TMJ

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by TracyInIndy, Oct 1, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. tipsy

tipsy New Member

This needs a bump, My TMJ affects my mm and newbies might be missing this connection.

2. Cara

Cara New Member

Ok, I did not know that there was any connection between TMJ and MM. I have TMJ, I do not grind my teeth, never had braces, my top teeth are pretty straight. I have popping and clicking in my jaw. The biggest problem is it locking open, especially after being at the dentist, its not a pretty sight either, panicks me, dentists has to get behind my head take my jaw and pull and pop it back into place, its painful too. After my last surgery, when I woke up my jaw was locked open. I have numbness and tingling down my right arm into my hand and fingers at night, my bad ear is my right one. This is all news to me.

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

The TM joint deteriorates when the trigeminal nerve, which innervates the joint, is impaired, impinged or otherwise affected by an upper cervical misalignment. That kind of misalignment can also cause Meniere's symptoms. Cara, you would be wise to seek care at the Alpha Spine Clinic.

Hank

4. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Cara - There is not necessarily a connection between TMJ and MM. TMJ symptoms mimic MM symptoms. In other words, you can have TMJ and think you have MM but you might not because the symptoms are similar.

5. edie814

edie814 New Member

How did you make out do you still have any symptoms after all the therapy and splint

edie