Through the Word in 66 Days

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Titus, Aug 9, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

HEBREWS 4:16

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

2. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

HEBREWS 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

3. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

TUESDAY OCTOBER 6TH THE BOOK OF JAMES

CHAPTER 1:12

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

4. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

JAMES CHAPTER 2:23

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

5. Titus

Titus New Member

James was a brother of Jesus (can you imagine playing with Jesus when he was a kid.)
    James wrote this letter to first-century Jewish Christians residing in Gentile communities outside Palestine.

Now someone may argue. "Some people have faith, others have good deeds." I say, "I can't see your faith of you don't have good deeds, but I will show you my faith through my good deeds." 2:18

6. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

JAMES 4:17

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

7. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 7th 1st PETER

CHAPTER 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

8. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

1st PETER 3:12

12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

9. Titus

Titus New Member

So get rid of all malicious behavior and deceit. Don't just pretend to be good. Be done with hypocrisy and jealousy and backstabbing. 2:1

10. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

THURSDAY OCTOBER 8th 2 PETER

2 PETER 1:20-21

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

11. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

2nd Peter 3:8

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

12. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

FRIDAY OCTOBER 9th 1st JOHN

CHAPTER 1:3

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

13. Titus

Titus New Member

I write this to you who believe in the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life. 5:13

14. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

1st John 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

15. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

SATURDAY OCTOBER 10 2 JOHN

1:3

3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

16. Titus

Titus New Member

Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another, just as you heard from the beginning 1:6

17. Titus

Titus New Member

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11 - 3 John

Dear friend, you are doing a good work for God when you take care of the traveling teachers who are passing through, even though they are strangers to you. 1:5

18. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

3 JOHN

Chapter 1:11

11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

19. Titus

Titus New Member

MONDAY, OCTOBER 12 - JUDE

Dearly loved friends, I had been eagerly planning to write to you about the salvation we all share. But now I find that I must write about something else, urging you to defend the truth of the Good News. God gave us this unchanging truth once for all time to his holy people. 1:3

Jude was a brother of Jesus and he wrote this letter to Jewish Christians reminding them to keep the faith.

20. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

JUDE 1:21

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.