vitamin d

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by jaypr, Dec 14, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Finished reading this book. It's not so different from other books written by MDs on preserving health blah, blah, blah but yeah, he dedicates an entire chapter to Vitamin C and why not to take too much of it.

2. June-

June- New Member

Maybe I dont understand the context of this post, but i have had sustained success that is not spontaneous remission. Any success would be called remission regardlessof what promptd it wouldnt it? I keep telling people of my success, restored hearing etc and they keep telling me they know of no successes. I'm not taking it personally, just sayin' ...

3. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Ok, then, in summary, why not take "too much" vitamin C? The owner of this website has devised a very successful Meniere's treatment that uses high doses (to the level of bowel intolerance -- levels that start to cause diarrhea).

Let me guess. The good doctor mentions that vitamin C at high doses is rapidly excreted by the kidneys, so it doesn't do much good.

Or, what are his cautions....? I take 2000 mgs of sustained release vitamin C each day, along with vitamin D and a bunch of other vitamins, minerals, and supplements. I don't get colds or influenza and feel pretty good. According to the author, what's in store for me?

--John of Ohio

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

He speak a lot about vitamin C in relation to cancer and how it does not do a body good if one has cancer.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

http://davidagus.com/

6. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

But there is a pile of reliable clinical and research data showing (for me) conclusively that ample vitamin C prevents all sorts of cancers. I'll continue to pop my 2000 mgs of sustained release vitamin C each day, without concern.

For those wishing to scrutinize recent papers on the benefits of vitamin C, check the URLs on this website:
    http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/#CANCER

--John of Ohio

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I am not being antagonistic, John. There are two, or more sides, to everything and any scientist or researcher worth his/her salt knows this. We must keep an open mind and look for what makes the best fit for the individual....regardless of what mass studies say. In some instances, we are all unique snowflakes.

8. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Intrepid, sorry for any misrepresentation or misinterpretation. I understand completely. In health matters, there are not two sides to every issue---there are dozens. And each of us must decide, based upon what we know, learn, and believe, how we shall act.

How many options, conventional and alternative, do Meniere's sufferers have to consider? The vast majority are dicussed or posted on this giant website, the one we are reading right now. And yes, there are here "differences of opinion."

Nonetheless, I know of no other single source of Meniere's treatment information that eclipses this one. Readers are welcome to scan, peruse, scrutinize, ponder, consider, apply, and benefit (or not) from just a heap of cogent information here.

My best wishes to all, in every treatment regard, for every human health debility, but es[ecially for the vestibular disorders most of us encounter here.

--John of Ohio

9. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Vitamin B made a big difference for my tinnitus. My friend treats her MM with a high dose B. It's always smart to have your doc double check the dose for any vitamin.

Lisa

10. Brook76

Brook76 New Member

I have read that Vitamin D is an important supplement for several autoimmune disorders such as Meniere's disease, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis. I am thinking about trying to take a pill a day and see what happens because I do suffer from a couple of these diseases. I figure it can't hurt.

11. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

The critical role that adequate (>50 ng/ml) vitamin D plays in good health—and the prevention of things such as Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis, obesity, diabetes, and a host of other human debilities—continues to grow.

Here’s a very informative webpage touching deeply upon much of this:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/01/05/vitamin-d-health-benefits.aspx?e_cid=20130105_DNL_art_1

If you don’t have a serum level of 50ng/ml of vitamin D, the quality of your life, especially as you age, is gravely endangered.

Read what Dr. Mercola presents in the link above.

–John of Ohio

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Take Vitamin D with your heaviest meal for it to be effective:

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2012/ss2012_Vitamin-D-Blood-Levels_01.htm

13. Jäger

Jäger Me and My sweetie 15 years ago :)

Thanks. This really helps. I knew to take it with a meal but I didn't know that it should be the meal with the most fat. I've been taking with my breakfast that most of the time is oatmeal. I think I'll start taking at lunch now.

14. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

I heard that Dr Oz was advocating 1-2000 units a day of D to help prevent the flu.