Turmeric Root: Another person sees their symptoms begin to vanish

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by earshurt, Dec 26, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. earshurt

earshurt New Member

She probably means 18,000 to 20,000 milligrams, with 24,000 being the highest dose she took.
    --------------------------------------------

This is a link to an absolute TON of turmeric information and the active ingredient "curcumin". I thought there had been 644 studies done on it but this says 688 studies done.

You'll have to excuse the product link but its the best comprehensive page I can find. I tried to cut and paste and leave the product offering out of the mix but it won't let me do that.

http://www.turmeric-curcumin.com/

2. DebbieD

DebbieD New Member

Thanks earshurt. You are absolutely correct.

Dolfan, I feel your pain, baby.

3. Coach M

Coach M New Member

I bought a couple of pounds for around $18.00

If it does nothing, I've spent more than that on a really bad meal. And I got over that pretty quickly.

On a side note, it seems to me earshurts goes to a fair amount of trouble to research this stuff in an attempt to help people out. Cut the guy a break.

4. hurricaneone

hurricaneone New Member

Good post Coach I agree. I personally respect anyone who go to a lot of trouble to help not just themselves but everyone.Coach PM me when you start and let me know whats going on.

5. DebbieD

DebbieD New Member

Totally agree Coach which is why I first posted on this thread.

6. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Since Vitamin C came up I will share some thoughts I have had about anti-oxidants and their role in helping people with this problem as it relates to Turmeric.

Vitamin C is a potent anti-oxidant. One of its main benefits would be knocking out and neutralizing the harmful toxins and by-products of invaders such as virus, fungus, etc...In this process the Vitamin C is used up as it donates an electron. By keeping the blood serum level high enough it continues to nuke the harmful substances. There is probably also other mechanisms of action at work. Perhaps if the blood serum level is kept high enough for a long enough period it could nuke by-products and actually erode the invader itself eventually? Also inactivation of virus could be in play.

Turmeric is also a potent anti-oxidant and would serve a similar function in this role as Vitamin C. It also has the ability to kill invaders. If it killed an invader a true cure could be had.

If symptoms continue to arise after stopping Turmeric, much as happens with Vitamin C sometimes, then I suspect it is interrupting vital processes used by a potential invader such as Lysine can, and also neutralizing its toxins through anti-oxidant activity.

Considering the above there could also be one huge benefit of the curcumin in Turmeric which is its ability to shut down the Cytokine storm caused by inflammation. Small amounts of curcumin or the more potent Turmerics have huge ability to shut down destructive cytokine inflammation storms that do tissue damage.

Inflammation is beneficial to healing unless the source of the inflammation is chronic and severe, and then it becomes a destructive force sometimes. Shutting down this cytokine storm reduces swelling in the circulatory system and enhances blood flow which enhances the body's ability to heal.

In a nutshell this is how I currently view it's most beneficial features at present. As I learn more I may discover that I have overlooked key components and features of its ability to help and I hope this is the case.

7. Skye76

Skye76 New Member

Thanks for the great info earshurt.

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

It comes with the territory. You are doing a wonderful service with your posts. Keep it up. Folks will benefit from your efforts. That is what this site is all about, helping others cope with their symptoms. I am glad that you have found something that works for you. If it works for one person, chances are that it will help others. That is just the math of it all.

9. birdmom3

birdmom3 New Member

This herb has been around for years. A while back I gave mention to it. These herbs are very helpful.

Birdmom3

10. tbone71

tbone71 New Member

Where can you buy this Alleppey Turmeric in Europe? I have tried google it but found nothing. Frontiercoop.com does not ship overseas unfortunately. I have found one store in Sweden which sells capsules of Turmeric 10,000mg (as 500mg of turmeric root extract) which gives 95% Curcumins. Would these do the trick?

11. birdmom3

birdmom3 New Member

This herb is good for digestive problems. A book called "Natures Medicines" from Prevention magazine mentions this.

Birdmom3

12. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Yes if properly extracted it certainly should. The curcumin is actually one of the most potent ingredients. Those capsules may be the ticket, but the problem is that you never really know the quality of the ingredients. A person I know bought some capsules and it was probably Chinese or Peruvian Turmeric which has less curcumin and it did not work well for him. Luckily he did not give up and got the Turmeric grown in Allepey, India. It has been several days since I spoke with him but as of our last conversation he said it was working well.

I left him a message and asked him if he would speak about his experience with it but I have not heard back from him yet. He does that though. Disappears for a week at a time.

If the curcumin was not properly extracted you will be left with some Turmeric that you do not know the origin of. If that happens to you it may or may not work.

But I would give it a shot if you can. If properly extracted it should be very potent.

If you give me your address by private message I will ship you some of mine for free to try out just in case it does not work. I also think it is good to take the raw turmeric with the extracted curcumin so that you get the whole compound and all the helper components that work synergistically.

It looks like the bottle you found is set up that way with both curcumin and raw turmeric. What company is selling it?

13. tbone71

tbone71 New Member

Hi Earshurt,
    I just placed an order and we'll see. My problem mostly consists of fullness, hearing loss and tinnitus (no vertigo) but I've tried almost everything now. I even tried megadosing vitamin C (I was up to 38000mg per day, no difference). So I'll definitely give this a try. If these capsules won't work I'll send you a pm. The company selling the capsules is http://www.vitaminbutiken.se/catalogsearch/result/?q=gurkmeja+pulver&x=0&y=0 (directlink to product)
    Thanks,
    -Tbone

14. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Good luck pardna. Let me know if you need the back up plan.

15. earshurt

earshurt New Member

That was in Swedish but I translated it such.

