Titus....back after a short sabbatical :)

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Titus, Sep 27, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Titus

Titus New Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been gone for a few months trying to help my attitude adjust :)

I'm back because I seek spiritual support from my .org friends. I've missed you all and you've been in my thoughts and prayers.

I miss the bible verses, the prayers, the songs Vic posts that lift my spirit, the familiar faces, and the endless encouragement I've received from so many of you......Christian and non-Christian.

When I first found this board, in October 2002, I was so scared. I had all these unexplained symptoms and felt so alone. I spent hours in the .org Livingroom reading, learning, and finally posting!

I remember how much fun we all had during the holiday seasons of 2005-2006. We shared recipes, planned menus, posted outrageously funny pictures, encouraged one another, and sent cards to each other.....all over the world. What a community!

There are some folks here I consider part of my family....even if we haven't spoken for months.

I always challenge myself on a regular basis by reading my last ten posts. I check my tone, my attitude, the content, just not my spelling :D If my tone is negative or hostile, I give myself a time out. My cousin told her 23-year old son he should only write words he would want Jesus to read. YIKES! I'm not sure Jesus would be happy with some of my posts, and definitely not some of my phone conversations..... ;)

Anyway, I'm hoping this holiday season yields some wonderful memories.....it'll be here before we know it!

God bless,

Kim

2. Titus

Titus New Member

HI SARITA :)

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I've missed you. I understand the need to take a break...and to come back. Good to see you here again!

4. Titus

Titus New Member

Hi Linda,

It's good to see you, too. I'm not sure how much I'll be posting since work has been overwhelming. We just added some engineering degrees and we're applying for the BSRN Program......we now have over 35,000 students (half are full time.)

I'll never forget the encouragement I got from Sarita, Bergie, and you when I first posted. I thought I was going crazy and it was like God put these angels on here to help me through some of the hardest days of my life.

:-*

5. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

I believe this is our first meeting! I joined in Feb. 2010........nice to mee ya!

KT

6. tm53

tm53 New Member

Hi Kim, good to see you back!

7. June-

June- New Member

Very thoughtful approach. Thanks for sharing and welcome back.

8. joy

joy New Member

Kim's back Kim's back Kim's back!

Hi Kim! ;D

9. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Just this morning, this very morning mind you, I thought of you. It was in my spirit to check on you! Which I did. And I discovered that the last time you had visited was on July 11. Perhaps our spirits were communicating. Other than that, we would have to assume your appearance back was pure coincidence, which we both know can't be true. :) Glad you are back to keep me from my football games.

10. Titus

Titus New Member

Coincidences......don't believe in them ;)

It seems longer than that.....I've missed the prayers most of all.

I'm sure some of you can relate and I'll admit it would be easier if I had a "home" church but I church hop and sometimes I don't go at all. It just seems like the people I meet at church can't relate to my issues and how it impacts my spiritual well being. I have some dear friends at work but it's the same there. How on earth do you explain the symptoms we have without being labeled nutty......and I've been dx with bi-polar so it's even more confusing to the people at Daytona State who know about that....which is everyone because counselors refer bi-polar students to me when they can't help ???

I can feel a rambling starting so I'll stop writing.

11. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

12. rev

rev New Member

Glad to have ya' back and hoping that things level off a bit and stay managable. I don't have a real local church anymore because of the menieres beast and all the baggage it brings - like sound. I'm finding that I want to be in a world with less and less sound lest I go mad ;)

13. Titus

Titus New Member

I know what you mean. On my ADA letter the doctor wrote about auditory and visual overload.....all I could think about is NASCAR....I live just three miles from the track and I can hear everything. February is my least favorite month in Daytona Beach because of the noise and it's the only time we have heavy traffic.

14. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

Hi Kim Titus--nice to see you as always

15. Titus

Titus New Member

Hi Jim :-*

16. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

Hey Kim!! I see you are still working too much,,STOP!!,, Its better than a Hallelujah sometimes..

17. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Hi Kim!!!! There is nothing wrong with taking a break from here....and by no means do you need to explain. We've all done this.

I too miss the "old" times of Org. Something happened and too much drama took over. However, there were some really good times here! I used to wake up and come on BEFORE work, sometimes during the night, EARLY hrs, even took off of work just to chat all day...etc....There was always threads to venture into!! LOL! You never knew what or who would post what!!! It was mostly, all in fun!

I too remember when I first had my symptoms and being scared to death. I would come on here and just knowing someone out there KNEW what the heck I was going through, and would talk to me....was the best gift (friendship) EVER that I could ask for.

We all have our ups and downs, good days and bad....and one thing that keeps us united is this forum. I've been banned for nonsense...I've learned to get mad, and get over it!
    The forum is not the same ...but, that is probably a good thing. I've left and have come back and I "need" everyone here whether we've met in person or not. I love the gatherings and I'm hoping to make a few next year after taking a break from "life here at Org!!" :)
    I'm glad you are back!!!
    Hugs!!!
    Bergie

18. Titus

Titus New Member

Hi Vic! Yes, I'm working hard....but can see the light at the end of the tunnel......and it isn't an oncoming train. Soon I will be able to take Summers off and that will be a blessing.

Bergie, I can remember when Chinaman pas posting and we had this one thread that left me doubled up laughing on the floor. The kind of belly laugh that leaves your stomach sore. You called him China Doll and we were planning a trip across the Atlantic by raft. It was so silly but so many people jumped on board and it felt like I was a kid again.

As I was planning my Thanksgiving menu (yes, I'm getting a jump on things) I thought of the .org family and how much fun we had swapping recipes. Just simple things......

19. jabber

jabber New Member

Hi Kim, it's so good to see you posting here again. I'm not on here as much as I used to be either but yes, I too remember the days when I couldn't wait to get in here and read all the threads. AND wasn't waiting out the crash horrible ?? I remember all the old crowd and all the silliness and fun stuff. Seems to be way- way too serious now. How I've missed Rev Bill's weekly sermons.. Not being able to participate in regular church services, that's how I got my weekly message.
    Good to see you here and Bill and everybody else that's responded. Glad you're all still around and looking in periodically as I've been
    Loretta

20. Titus

Titus New Member

Loretta, I almost forgot about the crash :D I can remember checking every five minutes from work :D