Times they are changing.....

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Sarah, Apr 3, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Big changes coming soon! Stay tuned.

2. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Tease! ;D

3. June-

June- New Member

Uh oh! :D

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Exciting!!

You tease you! :D

5. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

I like change, change is good!

6. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

She's the perfect tease. :)

7. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Any update on the changes Sarah? :)

8. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Yes they are.Tax season is officially over.

9. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

Sorry guys, been swamped. Long story short, we will be upgrading the forums to new software that will make this community more self sustaining like it was in the old days, the way it should be. This means the community here needs to step up and be more self-moderating because the forums will no longer be moderated after that. I will still be here for urgent/flagrant items (and spammers), but the bottom line is we are all adults here and we all need to learn to get along together, esp. with a common bond in Meniere's. It is not fair for me to expend time and resources to "police" adults while providing a free home for you. Fortunately, the new forum software will also be better blocking spammers.

I've been trying to migrate these forums to the new one but it's not working well because the database is huge (from accumulating several year's worth of messages) so what I will do is set up completely new forums and archive this one, making it read-only.

My goal is to get it all done by the end of the month, so as our lovely Sarah says... Stay tuned!

Thanks,
    Ray

10. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Go Gators!

11. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Thanks Ray.

12. solari

Just an update, am still having problems copying our old forums to the new... Am bringing in a developer to help me out.

Ray

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Thanks for your efforts Ray :)

14. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

Thank you admins for all your hard work! This coming from a moderator of the fourth largest internet dating site (I feel your pain). Do the archive and save yourself the frustration!! For giggles make everybody newbies on launch day then bring em back up the next day. :)

15. Aliza

No problem Ray. :) Thanks!

16. solari

Looks like what we're going to do is archive this forum and set up a new one, seems to be the best and easiest way to get to where we need to go. This means everyone will need to re-register their accounts, which is just as well because I've found so many dormant accounts with invalid email addresses it was time to clean house anyway.

Stay tuned, I'll have details soon enough.

Ray

17. Aliza

Thanks for all that you do Ray.

Looking forward to it ;)

18. solari

New forums are installed, am setting them up, etc. Won't be long now. ; )