TURMERIC 10 000 mg tablets (curcumin supplements) (60 tablets)
    179.00 SEK

That does not give me much to go on. One thing I can say is "wow" that stuff is the most expensive product I have ever seen "if" it is only 60 regular size capsules. Your currency exchange rate must be pegged in a different ratio maybe? My Swedish is a little rough.

For one thing a 10,000 "milligram" capsule would be about the size of a chicken egg. So, something about this does not make sense to me. 60 capsules the size of chicken eggs is probably not what we will see delivered, unless you Swedish boys are bigger than I realize. Your name is Tbone though, so maybe ya'll grow them bit in Sweden. ;) Also for the price maybe your measurement system is different and there will be more product somehow than I realize? Maybe you can clarify this for me?

If this is simply 60 regular size capsules of regular Raw Ground Turmeric it takes five capsules to make a teaspoon. Personally, especially starting out, I consider a daily regimen of at least two to three teaspoons per day to be the proper amount. Tom47 just went through this and he got no results because he took a couple of capsules about three times a day and nothing happened. I think he then took five at a time and said his brain fog and fatigue got better. We have no idea what country his Turmeric was grown in and it definitely matters. He went ahead and got the Allepey I suggested dirt cheap for 7.30 a pound and soon after I got a message from him saying basically "this stuff is really workin and my floaters in my eyes are slowly disappearing and I feel better". So be ready for this scenario because it is entirely likely.

However, if this is pure extracted curcumin, properly extracted, it might knock your Swedish socks off and be just what you need. I cannot tell from this information what you really have. So I am flying blind on this one.

Another thing I know is that within roughly two years time the herbal supply in the U.S. will have already gone, or will be swiftly heading to the same position Europe just arrived at in the last few days. All herbal supplements will be pulled from the shelves within four months in Europe. The U.S. has just earmarked a couple of hundred million dollars to study the effectiveness of herbal products in the U.S. too. As just happened in Europe they will most likely be found harmful and will be immediately regulated and most likely pulled from the shelves.

My buddies the U.S. FDA is now in charge of the herbal medicine supply in multiple countries as we near the implementation of Codex Alimentarius. This will mean centralization of multiple countries having all order flow of herbal medicine flowing through a central FDA database. Attempting to order from overseas will be seen, tracked, and probably either prohibited or restricted in some way. Simply ordering product from other countries if your country will not let you buy it in your home country will not be as easy or maybe not even possible.

Licenses will be granted to a select crowd of people that will allow them to market herbal medicines. This select crowd will be "friends" within the current global commerce power broker system of the World Trade Organization. The prices will most likely shoot through the roof. Most or all product will likely have to be irradiated for...ahem...safety which will destroy most of its healing properties in many cases. The abilities of "live" non-irradiated almonds to halt cancer is well documented. (no we won't debate that one either sports fans, take it or leave it) Now all the California Almonds must be irradiated which completely destroys this healing ability. This was done for safety, "whose" safety is debatable but of course we will not debate that either.

So, you might be wise to be doing some foreward thinking as to how you will acquire it if it works for you.

------------------------------------------

P.S. I beat on Tom47's mailbox again yesterday to see if I could get a report from him but per usual he is obviously hoarding messages and will probably pop in at some point. Hopefully no news is good news.

16. Tom47

Tom47 New Member

lol with the holidays I haven't been on lately.  But I am a very real and separate person then ear hurts.

I have received relief from turmeric and coconut oil.  The dizziness and brainfog is not as severe as it was.  I also have eye floaters and they still have yet to subside, although it has done away with my weird halos around lights at nigh and the floaters are not as distinct as they were.

Granted I think I would be having much better relief if I had stuck to my candida diet(no sugar/alcohol), but as I said it is the holidays and it is very hard to stick to a non sugar non alcohol diet lol.  I've posted earlier that I have had battles with this when I was young as well.  I never thought of a candida connection until a couple of weeks ago.  I am about to restart my allergy shots, because I believe they gave me relief between 12 years ago until now.  No news is good news, so if I don't post as much I am sorry lol.  But with my schedule and the holidays it's sometimes hard to post often.  I am going to see my allergy doc this month, to see if I can restart my allergy shots and start taking systematic anti-fungals(as I think I've been battling candida my whole life just didn't know it).  Good luck guys. 

17. studio_34

studio_34 Guest

Earhurts,

Do you think it's worth pouring turmeric into my ears and letting the powder sit in the ear canals overnight followed by a washout in the morning with a salt water bath? I usually flush out my nostrils every morning with salt water and can't believe the junk that comes out so why not the ears after an overnight turmeric soak. I wonder if this amazing natural substance can help end the dizziness this way. There's no reason that it shouldn't be absorbed through the ear drum and then do it's magic in the inner ear. Thanks. You are truly an asset to this forum and have taught me so much about the benefit of natural remedies and awakened me further to how useless pharmaceuticals are.

18. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Tom47, keep us posted on whether the Nystatin and diet work for you. I am going to start the diet along with the Nystatin in the New Year so I too am hoping for good things.

19. June-

June- New Member

Does this mean we should hurry and buy now?

20. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

why would you do this? The inner ear cannot be reached from the outside. If you had an inner ear disorder you would know this. Who are you really? Do you have an vestibular/inner ear disorder? If not then why are you here? You state that pharmaceuticals are useless. You have just insulted thousands of us who have been helped immensely by your horrid pharmaceuticals. Have you not read any of the posts and topics on this forum? If you had you would not make such a ridiculous and ignorant statement. Btw, your post reads like an informercial. Pls don't post this crap. There are too many people here who suffer to be reading your ill-advised junk statements. Stop wasting our time and stop spreading falsehoods.