Unsalted Chips

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by angels29, Nov 10, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Here's the website for Terra chips...you can either search by your zip code or order online.

http://www.terrachips.com/

2. earfears

earfears New Member

Unsalted Kettle Chips and Unsalted "natural" Terra chips are my favs. Utz, in spite of my contacts with them, only has unsalted chips in the works, not their legendary big pretzels (oh, how I wish) that are the best.

Lays and other mainstream brands are jumping in, slowly but surely, as well and I see them at the local supermarket, etc.. Just beware that they still have all of the other stuff in many cases.

3. earfears

earfears New Member

Plus, you can season chips yourself! I love a little garlic powder or cayenne even! Easy, but mix well. :)

4. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Now if I could only figure out a BBQ seasoning in powder form..... ::)

5. Daize

Daize New Member

I love chips, and live in N.H., I can not find any unsalted chips.

I shop in Shaws, Hannaford store and see Kettle Chips, but, they have sour cream and onion and no plain stuff.

So, what are the best plain chips to get.

I eat small bag of lays at times.

Ruth

6. abra

abra New Member

Have you seen the Lays "Pinch of Salt" chips? Around 70 mg per serving. They come in regular chips, ruffles, fritos and tortilla chips. We like the regular chips in these better than normal ones. The kids aren't much on the fritos, but I do think they're good. Haven't opened the bags of ruffles or tortilla chips yet.

Also, the On the Border brand tortilla chips are around 75 mg per serving too.

7. Moogs

Moogs New Member

Wise now makes no salt added chips and Snyders makes low salt pretzels. Dirty Chips also has no salt chips but I prefer Wise. Local supermarket fare.