Using Success

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Henrysullivan, Mar 29, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

There are a lot of people who are successful in this world. They’ve accomplished their goals in the public eye. But being successful isn’t just about what you make happen for yourself, it’s about what you make happen for others. It’s when you realize, “God has blessed me not to just sit on my throne and let everybody see my accomplishments; God has blessed me to be a blessing to others. God has helped me to win so I can help somebody else win.” In other words, it’s when you realize, “God helped me overcome this addiction, now I’m going to go find somebody and help them overcome.” Or, “God has blessed me with a happy family. I’m going to go find a family that’s struggling and help them get back on track.” That’s what being successful is really all about.

Today, look for ways to help others succeed. Reach back and give freely of the talents and abilities you’ve been given. As you do, you’ll rise up higher and live in the fullness of the blessing God has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
    Father God, thank You for giving me so much. Thank You for blessing me with talents and abilities and the desire to bless others. Show me ways to reach out and help others move forward and help them be successful so we can all rise higher together. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

From TODAY'S WORD, by Joel Osteen

2. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Funny you should bring this up. We are starting a Company that the only recruiting is for inner city kids who want out. We will train them, provide transportation to both job sites and nightly classes, teach them how to act and talk around customers, get them clothing and or uniforms and boots.

A good life they will have as this industry we are experimenting with is exploding.

But they have to stay drug free and clean up their driving record.

My nephew has a friend that graduated last year from Butler and was on the team that went to the national championship. He is going to be our recruiter.

Wish us luck.

3. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Good luck seadog:

Is it like a placement service for underprivaleged kids you are starting.

Have one here in Atlanta and it is doing great things, employers are willing to work with them if they hold up their end if the bargain.

Good luck.!!!

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Karl... I really love and appreciate that you are doing this. This is such a great way to offer a hand up to those who are not as fortunate as us.

I really commend you for what you are doing and wish you nothing but success in this venture.

5. Seadog

NO its not a placement service. My office is right outside an intercity environment and we have never had a minority fill out an application with us.

Every large project here requires a minimum of minority contractor participation.

Its such a joke mostly people use guy (rich, retired ball player) and use the guy as a broker. It is really sad, its just moving paper around.

Other companies put an add in the paper soliciting minority participation for four days then they can go back to the owner (usually the state or federal Government) and claim to have done the due diligence.

We want to change that. This community has been real good to us and we want to play it forward.

None of the minority contractors "here" are large enough to flip for the construction bonds nor can they afford the training and/or safety programs that we have in place that are required for these large projects.

We want to fix this.

6. Seadog

Check that, we NEED to fix this.

7. June-

June- New Member

Great program Seadog. That's a real win/win. It's sure to have some rough going at first but stay determined and you will succeed with this. I admire your taking thisapproach because it is going to mean a lot to many people in the end.

8. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Wonderful post and prayer Hank. Bless you for sharing it with us.

Best wishes to you Karl. What a great thing to do.

9. Seadog

At the end of the day you cant help anybody that refuses to help themselves but we can create a path for those that do.

10. June-

June- New Member

And the first takers for your opportunity will become role models. Role models make a world of difference in a kids life. But they need to be from the neighborhood not just on tv.

11. tm53

tm53 New Member

Well put June-.

Great idea Dog.

Nice post Hank.

12. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

That's great, Seadog. Really a wonderful thing you guys are doing. I encourage folks to listen to Joel's sermon #496 on this subject:

http://www.joelosteen.com/Broadcast/VideoStreaming/Pages/VideoStreaming.aspx#

It was the subject of last week's TV broadcast.

I am proud to know you and call you friend, Big Boy.

13. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Love it. Best thing I've heard all week. I have a feeling this will pay priceless dividends.

14. Seadog

What I would love to do, is buy a small apartment building so that I could get these people out of that environment immediately.

Unfortunately (financially wise) that is way out of the equation.

The best we can do is give them a locker for their tools and uniforms so they can wear their street cloth and keep their street cred until they can get out of there.