The Reflection Room

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Intrepid, Oct 24, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

There doesn't seem to be a safe place for people to say what's on their mind without fear of retaliation. Let's see if we can make this thread one of reflection - or time out - or safe place where we can say what's frustrating us, what's causing us fear, making us sad or happy, what our beef is with any particular thread without having anybody offer advice, suggestions, replies etc.

We just write our stuff and only read what others have to say. Support can be offered via PM...or not.

Will it work? If we make it.

Perhaps this way we can really understand what someone else is experiencing or what their thoughts and feelings are without the need to jump in and analyze, argue, rescue, pray or hug.

2. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

This is an interesting idea. However, if it will work or not, I really don't know. My thoughts would be to give it a try.

3. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

I think it's a good idea. My idea/beef is that we all (including me)should realize we're all different, we're from all walks of life, different parts of the world etc but we are all people. We have our own ideas, beliefs and problems. Maybe instead of firing off a nasty email we need to stop and remember everyone isn't like us and think differently. Just think how many good friends we can all become. How lucky we can all be to say hey I have a friend in Canada or Washington or Australia etc.. If we don't like the thread don't jump in especially if you know it's going to hurt someone.

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I hope that my symptoms are due to hormone fluctuation causing MAV so that one day I have a chance of being normal again. (if I was ever normal... :eek:)

I really hope the next doctor I see will be able to help me through this mess because even though I am incredibly fortunate with the people in my life, :-* and my friends here on the forum, I really miss my life and want it back. :(

And I wish I could understand and speak more than one language. :D

5. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

I finally bought a barometric pressure 'meter' so I can see how much it changes or if it's all in my head- so to speak.. It changed w/ our incoming storms and YEP it's all in my head. My doctors explanation is: Carolyn you know you're worst time is the spring because it rains more, that's when most MM patients have a rough time....was I suppose to thank them? I wasn't sure...

6. June-

June- New Member

Why do people have to get old?

7. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I wonder how different my life will be in 6 months or a year and am I emotionally stable enough to handle everything that is going on right now.

8. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

As a gift offering of peace I will respectfully bow out of this thread after this post and turn the floor over to everyone else I promise. ;D

~Take Care~

9. highway

highway New Member

I said "I'm sorry" to someone close to me. It is a good thing, a very good thing.

10. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

I feel so out of place now. After having gone through the worst year of menieres and being housebound with multiple daily vertigo attacks over a 3 month period I find it hard to get back into things. It seems like Rip Van Winkle awakening to a different world. Just feel lost.

11. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I get awful darn tired of waking up in the morning and not knowing how I'm going to feel. I could feel great when I get up and then get hit really hard later in the day. Nothing about this disease is fair. Some days I am just physically and emotionally spent and all I want to do is sleep and forget the day even happened.

12. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

You have to you started LuLu LAND

13. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

i wonder if i'll ever stop battling with my beliefs............raised a catholic and chose a spiritual path, i think it's more others peoples ideals that mess up the head more than what i actually believe in, but there are times when i think if i had stayed on the R.C path i wouldn't have learned all that i have and i certainly wouldn't be able to do the things i do, i battled with family and i battled with the idea of God but when it all comes down to it does it really matter what other people think.....

14. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

I work with some of the most difficult kids in the school district--I really don't get rattled or too stressed about what they do, even when it's pretty extreme--when I have to deal with crazy parents, it is more trying, and when I have to deal with really crazy staff (as I did last week), it puts my stress through the roof--this too shall pass, but it has pissed me off most of the weekend--really didn't feel good until I took a long walk at the lake and snapped pics of people wind surfing (something I might be doing, even as an old fart, if it weren't for MM)--when I came home and got on the computer, I got a hint of mild vertigo--all I ever get anymore thank goodness--things could always be worse!

15. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

My nephew who just moved in with my mother bc her Alzheimers is starting just called and wants to come down for T'giving.. Guess who would have to pay for the plane ticket and guess who doesn't have the extra money... Guess I'll figure it out someway

16. Titus

Titus New Member

I know I build things up in my head and try to create happy memories for everyone. I'm wondering if when my brother gets here and the relatives start coming down, have I built it up to such an unrealistic expectation that I'll be let down. Does it really matter that everything I cook is made from scratch? I just want to make everyone happy.

17. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

You don't have to write so loud...I can take a hint. :)

18. Max Stooge

Max Stooge New Member

Some powerful stuff here. Awesome thread Sarita.

I guess what I would like, what I feel the need to do, is get my 2 adult children who are in their late 20's, together with me, just the 3 of us..... and let my heart pour forth what I think, how I feel about them and their families, how I feel about my situation. If I burst into tears and have to let them comfort me, so be it. I think I hold too much in sometimes. Maybe a good cry is needed by all, even a guy.

19. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Oh, sorry about that. OK, here's a reflection. Winde always tries to make everybody happy. Truly. It drives me nuts. And she does this to her own detriment. She goes to the end of the earth blowing up everybody's balloon. But everybody has a slow leak and she wears herself out doing so. Just today, when we got home from a weekend away, she had told her sister that she would come over to see her new house. Well, Winde did not feel good. She spent the afternoon in bed trying to feel better. When she got up, she said the she was going over to see her sister's house because her sister would be dissapointed if she didn't make it. Well. I said, "Honey, you don't feel like it. You're going to kill yourself so that your sister won't be just a little dissapointed. And what does your sister ever do for you so that you won't be dissapointed? Nothing." Well, she saw it my way. And now she's relaxing, getting ready for the week. But left to her own, she would have run herself into the ground so that her sister wouldn't be dissappointed, that is, until the next time.

So, here's what I see might happen. One of these days, when we're both in Heaven, I'm going to be in some lower house, and Winde will be in some upper house, truly a wonderful mansion. And she'll invite me to come visit her wonderful mansion, earned every bit because of all the people she made happy. And she'll invite me to dinner. And she'll fix my favorite meal. Because she will want me to be happy. That's just who she is, which is why I married her. She makes me happy. But she does so without even trying. That's the difference. I need to do the same for her. She tells me I do. But they say, you can never be too happy, can you?

20. June-

June- New Member

It was 75 degrees today. I bought a snow shovel. I bet we use it within a month.