To all

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by jackson, Aug 21, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Michelle - It's okay. Just take care of yourself, okay?!!!

2. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Ditto Michelle...

3. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

Its ok Michelle. I hope your ear feels better soon.

Maggie

4. jackson

jackson My dog's belly

((hugs))

5. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Hope you're feeling better Michelle!! Lisa B.

6. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

No worries Michelle - I just hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,
    Amethyst

7. wlyeager

wlyeager Fly fishing is good for the soul

Michelle,
    Let us know how your ear does? To what extent can you hear? Do you use ASL?

Lee

8. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

i hope her ear doesnt attack me ;) lol jk...but everyone else got a couple of wishes...and i wanna make mine.... can anyone guess what it is ????? A NEW SHINEY PRETTY YELLOW Z06 CORVETTE !!!!!!!! ....
    btw my ear is attacking me(for real) is there anyway of getting them to attack someone else just for a few hours ????? jk sort:\

9. jackson

jackson My dog's belly

My ear is senstive to electronic buzzing and high noise. No, I use ESL and learn ASL later in life.

10. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Michelle, I am still trying to learn ASL (American Sign Language). (ESL- English as Second Language?)

If you do not have Meniere's, what do you have? Did the doctors give you a different diagnosis?

11. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

Michelle:

It is so good to see you posting again.

Do you have a CI (cochlear implant)? I was just wonderingsince you are deaf how sounds can bother you.

Sometimes hearing aids pick up sounds from electronic interference and make us dizzy.

Please take care!

12. jackson

jackson My dog's belly

English Sign Language... :)

13. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

I have never heard of English Sign Language. Do you mean British Sign Language? Signed Exact English is usually used by people who are adult deafened. It is different from American Sign Language. Could you explain?

14. survivedit

survivedit New Member

Here's a simplistic explanation of ASL syntax. It goes time tense+topic/subject+color+any other adjective+action. Quite a bit different than spoken English e.g. "I'm driving a small blue car today" would be signed as "today car small blue me drive". Contact signing is more like 'regular' English and what is typically used for interactions between hearing and deaf people. ASL is used more between deaf and deaf people. ESL is a new one on me. I would be interested in learning more about it.

Welcome to the forum Michelle. Sorry you got beat up a little, but sometimes we get 'crank callers' here and we don't take too kindly to it. Please post any questions you have as there is a wealth of knowledge here about lots of ear related things - not just Meniere's.

Bob

15. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

survivedit - good explanation of ASL grammar. A very simplified version would be in contrast to English where we have Subject, Verb, Object. I went to the store. I is the subject. The verb is past tense of to go, and the object is the store.

ASL grammar basically is Topic followed by Comment. Tense and descriptive elements in the comment are included along with "facial grammar" which can denote if the sentence is a question or a statement; or a question that expects a yes or no answer as opposed to a question that will give additional response.

Exact English, Pigeon English, Cued Speech, and other variations are used by signers in English. I will be interested in knowing what ESL is too!

16. jackson

jackson My dog's belly

((HUGS))

17. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

Today, greetings to Michelle say I, warmly.

Joe

18. jackson

jackson My dog's belly

Thanks Joe!

19. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

Michelle,

Is your dog a dachshund perchance?

Jenski

20. jackson

jackson My dog's belly

Hi Joe, Yes. He's jumping at me. ;D