Type of person who has Meniere's?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by JLR39, Oct 2, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. JLR39

JLR39 New Member

Jim, I agree. Others may have ulcers migraines, etc. (oh, I miss spell check) and for others . . . it's Meniere's . . . the weakest link in our armour.

Jacquie

2. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

I am a type A personality according to one doc I saw,he mentioned it while talking to me.
    I work to relax,almost typed work hard to relax,which is more truthful. ;D Which sounds very ironic.

For me it all started with job stress,had hearing loss going on and occasional dizzies,but started in earnest with the stress and first drop attack.

Intrepid,
    I like the tip about holding on to something and taking 5 deep breaths.
    I know I sometimes have a tendency to not breath as deeply as I should.

3. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

Your job is harder than mine.

4. kittmo

kittmo New Member

OK, I am a newbie and looking for Meniere's "survivors" to relate to. In answer to your current topic, I am an easy going person, developed Meniere's due to head injury, diagnosed 10 years ago. Going thru a rough patch right now.

5. JF1953

JF1953 New Member

I have been described throughout my first forty years as the great worry'er in the family. I am constinantly concerning myself with the wellfare of those around me as well as items that can affect my family. In 2006 i had 18 inches on my colon removed due to reocuring bouts with diverticulitus which appears to have been agrivated by the stress I continue to allow my body to endure..
    Now after the sudden passing of both my parents in a 33 day period I have another stress manafested monster called Meniere's Syndrom.
    Thanks for the forum! I look forward to te support!

6. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

JF1953--Sorry abou that loss of you parents! I am sure stress pays a big role in Menieres. I find if I don't rest enough and have too much going on, I tend to get sick easier.

Hope you have good memories that will see you through. I don't think we can ever get over such a big loose, but it will get less painful.

Prayers--
    KT

7. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

Kittmo, welcome, and sorry you're here. How about putting this in a new post introducing yourself? More folks are likely to see it.

Papa Joe

8. JLR39

JLR39 New Member

Trina:

I'm high strung, too and don't think I'm an A type person. And - my first attack happened when I, too, was going through a very stressful period in my life (40 years ago!!!) .

Intrepid:

I agree that deep breathing quite often helps . . . not always, but sometimes. It certainly is worth a try.

Someone mentioned when their neck/shoulders feel tight, she uses a Backnobber. I believe she purchased it from her chiropractor. I must check that out, because she said it really helped her.

Jacquie

9. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

My MM started with mild symptoms back in 1989--first vertigo 1995. Came on strong after going through my divorce in 2004. I believe the stress lowers the immune system giving MM a chance to become a part of our everyday lives.............Now, I am asking when going through stress, why can't something wonderful happen to our bodies and stay? Like tons of energry? Someone needs to research this :)

KT

10. JLR39

JLR39 New Member

KT, I wish that, too.

I'm inclined to think we have a weakness in our bodies, which is where the Meniere's monster strikes. Some people have miagraines, others arthritis and us - MM. It's not fair. Unfortunately, who ever said life was fair! :eek: Mind you, "it" will eventually go into remission . . . and some will find something that controls it, such as John of Ohio's regimen and other suggestions on this website. You just have to find what works for you. We're all different when it comes to that.

Good luck (to all of us ;)

Jacquie

11. Skye76

Skye76 New Member

My doc believes that not just type A's, but also most highly driven or motivated types, as well as the worriers and caretakers are affected most commonly by MM. (Just his theory I'm sharing here.) He said that he rarely sees a patient who is lazy. He rarely sees a patient who isn't highly active, motivated, busy busy busy, taking care of others, or the "rock" of the family...the one who takes on the troubles and tries to make sure that everyone else is happy and taken care of and cared for.

I'm definitely not a Type A, I'm very mellow and relaxed, but I was also highly active, very career driven, and definitely the worrier/caretaker in my family. Maybe it just all relates to stress, as others have mentioned.

12. bertito

bertito The greatest composer who ever lived.

I was physically and emotionally abused mainly by my father. I was told that I wouldn't be as smart as my oldest brother and I would be uneducated with a meaningless job.. The endless list goes on and on. I grew bitter and angry, but I always disciplined myself to concentrate on my education.. I ignored my parents, but the anger did not cease. I received a BS and MS in Mathematicas and a MSW degree from University of Michigan and I learned decent money, so my dad's theory went out the window!!

From time to time I displayed aggressive verbal behavior toward people who blamed me for something I didn't do. (Reminded me of my dad).. For years, I have been a quite and private kind of man, I don't particularly enjoy crowds, social gatherings and public places. I listen to my music, read the papers, walk and watch sports.. I am, let's say, a "cool cucumber" very much in control of my emotions.

Bert.

13. Daisy-Mae

Daisy-Mae New Member

I'm new to this forum. Recently diagnosed with Meniere's. I'm usually calm, easy going, quiet. I turned 50 yrs old in June and feel like my health and life are falling apart.

14. June-

June- New Member

Welcome Daisy-Mae. There is so much hope of improvement and you can find a lot of options right here on this board. Be optimistic, read a lot, find a good doctor or two and see what works for you.

15. Michael

Michael New Member

Type?!? I am an ISTJ and Seven with an Eight wing.