Turmeric Root: Another person sees their symptoms begin to vanish

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by earshurt, Dec 26, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. CGR

CGR Guest

When ray gets back, thars gonna be some bannings from this thread. :D

2. CGR

CGR Guest

Try it and let us know what happens. :D

3. CGR

CGR Guest

Booooo! Wheres greta?

4. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

My morphine is getting expensive. If I don't answer the bell in the morning you will know

5. CGR

CGR Guest

God i wish i had some morphine right now. Id smoke it with turmeric....

6. JF2740

JF2740 New Member

Ummm can someone sum this all up?

Who should take it and who shouldn't take it?

Where can I get it? etc

7. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

LOL... not sure if you are kidding or not since there are 16 pages on this thread alone and many other threads with turmeric info. :D

If you are indeed serious, if you reread the thread EH cites his sources for it but please do your own research as to whether you feel this would be safe to take in your circumstances.

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

On a separate note, I actually had a dream about this thread last night. I dreamt that in an effort to make this thread go away EH didn't post anymore and after 20 posts without him posting no one else could post.

I think I am spending way too much time here on this subject... LOL ;) It's affecting my subconscious. :D

9. CGR

CGR Guest

I woke up with a headache. I'm blaming the turmeric.

10. CGR

CGR Guest

Yep.

But its prob the withdrawal.

11. CGR

CGR Guest

Its ok. At least no vertigo and dizziness :)

12. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Was given last rights 3 rimes last night, it did not kill me, just put me in a temporary coma.
    Good stuff

13. austdrop

austdrop New Member

Nothing about Meniere's but ...........

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/10/3135560.htm?section=justin

14. groovemastergreg

groovemastergreg New Member

Here's an article today from BBC News that discusses a modified version of curcumin developed to cross the blood-brain barrier, which according to these scientists ordinary curcumin does not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12409700

"Turmeric has been used for centuries as part of traditional Indian Ayurvedic medicine, and many laboratory studies suggest one of its components, curcumin, might have various beneficial properties.

However, curcumin cannot pass the "blood brain barrier" which protects the brain from potentially toxic molecules.

The US researchers, who reported their results to a stroke conference, modified curcumin to come up with a new version, CNB-001, which could pass the blood brain barrier."

So the article goes on to say they are using CNB-001 to treat stroke victims in immediate hours after the stroke. Read it and it raises a couple of questions for me.

1. What possible benefits could curcumin have for the inner ear diseases we suffer from?

2. What other drugs/compounds cross the blood brain barrier? I take famvir, which does cross, but what else does?

15. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

i eat and bake with cumin and I take a turmeric supplement along with a Mediterranean Oil supplement and a cinnamon supplemtn. Henw I lived in North Africa - people cooked and used cumin, turmeric, garlic, allspice, cinnamon, many different spices and their health seemed much better than those people in America and they seemed to live a dat longer as well.

16. groovemastergreg

That seems to be the case, Aladdin.

Here's a much better article from the Toronto Sun on the same subject.

Now, where can I get me some of this CNB-001? What other neuronal growth could it support? I wonder if any ear docs are thinking of studies on this?

http://www.torontosun.com/life/healthandfitness/2011/02/11/17239231.html

17. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

I will try and read that link. What is the CNB you speak of?

18. groovemastergreg

CNB is the molecularly altered Curcumin that, according to the articles, crosses the blood brain barrier, which is essential for a drug to reach the inner ear to see if it will work there.

I was just engaging in wistful thinking, wanting some of the CNB-001 to try. They synthesize it in a lab, so there's no way for a guy like me to get it. A research doctor could probably get some right now to use in a highly controlled trial, if some oto were so motivated. Right now, they're doing research on limiting stroke damage to the brain.

But it made me think that if it is protecting damaged neurons and the like and even spurring on new cell growth, it could have some effect on folks like us, based on the anecdotal (don't you love it when your doctor says that about something you've researched, as if it's not true?) evidence presented in this thread and others on tumeric. I've read of the healing powers of tumeric and other spices for some years now, for people with our disease.

It just made me think that if tumeric is working on the injured brains of stroke patients, could it help either mediate damage done already to the inner ear or be used in an attack to calm things down?

19. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

I know that if I take two pills daily - I have to watch my kidneys and liver. I don't have the bottle in front of me but it is a rather high dose to begin with.

20. deadeye

deadeye New Member

hey guys. have been taking a tablespoon once a day with water. getting confused with all i've read. taking it on an empty stomach. is it getting in my system/ all this blood barrier stuff is confusing. thanks