Topic removed from a church Facebook page.

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Chris0515, Oct 5, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

There's a church here in Tampa that is very large and has over 1,000 members and I've been to a couple of their services many years ago, and I have 3 or 4 friends that still go there and they have a Facebook page that I have visited a few times. Well I had started a topic thread that was discussing how church goers and non-church goers(that still firmly believe)can still get along and discuss our faiths together, and there was about 10 responses back and forth that were both peaceful and also enjoyable to read. Buuuuuut once the pastor got wind of it all he had it DELETED because it was not quote.................."church approved".

And it's stuff like that that has caused me to walk away from not only that church, but from all churches in general and walk with God on my own.

2. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I understand that.

3. June-

June- New Member

It is my experience that church's/religious institutions are built around doctrine and a large part of their reason for being is to promote that doctrine. Included in this doctrine for many churches/religious institutions is the idea that they are the ONLY path to salvation. Acceptance of other points of view is relatively rare among these churches/institutions and does not come as a surprise to me that they do not want it discussed on their dime.

That kind of mindset doesn't appeal to me either but it is what it is and a lot of people like it that way.

4. Perses

Perses Guest

Man = Created by God
    Church = Created By Man (and herein lies the problem)

That's all I have to say.

Peace!

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Man = Created by God
    Church Organization = Created by Man (and herein lies the problem)
    Church = Body of Christ (And herein lies the solution to the problem)

6. joy

joy New Member

You MEN do tend to screw things up. ;D (Let the fight begin! ;D ;D)

7. June-

June- New Member

"God created Man in his own image ‹and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment."

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Man= Criticised By Woman (and herein lies the problem)

9. June-

June- New Member

Awwwww, poor babes. ;)

10. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

I don't think there's a problem just do it right the first time

11. Titus

Titus New Member

BINGO

12. karenlr

karenlr New Member

INCOMING! everybody duck!

13. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

this will hardly develop into a good fight at all unless some commie pinko heathen agnostic jumps in and I am too lazy

someone will need to say something much more insulting or disrespectful if they want this to degenerate into one of our normal brawls

14. highway

highway New Member

seems tht the pastor is full of himself instead of Christ.

15. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

To me it's all very controlling, and I am out to prove that church going and non-church going believers can all get along and achieve the same goals in life and in.........the afterlife.

16. rev

rev New Member

How are you - you pinko, agnostic, modernistic, psycho/social counseling friend of mine? ;)

Betcha didn't know I was working my way back - great seeing you!

(BTW) This is one great way to hijack a thread

17. Perses

Perses Guest

Unfortunately it is these types that are slowly destroying your nation.

18. Daize

Daize New Member

Karen - you have me laughing!!!!!!!!

19. Daize

Daize New Member

First of all, I agree with the women here :D ;) pleeeez be nice to me ;D

My 2 cents is this, it is too bad that the pastor had that deleted. It was a peaceful discussion and then poof. Evidently the Pastor likes it his way or nothing. Lots of opinions were shared, however, he did not like the topic and evidently the comments at all.

Ruth

20. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

The short message I received was that my thread was deleted and the reason given - "material not approved by church leaders".