Vestibular Implant

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Gene P, Oct 18, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. debin

debin New Member

This must be another article

http://www.dailytech.com/UW+Researchers+Develop+First+Implantable+Device+for+Menieres+Disease+Patients/article19946.htm

Copy and paste. A friend just sent me this info and I hope it all works!

2. 02SmithA

02SmithA New Member

Prayers going out for you Gene. Keep us updated!

3. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Gene you are becoming a F.B. phenomenon. Good luck.

4. Daize

Daize New Member

Gene - Hi and good luck. Take Care

5. jaemax

jaemax New Member

My sister-in-law sent me this link about the procedure being performed at University of Washington. Here's the link.

http://www.king5.com/health/UW-surgeons-perform-worlds-first-implant-to-treat-Menieres-disease-105483853.html

I hope that everything works out for you Gene, I wish I had known about this before I had both of my surgeries, might not be in the situation I'm in now.

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Nice to see the video, thanks.

GO GENE!!

7. Gene P

Gene P New Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm on the other side of the surgery now. My doctors are elateded with the results so far. They've already proven that they can stimulate all 3 vestibular canals, which is the first step in proving this technology. Even though the surgery was just yesterday, I am now home and beginning the recovery process. My wife is typing this as right now I have a bit of the spins, something I'm sure you can all relate to. I think the video posted on www.king5.com and the stories already posted in this thread do an excellent job of describing the technology and procedure. As I continue down this road I will continue to send updates, and to respond to personal messages sent to me, to the best of my ability. Thank you again for all your kind thoughts and prayers. They are very much appreciated and Rev that is very cool with me! Gene

From Gene's wife...Gene's recovery so far is identical to his shut surgery. The next few days are the most important in regard to potential negative side effect like infection.

8. tm53

tm53 New Member

Thank you Gene's wife for posting! We are all rooting for him!

9. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Thanks guys for the update. Hey Gene, we saw a short clip of the surgery.

10. nwspin

nwspin New Member

Thank you sooo much for sharing. Praying for a quick recovering and successful testing.

11. Etadpole

Etadpole My wife & I on the Florida Atlantic Coast

Good luck,

12. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

YAY... Praying it works and for a quick recovery.. Thanks Mrs. Genes wife!

13. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

Thank you sooo much for posting Genes wife. We are thinking of you Gene and wishing you a healthy speedy recovery. :)

14. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

Great news.....hope you heal quickly and looking forward to your updates :)

15. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

THis is so exciting, Gene! Praying for you for smooth recovery and success with this device. Activation day will be amazing! We're all on pins and needles waiting to see how it goes for you!

16. gilbyandnanc

gilbyandnanc New Member

Thanks for Sharing .....................

17. Running Dizzy

Running Dizzy New Member

Gene, my wishes for a speedy recovery from the surgery. I can't wait to hear the results of you activation day for your implant! Take care.

18. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

Oh my,can't believe this floated off to the 3rd page.Bumpping it up.
    Hope your doing well Gene and continue to keep us posted.

19. Christy_T

Christy_T New Member

Good Luck Gene!! Keep us posted!!

20. katzefrau

katzefrau New Member

Thanks for update Gene and wife------we want continued updates----you are a maverick! Speedy recovery wishes to you.