Today

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by Peanut Brittle, Jan 15, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

Today I feel a stillness long awaited. While this is not the snow I’d hoped for, it is beautiful and brilliant though the day is as dark as a day can be and still be daylight...

Colored greys surround me and stir deeply warm thoughts inside. Tree limbs bow with grace and the landscape burns with electricity of colors wanting to explode. How anything so cold and wet could appear so warm and comforting...

Steady sounds of icing skylight. Such magic to behold. Birds at the feeder are flying flowers and I am delighted to see why the “finch flocker” got its name!

2. Peanut Brittle

HOWEVER...

I don't know how I'd feel if I had to experience this day from the OTHER side of the window!

:eek:

3. Peanut Brittle

Nearly 24 hours later and all the ice is GONE. Vanished! The wind took it away in the night and now the ground is hard and cold and steeley. Brittle. The rhododendron leaves are rolled up tight against the bitter air.

Corners in the house carry a chill. The wood stove can't reach it all!

4. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

5. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Most every time I see a moon I think of her...she had a way with words and with people!

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I really feel like I was reading a published novel, your description is so vivid!

It makes me want to be sitting next to you, sharing a pot of tea, and doing whatever we want to do.

You, and all of you, are the best support team ever!