Today is my one year anniversary of "the year from hell"

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Lorrie K, Aug 25, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

One year ago today the worst meniere's assault of my life began. There were many dark and depressing days when I was not sure if I could stand to live another day, yes even prayed before going to bed that I would not wake to see the light of day. How far I have come - from day upon day with no end in sight, housebound by vertigo, unable to walk. The PT doing by VRT asked me on Monday how close to normal do I feel. My anwer was that I have accepted that I will never feel normal as I have a constant seasick feeling. And yet now I am able to walk the dog, rather wobbly and weaving at times, I am able to drive short distances and actually do my own grocery shopping although it is difficult with the visual disturbances.

I don't know that I would have come this far without the support so many of you have given me. Thus the purpose of this topic is to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

2. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Lorrie it has been my sincere pleasure getting to know you and anytime you need me I'm here for you! I do hope this year will be much better for you and that this time next year on your 2 year anniversary, things will be even better for you!

Kim

3. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

We three girls are chasing each other around the board today! Lorrie--aren't you glad that year is behind ya?! The strength it takes to get through is so exhausting. I am very proud of you.

Keep working it sister!