Valium warning

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by studio34, Oct 22, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. snowsporter

snowsporter why go on a rollercoaster? live on one day to day

MAV is migraine associated vertigo. search the threads, there are a lot of different posts regarding MAV> i wish you the best of luck

2. acujen

acujen New Member

hollymm, you've been diagnosed with Meniere's but have never had a vertigo attack? Is that possible?

3. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I don't know. I've wondered that myself. The thing is, I was diagonsed with Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease (AIED) around the same time as MM. The doctor told me my immune system was reacting to the 'good' cells by attacking and destroying them. There wasn't much he could do 'he said' to allievate the problem. The tests proved more on the side of AIED than Meniere's. I've have had a couple of drop attacks and do get very dizzy often but have not has the nightmare of vertigo attacks. I'm beginning to beieve from reading numerous posts on this web that most of the people who are diagnosed with MM actually have MAV just as I could very well have a disease that mimics Meniere's but is not necessarily MM.

I do know that in some respects, just about everyone I read about suffers some identical symptoms that are historically associated with MM. If you ever find out, please let me know because my doctor said you don't necessarily have to have severe vertigo to have Meniere's. In fact, he explained to me that some experience a lesser or greater degree of particular symptom than others. Maybe just doctor talk??

4. egross

egross New Member

The drug user (that does sound harsh) is the last person who can have an honest perspective on their medication use. I would listen to your doctor and follow his directives. He's the expert. Not us.

5. CGR

CGR Guest

My current doctor disagrees with you. He says we are the best judge of what we can handle. He has no idea how our bodies will react to different meds. Some people take 8 mg of ativan a day and have no problem quitting after one year. Some take 2 mg a day and are addicted in 2 months. Only you can tell where you are.

6. egross

egross New Member

It can be such a slippery slope. We need to be so honest with ourselves and our doctors otherwise we can find ourselves in a very untenable position down the road if we're not careful with ourselves.

7. Air Force One

Air Force One New Member

Well in my case, yes. ENT calls it cochlear meniere's, or atypical meniere's. He says he has patients like me who have had the same symptoms for 20+ years and still have never had vertigo, and he has patients that have had my same symptoms and gone on to develop vertigo as well. It's a crapshoot.

8. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Hey, maybe I otta get me some dice!! But really AFO, thanks for the reply. It's good to know that at least two doctors agree =~)

9. Air Force One

Air Force One New Member

It's funny, I was just thinking about that today. I bet I could slice open my finger and see five doctors and I bet four would all have different opinion about how it should be sewn up...and one would say it doesn't need stitches. :D

10. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

11. JLR39

JLR39 New Member

Oooohhh . . . to have Meniere's and NOT have vertigo . . . that, I could live with. ;)

Jacquie

12. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Be careful what you wish for...

13. JLR39

JLR39 New Member

True Holly . . . but . . . I guess it's always greener on the other side.

Jacquie

14. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

True to the bone Jacquie, to the bone

15. laser10

laser10 New Member

I have taken Clonazepam, a generic benzo medication, for ~20 years to relieve panic attacks. I can stop taken them w/o any problems.

16. foleyfan

foleyfan New Member

I take 5mg valium as needed for lightheadedness but I dont like to take it because it makes me so sleepy! I have no clue why anyone would abuse Valium. I can be sleepy all by my ownself!

17. CGR

CGR Guest

I take 20 g of heroin everyday, but i can quit anytime! No really!

18. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

LOL

19. Trinity

Trinity Bilateral Menieres 20 years, 24-7 symptoms,

Don't know how much klonopin you have been taking for 20 years. If it is on a regular basis I would bet you could not stop any time you want without having withdrawl symptoms. I have been taking it for 20 years, also. I take .05mgs twice a day and on really bad days a third one. My doctor said I would be really sick if I tried to get off them so he suggests that I don't even try. I did manage to get off my 20mgs of Prozac, cold turkey, that I was taking for 20 years. That was 2 months ago and I had no side effect. Carole

20. CGR

CGR Guest

They're weak and can't quit whenever they want like i can! 8)