This song is transcendent and uplifting

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Imnoscientist, Oct 25, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKC-Jd7KN64

2. June-

June- New Member

Speaks to me.

3. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Wow...very calming and moving. I could go to a quiet place and listen to a cd of this stuff. Amazing when you don't know what he is saying yet it doesn't matter.

Is Geoffrey Australian?

4. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

June and Caroline - glad you liked it. I find it ethereal. Yes, he's Australian - Aboriginal. Here's a bit of info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Gurrumul_Yunupingu

5. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

Thanks for this INS. I listened to several of his songs. Very, very cool.

6. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Well, I'm currently listening to Johnny Cash. I think most people have heard of him ;) . Cat's in the Cradle - gives me chills.

7. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

You like the ballads Nick Cave or the punky Nick Cave? I love the former, loathe the later. Although one of his bands, Grinderman, are somewhere in between and also very funny. And hairly. A ZZ Top beard appears to be a band requirement.

8. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Everything from The Boatman's Call is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJF9PXSj_Bg

9. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Nope. In fact stop right there or this thread will get an R rating.

10. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

What beautiful songs Sarita and INS. Thank you for sharing them.

11. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

This might seem really weird. The very first song that INS posted. I listened to the entire song and was really moved even though I didn't understands the words. The other songs I ended up shuting off because I couldn't hear what the words were saying but felt they were important for the song to have meaning. Maybe it had to do with the vocalizations. I love songs where two voices merge together in perfect harmony even if I, apparently, don't understand the words.

12. Titus

Titus New Member

WOW. I love that song. Hearing it makes me want to slow dance for the first time in......a very long time.

13. Titus

Titus New Member

That is a beautiful song. I turned off the lights and just let it flow over me. Thank you.

14. Titus

Titus New Member

"Are you the one I've been waiting for"

15. Titus

Titus New Member

The Ship Song makes me wish I still had my keyboard.

16. Titus

Titus New Member

I read the words as the song played. It reminded me of one day....a very potent memory.....and I cried.
    Very beautiful.

17. Titus

Titus New Member

[​IMG]

Nick Cave. He reminds me of Steve. That slow burn, intense. His eyes even look like him.

18. Titus

Titus New Member

history repeating itself.....

19. Titus

Titus New Member

Sometimes I wish I had met him when we were young.....before we had wisdom, expectations, history.....and too much baggage.

Good night my friend.

PS Your picture is so beautiful. Perfection.

20. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Nick Cave is an amazing guy. Very intense. On the one hand he's this deep down dark and dirty demon and then he comes out with the most intense love songs imaginable. The whole of The Boatman's Call was written as an extended love letter to his then girlfriend, the singer P J Harvey.