the sunset and the monster

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by sparksmith, Sep 29, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

As I sit here and watch the sunset, I am over whelmed by its beauty. It settles into the Pacific Ocean and my wife and I tease about being able to hear it sizzle as it lowers into the water. Soon will be another day, a day so full of promise. So full of hope and dreams just like the new life of my grandchild. Yet there is fear, yes the fear that perhaps tomorrow the monster may raise its ugly head. The monster that constantly roams around in my head. It changes my world; it makes me a person I don’t want to be. It makes me fear for the future. Yes the monster may come tomorrow or even later today. So I pray. I pray that as the world is spinning and all control is lost and it seems like there is no hope, I may remember this beautiful sunset, the Love of my wife, the strength that the Lord himself gives me and strangely I can find strength and comfort in the friends that perhaps unknowingly, the monster has given me.
    I have so enjoyed this forum and the people on it. Such a special blessing to be able to meet some of them in person. If I had not gotten MM I may never have met you.

ps: this was written before I had my DX but I thought I would repost so people could read it again if they wanted to

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I'm glad you did, Mike. You're one of our very talented writers!

3. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Mike, the Beast and the Monster. What chance have they against The Grillmaster and the Grand Dumbass? I mean, figure the odds!

Your friend in healing,
    Paul

4. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

Well put grand one well put :)