Wakened 2 x's last night--horrible 'horn' sound bad ear. Having it again now

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by yanksgirl, Aug 24, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. yanksgirl

yanksgirl New Member

:( It's afternoon and I've been cleaning house, ran vacuum, etc. I have been having episodic hearing loss for weeks now. Seems more days without or with very little (even though I have a hearing aid), than those with hearing.
    I was on a new drug recently (not for hearing) but for overactive bladder---Toviaz.
    Has anyone taken it and did you have side effects that affected the ear too?

I quit taking it because of rapid heart rate and some rise in B/P. Just quit last night.
    As you know---I'm not new to the board, and I have cochlear hydrops. I haven't posted as often but do read and keep up on many of you.
    I am discouraged because for 3 mos. I could hear so good with my new H/A and had no head pressure, etc. just the normal tinnitus. The last weeks have not been good.
    I wonder if these episodes mean the hearing is going down-down? I did go get another hearing test---but I had a good day that day and it showed hearing had not changed. That was good, but next day I had this---and it happens a couple of times a week. I've been taking Lysine daily, 2 tablets, and wonder if that has helped at all? Anyway, just needed to sound off a bit.
    Oh, one more thing----while talking on the phone the last two days, in my good ear, I have to hold the receiver out from my ear because the 'vibration' in the ear makes me feel 'strange', like I'm going to get dizzy. Loud noises make this happen too or loudness in restaurants, music, etc. What is that all about? thanks

2. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

I think it's caused by damage to the vestibular system and hearing cells. Loud noises and noisy atmospheres cause an increase in the pressure in my ear and start to feel off and dizzy.