Through the Word in 66 Days

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Titus, Aug 9, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Titus

Titus New Member

Monday, September 28 - Colossians

For in Christ the fullness of God lives in a human body, and you are complete through your union with Christ. He is the Lord over every ruler and authority in the universe. 2:9,10

2. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

COLOSSIANS 1:9-12

9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Saw a Charles Stanley Sermon on these verses, He said when people ask him what they can do for Him He tells them to Pray this pray for Him,,,,If He wants it for him,, It will obviously do wonders for me also...Thank God for sending a man like Charles Stanley to help us along life's way.. Praise the Lord!!

3. Titus

Titus New Member

I saw that one too, Vic :)

When I first accepted Jesus, a man who worked for me got me watching Charles Stanley. I was very ill and weak. I would drive to his house and sit with him, his wife, and their teenage son every Friday night from 8 until 9. It gave me so much comfort. Now I record him every Sunday and listen when I'm in bed for the night, usually Monday.

4. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

TUESDAY 1st THESSALONIANS

CHAPTER 4:16-17

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

There will be a generation that gets to experience this, I hope it is ours,, what a sight it would be!!!

5. Titus

Titus New Member

Vic,
    Here's a song to go with your verse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUIa674GGCo

6. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

Oh yeah, thats in our song thread, the days of elijah,, Great Song!! The year of Jubilee!! Behold He Comes!!!

7. Titus

Titus New Member

For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus comes, God will bring back with Jesus all the Christians who have died. 4:14

8. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

WEDNESDAY 2nd THESSALONIANS

2:16-17

16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

If we walk with Christ daily, it will comfort our hearts and everything we do will bring Glory to our Sweet Jesus, Help us O'Lord to do so!!

9. newflady

newflady New Member

2 Thessalonians 3:5
    May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perserverance.

10. Titus

Titus New Member

2 Thessalonians was written to clear up the confusion about the second coming of Christ. Paul wrote this letter to the church at Thessalonica. During this time there was increasing persecution and some members of the church thought Christ would return very soon which resulted in their being idle.

May the Lord bring you into an ever deeper understanding of the love of God and the endurance that comes from Christ. 3:5

11. Titus

Titus New Member

WOW....out of all the verses....we picked the same one?????

God must be trying to tell us something :-*

12. newflady

newflady New Member

Yes Amen :-*

13. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

THURSDAY 1st TIMOTHY

CHAPTER 1:17

17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

14. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

FRIDAY 2nd TIMOTHY

CHAPTER 1:8

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

No matter how much persecution, no matter how much suffering we have, let it be all for the Glory of God!!!

15. Titus

Titus New Member

Work hard so God can approve you. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth. 2:15

16. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

SATURDAY THE BOOK OF TITUS

CHAPTER 2:11-13

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

17. Titus

Titus New Member

Titus was responsible for supervising the churches on the island of Crete. Paul took him under his wing and mentored him. This book was a letter written from Paul to Titus

For there are many who rebel against right teaching; they engage in useless talk and deceive people. Titus 1:10

18. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

SUNDAY THE EPISTLE OF PHILEMON

Chapter 1:25

25 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Although this book has only one chapter, its has a distinct message to one of the Apostle Pauls friends, Forgiveness!!

19. Titus

Titus New Member

Perhaps you could think of it this way: Onesimus ran away for a little while so you could have him back forever. He is no longer just a slave; he is a beloved brother, especially to me. Now he will mean much more to you, both as a slave and as a brother in the Lord: 1:15, 16

20. Titus

Titus New Member

MONDAY, OCTOBER 5 - HEBREWS

The Son reflects God's own glory, and everything about him represents God exactly. He sustains the universe by the mighty power of his command. After he died to cleanse us from the stain of sin, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God of heaven. 1:3