day this week, be more conscience of what I eat, and no alcohol. Next week will be very indulgent as I will be on a cruise in the Western Carribean for 7 days! I'm psyched and cant' wait. Good job to everyone here. I know some times it's really hard to get motivated. This is a great idea. :)

2. Soccerspin

Soccerspin New Member

I am going to completey pay attention to everything I eat. I was recently dx'ed as a celiac also with allergies to barley rice rye and buckwheat.

I know water is a BIG key in losing weight and I am going to do a much better job of getting in my allotment daily.

Back to the gym for me as well...........

3. Alfie

Alfie New Member

This year has been an emotionally hard one for me and all though I never thought of my self as an emotional eater before now--I KNOW I AM NOW! (interesting too is that although there is plenty of evidence to the contrary in the mirror and clothes and on the scale-I still don't think of myself as fat. Before the dreaded breast and my disability weight wasn't an issue. Does anyone else think that way? Is it my thin self wanting to get out and not letting go or am I totally in denial?)

I also have always kept a tidy, clean junk free house until that has gone remarkedly down hill.

I dropped in on Oprah one day and it was a clutter cleaning show and what I got out of it was there is a relationship between my emtional clutter, physical clutter and "junk in my trunk" (actually my bulk is in my belly).

I have been doing much soul searching about my life and direction it is taking me--instead of me taking it.

Two goals for me

***more journal writing-most every day

***making an appointment with my internist for blood tests and check up. My cholesterol has been high in the past, which I got down to normal with change of life style, hate to think of now-------but facing it is good. As I have said, my bulk is in my belly-the most toxic area for fat

Guess I could drink more water easily enough.

When we did this a few years ago, I lost weight exercised and was focused on my diet. Its more than lifestyle this time.

4. Titus

Titus New Member

R, I've been waiting for you :-*

Sarita, As you warned me......I tried to do too much too soon. I also need to focus on *ME* and where I'm going. So, beginning tonight, I will start my journal and listen to the bible on CD. These things slow my mind down so other things fall into place....at least that's how it used to work.

I ate way too much today but it was all healthy.....if that counts :D Portion control has always been my weakness and I could get away with it before Remeron.

I did walk the dog one mile and do a 30-minute exercise DVD followed by some gentle stretches and leg lifts (not to be confused with legs up :D)

Tomorrow is another day. I'm looking forward to what will come out when I pick up the pen tonight.

5. Titus

Titus New Member

No way! His washer is still broken.....I'll leave with a dozen loads of clothes ;)

6. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I had a killer workout today ;D As far as the negative thoughts, well er um, I'm working on it :D

7. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Wow, I feel really really guilty today. I got hungry while out, got caught off guard and ended up having lunch out and it wasn't health food ::)

But I did journal today, stretches and kept to my routine.

There's always tomorrow :)

Sparrow

8. Mnme

Mnme Guest

I just love seeing this thread front and centre on the Living Room! Good on everyone who is doing their best to turn their focus towards health! For me, it shifts the energy of the forum to a more positive one. I'm not too bad with the physical side of things at the moment, so my big focus is to sort through priorities. I've been filling my time up on things that are outside of my control to the detriment of things within it. So anyone who is doing the same thing, I hear ya! Looking for that nice balance! :)

9. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

I did so me plumbing today. Does that #$)%*( count?

Off for a walk now. Some of you are taking some huge steps. think about setting yourselves up for failure. I am starting with walking. Tht is all and that is it. Once that is a habit then something else. One thing at a time for me.

10. dreamer

dreamer New Member

Here it is day #1 and I have succeeded in eating three meals today...well I only ate half of lunch. But I did some yoga and strength building exercises and I even went on a short walk. Small steps but I think Im headed in the right direction. Good to see everyone elses progress too. Keep it up everyone! :)

11. pardonme

pardonme Guest

12. Titus

Titus New Member

Time for me to turn in, do some writing, then meditate on the Word. Thank you all for taking this journey with me. See you all tomorrow.

13. Daize

Daize New Member

okay, I just checked in to this thread and boy oh boy, I need to get my arse out and walking.

I drink water - almost 6 glasses a day and it feels good.

walking, I must start doing, instead of thinking I should walk, just go out and do it, walk.

last summer I walk 15 minutes, not every day, but, it felt good then I stopped, so will get my act together and get out.

luv this thread and ALL of you give yourselves big PAT on back :)

Ruth

14. Mnme

Mnme Guest

Would it be useful to start a second thread devoted to the thought processes behind wellness (that is, thinking 'well')? 'Wellness' (physical and mental) is such a huge topic.

Currently I'm happy enough with my physical health so I'm more interested in prioritising, maintaining motivation, balancing all areas of life, getting over setbacks, de-cluttering etc. Or do you think it's best to keep it all here?

15. Titus

Titus New Member

Probably a new thread so not to confuse those coming in during the second week. Or, the thought process could be your wellness goal. Maybe others will join, but it really doesn't matter if it's your personal goal.

Day #2. Time for walk. It's very hot and I'm getting a late start.

Later.

16. scarflady

scarflady Member since 2001 Princess And The Pea Dumbass

I was just settling in with the laptop for the morning when I received the notice of this posting again. THANK YOU TITUS!!!!! This is helping me stay on track. I'm going for my walk.

17. Mnme

Mnme Guest

But of course! Perfect wisdom for where I'm at right now Kim. :-*

18. rose

rose New Member

Well, day one went well. Had a nice, healthy dinner after doing arobics and strength training. Today, not so good. My water intake is always good. Have a huge 52 ounce jug at work and drink at least 2 a day. However, I indulged a little at lunch. But, that's okay. After work. I will be busy, so that should help me stay focused.

19. Titus

Titus New Member

So far, so good with me today. I remembered to put lemon in my morning water, did my 2.5 miles and am now working.

20. pardonme

pardonme Guest