tired anyone?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by SMC, Oct 9, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. SMC

SMC Look for the footprints in the sand......

I've read from several of you that you are exhausted. I used to have so much energy that my husband joked that one had better not sit their coffee cup down because in a split second I would have it washed and put away. Now it's all I can do to make a cup of coffee ( decaf at that ) and the cup gets washed when I can get there to do it. I take a couple of naps each day and still can hardly hold my eyes open. Why are we so tired? I see the Neuro today. I actually thought that my appointment was last Friday, but for some reason I got that mixed up. ( used to never do that either! ) Maybe he can explain this to me.
    Hope you all have a good day.
    hugs
    SherryC

2. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

Please let us know what you find out!

My theory is that we are fighting with our bodies all day, just to stay focused, stay on our feet, and ward off the dizzies, that there is just nothing left for us to use on much of anything else.

Tuck

3. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

I had asked my neurotologist the same question. I was non-stop energy before the Menieres. A nap was a foreign word in my vocabulary and the word GO was the most frequently used.
    I don't think I ever sat still.
    Now I have to pace myself and if I don't watch it and push it too much, I get symptomatic. Sometimes I'm not the best at all with listening to my body-- but I am learning.

My neurotologist said that a person with Menieres- their brain has to work so much harder to compensate for the losses that they are suffering in the vestibular system. Any stimulus that affects us such as sound, lighting, just remaining upright makes our brain and body work so much harder than what a persons does without Menieres.... so it does make us tire out easier.

4. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

Ditto to what Di and Danny said...I did some research on it and it also said that
    Don't ask me where, can't remember...LOL

5. thornapple

thornapple New Member

It's because we're sick.

Do even we think we are not ill? Why do we have to ask? Don't we know we're sick people? I am. I know we don't look ill...everyone looks at me and says "Gee, you look wonderful!" while I am trying not to heave on their shoes. I can fall asleep sitting up. Everything hurts. I feel all the time like I do when I am running a fever. Can't think, barely enough energy to move, forget stuff all the time, too tired to participate.

Anyone who knew me before.....
    And now my life is a shambles. I was juggling so many balls and I have dropped all of them.

6. jparenteau59

jparenteau59 New Member

We are quite sick, and our body fights it all day. We get so tired, we could sleep all the time. I can even sleep when I spin, my friend and I call it spinning to sleep. Tough to wake up, though. I don't want to open my eyes. Have to sit a while, before walking. I also have sleep apnia, yikes, I am really tired!! Ha Ha, We have to laugh now and than.
    We have to do time management. I know I have about 2-3 hours of work in me. I pick and choose what to do each day, and don't worry about the rest until tomorrow. I accept the things I can no longer do, and if someone complains, they can do it themselves. Be kind to yourself, you are sick. Your system fights hard each day, and needs rest. It's Ok!!!

7. johnny pinwheel

johnny pinwheel New Member

our bodies are not in equilibrium. for some with menieres its worse than others. its not just the hearing that goes, its that side of your vestibular system. the inner ear is one of the reasons we can stand and walk. i find myself stumbling even when i'm not dizzy and theres no warning . i had therapy and the excersises, our eyes work overtime to make up for the imbalance. you will be tired and stressed before the average person. during an attack your body goes into panic and overload, when i come out of that i'm tired like i've never felt. i take naps and just accept the fact.

8. Erosangel

Erosangel New Member

I have commited myself to soooo many things but have found that sometimes I just have to say NO. I am still learning and the last few weeks have been really hard on me. I have not had a day off in 3 weeks and finally on Sunday My batteries just wore out. I was supposed to go to church and watch the infants but I couldn't even get out of bed. Finally about llam my hubby came home to get me because we had a society meeting that was very important. Then I came home and slept in my chair for a few hours on and off. today I feel much better. Sometimes you just have to know it's time to stop and recharge.

9. abra

abra New Member

I think part of it too, for me at least, is the lack of good sleep at night. I never sleep for more than 2 hours without waking up...I can usually go back to sleep and do several times a night, but never for more than a couple of hours at a stretch. I end up in bed for 10 or 11 hours trying to get 8 hours of sleep. Partly that's due to the tinnitus waking me up, and partly because I can't sleep on my bad ear so I never can quite get comfortable.

Also, the emotional toll of losing your hearing or spinning or realizing how different life is now is WEARING...even without the physical toll, the emotional stuff just wears me out.

I'm afraid to nap in the daytime, no matter how exhausted I am, because I nearly always wake up feeling worse, and also because I'm afraid it will interfere with sleeping at night.

10. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

I am also anemic(sp?) so that doesnt help one bit :'(

11. GinaMc

GinaMc Me and my friend Sally :)

yes i too am exhausted all the time... never never used to be that way. I have 3 children, was working full time in a doctor's office... kids are in soccer, baseball, football, camps... etc.. always running and now i have all i can do to make it to one of the games.. it's so frustrating. just know that it is normal for your body to be tired and if you can, try to nap and get as much rest as possible.

GinaMc

12. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

Yes, I stay tired all the time. Al lot of the reason is I cant sleep at night. I'm not sure why but I just cant. I am also a mom of 3 girls and I work 2 part time jobs. I think with all the things that happen to our bodies during our attacks that is what causes us to be so tired all the time.

Maggie

13. cooner

cooner New Member

I am like abra I feel worse if I nap, so I seldom nap unless I am really not feeling very well. I don't have as much energy as I used to but I seem to be able to work at something most of the day. I am tired at night when I go to bed and usually go right to sleep but do wake up in the night often. Does anyone have like bong in their head sometimes as you are trying to go to sleep? This happens to me every ones in awhile. I don't like it at all. Sandy

14. Motor City Spinner

Motor City Spinner New Member

Tired all the time.
    I never feel refreshed anymore. Life is different we have to get use to that for sure. Its been a year and a half for me and I'm still not use to it.
    I'm working on it but I'm to tired to concentrate on it. I keep forgeting where I left off.
    Wishing you the best,
    Motor City Spinner

15. sparrow

sparrow Guest

I started listening to Lindsey Wagner on the Sleep Number bed commercial about her "restorative sleep". So, I went out and bought a Sleep Number bed. It's incredibly comfortable............. but............. I still jolt myself awake every 2-4 hours and I do not feel that I have had a "restorative sleep" when my toes touch the floor in the am.

Tried Ambien for about a year and after a year, it became no longer effective. Initially I felt very refreshed with Ambien, but it seemed to loose it's effectiveness and so now I am just trying good sleep hygiene, like, never read in bed, etc...... still doesn't work. When I addressed this with my neurologist, I went and had a sleep study conducted and it came back... yeup I have a sleep disorder and the medication to help me sleep.......... Ambien again.

About chiropractic care and how spinal alignment will help restore body balance and along with that comes good sleep..... I have been seeing a chiropractor on and off for about 30 years, maybe it's time I revisit this. I am willing to try anything at this point to help with muscle rigidity too. I wake up every morning with a stiff neck and headache. It gets so that I don't want to get out of bed anymore, LOL, or fully wake up and start feeling all my aches and pains.

Try to stay away from naps as it only disrupts my circadium rhythum but sometimes I just can't help it.

My shrink shared with me that scientists located the gene that links chronic fatigue and so now they are working on developing a blood test to test this marker. This should be interesting. Hoping that it will also link to Fibromylgia and other connective tissue diseases. Which brings us full circle to it is the food we eat/environment or is it our genetic markers?

Sparrow

16. songbird

songbird New Member

Interesting that several of us have trouble sleeping. I have gone from sleeping a solid 8 hours a night to sleeping and waking up all night long. I might average 4 hours, if I'm lucky. My doctor gave me Luvor (?) an anti-depressant to take before I go to bed because it makes you sleepy. Well, I took it for the first time last night, and I was up for most of it.

Not sure I'll continue with the anti-depressant - don't like the LONG list of side effects that go with it. She only prescribed it for 4 weeks, but I think that's too long!

Songbird.

17. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

Tired all the time? Yes, that describes me, too. I was an energizer bunny. Now I am more of a tortoise with an inner bunny trying to break free. All of the subconcious work my vestibular system used to do now requires full time concious attention by my eyes. My legs muscles hurt all the time trying to keep me upright and moving in the direction I want to go. This 100% mental attention needed just to remain on an even keel has left me with very little to concentrate on other things that I want to do or need to be done. For now I pace myself when I can and pay the price for it later when I don't.

18. Adri_onboard

Adri_onboard New Member

actually tired everyone...

check menieres database there are some valuable information there, there is a post about cognitive disorders asociated to vestibular problems, it would clear up somethings for you

get a lot of rest and hang in there
    Bear HUgs
    Adri.-

19. oaktree8

oaktree8 New Member

It's interesting to read that other people can't sleep through the night either. Before I got sick, just like all of you, I would go all day and then sleep all night. Now I also wake up every 2 or 3 hours and wake up feeling tired. Could that be causing the fatigue? Because I don't buy that my fatigue is caused by the brain having to compensate for vestibular damage--the fatigue I feel is bone deep, in my body, in my muscles. My new ENT says that it's not because of compensating, that fatigue is associated with MM but they don't know why. My theory is that it's because MM is autoimmune related.

20. jabber

jabber New Member

Is anyone that has MM EVER NOT TIRED all the time ????
    I don't think so, and I certainly know that I'm tired all the time
    Loretta