The Reflection Room

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Intrepid, Oct 24, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

Working in a Rehab center this summer has really opened my eyes to the troubles of this world and what can happen when we get off on the wrong road, its also made me face my deepest secrets, my hurts and pains, and by the sure mercies of God, it has set me Free!!

I would also like to say that there is one person on here who I feel in need to say I am sorry to, I am so sorry intrepid, I said some things I shouldn't have, I apologize, please forgive me!!

2. 2bfrank

2bfrank New Member

I'm tired, tired of being everything to everyone around me. I just want some time out for a while. Maybe 2 weeks of not having to do anything for anyone. That's not going to happen so I have to deal with it. Sometimes I just want to stay in bed in the morning and pull the covers over my head and scream leave me alone. Can't do it but would love to one day, in the meantime I'll just keep on keeping on and putting one foot in front of the other every day and do the best I can with what I have. I'll even try to have some me time every day.

3. Titus

Titus New Member

Saturday morning I had a short vertigo episode. I've been feeling off balance ever since. The day before I ate a ton of yogurt and I also did some heavy lifting. My jaw hurts, too :D

Yesterday was warm (84). Everyone was going to the beach. It felt like Summer again. I decided to take a walk in late morning and just let the sun beat down on my bare arms and legs. It felt wonderful. When I got back, I rested in bed for 45 minutes and just let random thoughts pass through my mind. It was good.

4. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

5. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I once had a dream that I was attending my own visitation. There were rows of white wooden folding chairs with pamphlets sitting on them and flower wreaths on easels, but there were no people.

A slideshow was playing showing pictures of me when I was a little girl.

I was lying in a casket looking as I did when I was in my twenties. I had long blond hair and was wearing a white dress with tiny lavender flowers on it. My hands were folded and laced in between my fingers was the rosary my Grandmother had given me for my First Communion.

I picked up one of the pamphlets from a chair. It had my name on it and a picture of me. Below the picture was the date of my birth and the date of my death – June 17th 1998 – the same date I was diagnosed with Meniere’s Disease.

6. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Perhaps LuLu it was to show you a 'start' of your new life. You've made alot of people smile on here smiles and laughs that never would have happened... now will you tell me what color your eyes are???? ha

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Just a reflection here...Carolyn didn't get the real loud writing like I did. Must be 'cause she's a girl.

8. rottiesrule

rottiesrule New Member

I hope one day, after I retire, to stop being so cynical about people. I seem to always take the job home with me.

9. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I hope my BF likes the pair of 4' pre-lit Xmas trees I bought today at Costco to flank our mantle. :-\

Maybe I should put them away and surprise him with them when I decorate for Xmas. ;)

They weren't impulse, I saw them last week and wanted them but I reflected on them for a week and treated myself to them today.

Bad girl. :D

10. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

wellllll helll i missed that part ! OK great idea I'm foggy sorry.... This is a good thread..better now that I 'get it'

11. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

John 6:63 (New American Standard Bible)

63"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life."

Our words are spirit; they are life. What does that mean? Spirit is an ellusive, a tranparency, intangible yet the most real. Our words expressed can change natural reality. They can change how we feel. They can change how others feel, feel toward us, feel toward others, just words, that is all, uttered into the atmosphere.

Words uttered into the atmosphere can give life. They can also give death. They can heal the sickness; they can cause hurt.

Our words can outlive us. And what we say now can affect generations behind us. And what was uttered generations ago can affect us today. I think about these words of Martin Luther King Jr., some of the last he would utter:

"Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."

The next day, Dr. King was dead, shot down. Understanding what he said the night of April 3, 1968, one is left to expect that he knew he was about to die. Yet facing death squarely, he tells us today that at that moment he feared no man. He feared nothing. You can see it in his eyes on film. During the time of this speech is when I expect Martin Luther King, Jr. was the most alive at any time in his life. He was truly free, free of fear, totally relaxed, which is true freedom. Life without fear of anything or any man, now that is truly life.

Of course, God fears nothing, certainly not death. Dr. King tells us, even today, that life without fear, as he had none that night, is life completely with God, the source of all life. Life without fear is life once one has been to the mountaintop. He tells us that knowing God, being at peace with one's Maker, and knowing what lies ahead as a result, is the only way man cannot not fear. Knowing and being at peace with God, as Dr. King was, is therefore the only way man can truly live, even hours away from known death. When one contemplates one's own death, at that very moment one begins to die. Only when death is removed from one's mind, one's spirit, only when death is no longer a concern, as it was not with Dr. King as he uttered these words, then and only then, what is left is pure life, pure spirit, the Spirit of God.

All of the words that anyone has ever conveyed to another, or to others, are in some way still out there. They are still alive, working on certain results this very day. Although the effects of these words may not be traceable, in some way shape or form every word uttered from one to another, or others, has altered the course of history. That is why words are spirit; they change attitudes and opinions. That is why words are life; once cast into the atmosphere, they change reality, unguided by the speaker in any way. Truly, after they are spoken, words have a life of their own. And that is why we must be careful what we say. And that is why we should always speak the truth; remaining on God's side. For the truth is life. And the truth, spoken into words, casts the Spirit of God into the atmosphere around us. And that is what gives us life, free from fear, surrounded by God's Word, God's life. And I expect that is what gave such freedom to Dr. King as he spoke that night. Like John, He had been to the mountaintop and looked over. Both had seen the promised land. And I believe that is one thing John was trying to tell us above.

12. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

I don't want to hear about it being 84 and sunny anymore, or someone may have some company..

13. Titus

Titus New Member

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who feels the way I feel. Tonight I had another episode of vertigo and now my head feels buzzy and tight. My shoulder hurts. These symptoms make me feel like I'm insane. I wonder if I'm wired to overreact to the symptoms. I wonder if the pain in my neck and back is not really that bad.

I tried to help a friend move a few things over the weekend. I told her my neck and shoulder hurt and I was dizzy. "Oh I have that," she said. Right.

14. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

x

15. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

Reflecting on my current life I wonder if things will ever get any better than this? It's not a bad place, just not a good one either. I feel like I am "on hold".

16. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

I woke up with 55 mph winds, tornado watches and warnings by noon and butt sores from being on the couch the last 4 days.

17. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I am working on being a more positive person.

I would like to not dwell on it when someone is acting selfish or rude and I am striving not let that behaviour upset me or slow me down in my life.

18. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

I am seriously hoping all of my MM friends and family in the Midwest stay safe today with the storms. Old Mother Nature isn't playing nice.

19. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I miss working as a hairstylist. I love being around other people and I had some really great clients and friends at the salon where I worked. I felt like I had a reason to get up in the morning and get going.

20. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

I always wanted to be a hairstylist but mom refused to let me go to school (just another one of her "control attacks"). I ended up as a paralegal, hating every day of it for 25 years. Now I have very limited options thanks to menieres, figure in the balance issues and hearing loss plus distortion and there are not too many opportunities for me. Working part time in a small town candy store just doesn't cut it. Sometimes I feel as though my life is over.