Weird Ear

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by SMRoz, Dec 1, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. SMRoz

SMRoz Coast Guard Dizzy! (Ret)

Quick Question.

My good ear feels like I just got out of a pool and has water trapped in it. Has anyone else had this problem. I started getting Tinnitus in it a few weeks ago and wonder if my MM decided to see what the left side was up to.

Thanks

I also wonder if this could be related to the fact that I am on 2.5 hours sleep for the last 63 hours.

2. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

First, you NEED to sleep (especially during times of stress--which you have had lots of lately) Shame on you--get off the computer and catch some zzzzzzzzzzz's.

About your good ear--my good ear started acting up early this year with tinnitus, fullness, hearing loss-but in the high tones, discomfort. VNG showed no signs of MM in the good ear, but it still feels off. I have slowed the burn of my MM with limiting sugar.

CH (which may be causing the fullness feeling) can be reduced by eating 2 cloves of fresh garlic 3x a day (my tummy could only handle it once a day, so it took longer) paired with vitamin C, it can break up the fluid in the ear. If your good ear is filling full--try that. May help.

And, just because your good ear feels full--does not mean MM is having fun there. Let's hope it is just the middle ear and nothing more :)

~KT

3. mcdizzy

mcdizzy "Now Who's the Dumbass Dumbass"

I agree TOTALLY with KT...your body can produce strange happenings from so little sleep...
    I would try SLEEPING first ( and I mean 8-10 hrs) and then see how you feel.
    Nitey nite..and hope you feel better ((hugs))

Becky

4. SMRoz

I will try to sleep tonight. I am at work right now or I would be in a coma.

5. SMRoz

I love garlic so I will try that. I'll also go to the store and buy some vit C tabs

6. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

Good Luck! I mince mine up, put in on a chip and munch away! Not too bad. Hope it works of ya :)

~KT

P.S. are you going to take a nap, too?

7. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

You need to get more sleep Sean ....that could very well be a big part of the problem. I know you have a lot on your plate right now so it is even more important to be getting your proper rest my friend. Try to get back into a regular sleep pattern and don't stray from it if at all possible. Two and a half hours of sleep is not healthy hon. Take it from me, I've been where you are and I know.

I hope you start to feel better soon and {{{hugs}}} to you my little Hug Troll.

8. SMRoz

Trust me I have been trying to sleep. I jumped off of here around 1230ish after feeling like a goober talking all my posts into my phone. Turned off the TV and laid there for an hour. I picked up a book and tried to tire my eyes. Finally I got tired but for some reason couldn't sleep.

I might have to go see the doctor if I can't sleep. I am getting my butt kicked after lunch here at work. Staying awake is a full time job.

9. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Sleeplessness is a vicious circle. If you are sleep-deprived, it will take a fair amount of discipline to get yourself back onto a good sleep cycle, and the first few days might not be so easy.

If at all possible, get outside for a good long walk during daylight hours. Go to sleep at about the same time every night--and pick something reasonable, like 9 or 10 pm, NOT 2 am!!! The most restful sleep occurs before midnight.

Sleep, like practically everything else, is a habit. Sleeplessness can become a habit, too--and it's a terribly destructive one, and will chip away at your health.

Good night already!

10. SMRoz

I get out of work in an hour and am planning on hitting the gym for 2 hours to try to wear myself down to the point where sleep has to happen.... Wish me luck!

11. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

Bummer (Mitten Troll???)

Have you tried warm milk or a turkey sandwich to help you sleep? Do you wear a sleep mask?

12. SMRoz

I have tried warm milk. Don't wear a mast.

Mitten Troll is about my home state.

Michigan is known as the Mitten state (the lower part looks like your left hand). Divided into an upper and lower peninsula your known as a troll if you live south of the Mackinaw Bridge (below the bridge).

13. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Have you tried Melatonin? In the vitamin section????? zzzzzzzzzzz.. come on Sean don't go down on us.. get some sleep be careful driving now that you're other ear is plugged..

14. CGR

CGR Guest

Melatonin is very effective.

15. CGR

CGR Guest

Slight hangover the first time you use it and if you use too much, but nothing like a sleeping pill hangover. And you can use it long term without issues as far as i know. But research it first and dont take my word for it.

16. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

It makes you sleepy :D

17. CGR

CGR Guest

:D :D :D

18. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Never made me feel like a hangover... ahhh you sleep soooooo good and wake up feeling like you .. well... slept good. Make sure you go to bed early enough I take 1 on work days 2 on wkends if I need to fall asleep.. Best sleep pill invented..

19. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

I find wine works as well as melatonin.

20. wileyriley

wileyriley New Member

i have a friend who swears by melatonin. never tried it myself.

as for the ear thing. thought i'd pass this along for you to mull over. i get this pain/fullness in my good ear from time-to-time and i freak out thinking it's going to $hit too. although all my hearing tests and my last ecog say it's perfectly fine. i have some trouble with my eustachian tube on that side but that doesn't always explain my symptoms.

my audiologist and oto both explained to me that since i am so dependent on my good ear for almost everything that it is "hyper" sensitive to changes in environment whether it be the weather or a virus brewing. i don't know if that makes sense or if i'm explaining it very well. maybe it's more that i'm more attune to what's going on in that ear because i'm paranoid. but definitely colds and changes in weather can cause some serious discomfort in my good ear.