Unsalted Chips

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by angels29, Nov 10, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. angels29

angels29 New Member

Hi! I just found a bag of Golden Flake No Salt Added potatoe chips. On the back of the bag it says 0 sodium!! I havent tried them yet but I hope they taste good, anyone else try these yet? Thanks!

2. Chuck_Noland

Chuck_Noland New Member

I found some great No-Salt salsa chips. They are called "Xochitl" chips, Mexican style. I bought them for myself since I'm on the low sodium diet. My wife wouldn't even touch them but she was desperate one night and used them as salsa chips. She couldn't believe how good they were. I bought them at Whole Foods Market.

3. burd

burd New Member

Have you tried unsalted Kettle Chips? These are so good, and I was very skeptical. I will be looking for the ones mentioned here.

4. mundo1988

mundo1988 Dancing is a way of Life

Nothing much to add, just getting my name on as the most recent post in all rooms. Unsalted Chips? They're okay.

5. daisycow

daisycow Moo to you, too.

Sorry, Mundo!

Kettle chips are available in the UK and they're OK, but the bags are huge and so is the temptation to eat more of them!!

6. mundo1988

mundo1988 Dancing is a way of Life

One large bag in one sitting is my limit. Sorry Daisy.

7. Patty Ann

Patty Ann New Member

I live in Maine and today I found some no salt added all natural potato chips made by Utz. Don't know if they are out of New England or not. There are quite good. 5mg. sodium per about 20 chips.

8. fgaglione75

fgaglione75 New Member

I found these chips called Racquet Chips, only 30 mg sodium per 6 chips. I thought that was great! I love them! very yummy.

9. cupoftea

cupoftea New Member

10. samuel81

samuel81 I miss Caffeine......

Golden flake is a southern thing right? like RC cola? I like them, and they go good on penut butter sammiches!

11. jagmi

jagmi New Member

I been getting Jays no salt added chips. I love them and so does my wife and daughter. they have gotten so they don't like real salty foods since I been on this diet and we cook low sodium meals. So I guess I'm keeping the family a litttle healthier one good thing about this stupid MM. ;) :D

12. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Terra brand no-salt Hickory Barbecue Potato Chips - the best!!!

13. jagmi

jagmi New Member

DC those do sound good. I love BBQ flavored chips

14. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Ahhh, these are great. So spicy, you don't miss the salt!

15. jagmi

jagmi New Member

I can't find any flavored chip here that are unsalted

16. barcl003

barcl003 Guest

I buy Cape Cod No Salt Chips by the case. They ship them to my house via UPS. I haven't been able to find them in the store. They are wonderful! (I suppose that might be a stretch~but when you cannot eat salt, they become wonderful!)

17. v227jrfam

v227jrfam New Member

Where can you find these BBQ chips? I live in the midwest and can't seem to find any unsalted chips...of course, haven't been to a Trader Joe's or Whole food yet. That is my next goal. The closest to me of these stores in downtown Chicago.
    thanks!

18. ET

ET Living in Charlie Brown's Classroom

My Hubby found some unsalted chips called Michael Season's. 10mg for 17 chips, they are also reduced fat, so feel less guilty snacking. They taste pretty good, more like a fried potato than a potato chip, but after not being able to have any for a few years? good to me! He also says they make other products, but have not tried any yet. They are distributed by Natural Snacks, LLC out of Illinois.
    www.naturalsnacks.com
    www.seasonssnacks.com

19. poppaharley

poppaharley Meniere's: God's answer to a free merry-go-round

Not potato chips, but Trader Joe's unsalted white corn tortillia chips are great for dipping Enrico's low so hot salsa. I make some of my own salsa and mix with the Enrico's to cut the salt even more. The chips are good on their own with sandwiches. I got them for lo so and now my wife steals them all because she likes them better than the really salty standard kind. The cashier at Trader Joes asked once when I was buying 6 big bags if I was having a party, but I just tend to stock up because it's about a 20 mile drive to the store.

I've tried Utz unsalted potato chips in this area and wasn't impressed. But then I tend to like those super crunchy thicker kettle type potato chips better.

Tony

20. lynnyloo

lynnyloo New Member

I have become slightly addicted to the no salt added Utz BBQ chips (5 mg sodium/serving). I used to pick them up at Giant along with the rest of my groceries, but sadly have not seen them there for over a month (don't really like the plain no salt added Utz chips). I called the Utz distribution line today to find out where I can get them. They're checking and will email me soon. Yay! You can also order them online at www.utzsnacks.com (they're a regional brand I had never seen until moving to Maryland).