Turmeric Root: Another person sees their symptoms begin to vanish

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by earshurt, Dec 26, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

If you are implying that I am denigrating Tom47 then you are twisting my words for your benefit. What I said is I am suspicious about people who show up on this forum to support something another poster is saying and they don't contribute anywhere else. We see it here once in a while. Usually they don't stay long.

You confirmed that Tom47 followed you here from another forum where you are pushing turmeric because he was interested specifically in what you are doing and promoting. So my suspicion is confirmed. Thanks for your honesty.

2. CGR

CGR Guest

You are so f-ing dumb. :D :D :D

3. CGR

CGR Guest

I'm going to try it. I'll let you all know if it does anything for me.

4. CGR

CGR Guest

I don't live in France. :D

5. CGR

CGR Guest

Damn, you have 1000000000 posts! :eek:

6. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I had several messages in my box this morning and I used this as sort of a form reply to everybody in my box to save typing time. I will post it here. I am not promoting this company. I only give this to people because it took me several months to figure out that all Turmeric is not created equal. In order to figure this out I had to call a health food store in Minnesota and ask them where they bought their Turmeric. I knew the stuff I bought from the health food store worked and the turmeric I bought on my own did not work well.

Since I "know" this is good turmeric I share my source. But I could care less where people buy their stuff as long as they understand the difference in good and mediocre product. I also told people I get my baking soda from Bob's Red Mill, not to promote Bob's but to save people hours of research like I had to do. I ordered some Kefir grains from some dude in the Middle East and shared that link too. (which have never arrived by the way)

Research takes time. I share mine when I can. I feel a lot better these days. I don't sit here on this forum to help myself these days as much as I sit here to try to help others. You guys helped me when I first got here and I try to pay back. I have no other motives.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting mediocre Turmeric will produce very little or no measurable results.

Turmeric grown in different places has different amounts of curcumin in it. The higher the curcumin content the better. Turmeric from Peru and China does not work as well as Turmeric from Allepey, India because Allepey Turmeric as more curcumin.

Allepey is lighter in color than the others and is more potent. I have some of the darker Turmeric grown in Peru and it barely scratches the surface and does not work well. Getting the right Turmeric is very important.

I get mine from frontiercoop.com. This is the direct link.

Frontier Bulk Turmeric Root Ground (Alleppey, 5% curcumin),
    1 lb. package (Curcuma longa)

http://www.frontiercoop.com/products.php?ct=spicesaz&cn=Turmeric+Root

Turmeric you have around the kitchen or get from a grocery "may or may not be the right kind" and may or may not work.

I teaspoon twice to three times a day. I put it in water, stir, swirl it around to get it suspended and kill it like a shot. Adding 1/4 teaspoon black pepper makes it much much more effective because it causes rapid digestion. A lot of the the time Turmeric will not be fully digested without using the pepper and you won't get as much benefit.

If you can't kill it like a shot mix it with something. I would not mix it with orange juice because of the acid in the juice. It may do something to the Turmeric and make it not effective.

7. earshurt

earshurt New Member

And remember, the symptoms it will hit first and probably be the most effective for are

1. brain fog
    2. fatigue
    3. confusion
    4. inability to think good, read well
    5. pain
    6. inflammation and swelling around the ear
    7. visual disturbance
    8. general dizziness, unsteadiness
    9. poor physical coordination
    etc...

I suspect mileage will vary on the rest of the symptoms because everybody is different. Getting rid of the brain fog and fatigue was a milestone for me and I will take that alone if it did nothing else. I would be really interested to see if it stops any spinning vertigo. I did not have spinning vertigo and am interested to see if it will help with spinning.

8. CGR

CGR Guest

Are they fairly quick about the regular ground delivery?

9. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Yes I usually get mine in about three days.

10. CGR

CGR Guest

Ok thx. Looking forward to trying it.

11. austdrop

austdrop New Member

earshurt - Thanks for the advice on the orange juice as that is how I have been taking it. Will mix with water from now on. However there must be something magic in this stuff anyway. As I am in a period of remission (burnout ?) at the moment I have not been taking turmeric for meniere's but for feet pain which I have put up with for decades. The pain has almost totally gone after just one week which I really cant believe. Where I have got the idea from is that I have a friend that swears by its ability to defeat gout. A long time sufferer he hasn't had it now for 6 years since taking turmeric. Might add that I have stopped taking the serc and diuretic while I havent been sick as a test case but also because I am not too sure if there would be any effects with the turmeric.

12. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Its ability to knock out pain and inflammation like that is legendary. This is just one of the reasons I believe it may help some people. If people have swelling and inflammation around the ear it should calm a lot of that down. Lack of swelling and inflammation around the ear should help with some of the unsteadiness and dizziness for some people.

For people with calcium carbonate deposits in the ear causing true spinning vertigo I don't know if it will stop those deposits from forming over time or not. I intend to try to research this and see what I can find. Like gout, it may stop the calcium carbonate deposits from forming in the ear possibly. Theoretically if it can stop the crystals from forming in the ear, if a person has crystals and they finally exit the ear, maybe no more will develop?

Only time will tell exactly how and with what specific problems this may help with as far as MM goes. I could see the possibility that sufferers with certain causes may get relief, while sufferers that have other causes may not get relief. This most likely being the case, it may help us to better determine what is causing some people's problems. People that already have extensive damage from inflammation may not get relief or they may, and it definitely can help keep inflammation down so that the extensive damage does not occur or takes much longer to rip the inside of an ear to pieces.

Someone brought up something important earlier in thread. Turmeric can thin the blood a little so people taking Coumadin should keep this in mind. I have seen reports of people who were on coumadin that stopped taking the coumadin and used Turmeric instead. This is another reason why I believe it is beneficial, because like aspirin, it would help the blood circulate through tiny vessels that were previously blocked due to inflammation. With turmeric the blood will be a little thinner and circulate more easily and also the vessels will not be so swollen and inflamed. This helps keep "focal necrosis" from setting in, which basically means "a small localized area of degenerating tissue" or "tissue death and rot". Once necrosis sets in it can become a run away abscess that will require surgical intervention, and of course tissue structure will have been lost.

13. jaypr

jaypr New Member

After reading what earshurt had to say about turmeric about two weeks ago I decided to do some more reading on its benefits in particular on arthritis and started it today. Mixed it with hot milk which made it easy to drink. Hoping for neck inflamation relief.

Frank

14. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Yeah my wording was rough. "forming" was not the right word. Basically what I mean is keep them from "getting loose and getting in places they should not be"

15. DebbieD

DebbieD New Member

I don't know folks, but I just don't get why people want to be negative about others telling about something that worked for them. Unless they claim it will work for anyone, anytime, they should be able to state their opinion without being attacked. I think this sounds very interesting and if I was suffering, I would seriously consider it. As for me....MEGADOSING VITAMIN C IS DA BOMB! I have my life back. My symptoms are 95% gone and life is great. I posted my results before and am just saying things are still great. Being open minded can be a very good thing!

Happy New Year all!

16. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

how much are you taking Debbie?

17. DebbieD

DebbieD New Member

Hi Dolfan - congrats from a Panthers fan who thinks your record looks pretty freaking good. :)

18. DebbieD

DebbieD New Member

Oops didn't mean to hit send or whatever. Anyway...

I got up to 24 but am at 18-20 now. Life (other than football) is good!

19. carnyard

carnyard New Member

Here, Here Deb!

20. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I wish the season would end quicker, so that I get my 3 hours of precious life back each week. What is a but...is that 1000 mg?