The Many Faces Of...Choose a word

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by pardonme, Dec 23, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Kim - It might change me physically for a while, but that's all.

2. mundo1988

mundo1988 Dancing is a way of Life

Everyday I change
    PJs to clothes, then back to PJs
    We should all embrace change
    It keeps our beds cleaner :D :D :D

3. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

The other day I went to change the sheets on our bed and found three little rawhide chewies stashed underneath my pillow. I knew the dog seemed to be going through a lot of chewies...

There were two more underneath John's pillow, and another two hit the floor when I removed the sheets. I assembled them all on the night stand.

Got down cellar with my load of wash and as I was loading it in the washer I heard a "plink." Yet another chewie!

As I was washing the sheets, I tossed the quilt in the dryer with a damp towel to fluff it up a bit. "Clonk. Clonk. Clonk."

One would think by the number of chewies uncovered that I hardly ever changed our sheets which is not the case. That's a weekly chore. But Peanut Brittle had been "working on" both of us-- pressuring us for chewies. Playing one against the other.

Ha! We're on to her now!

4. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

Change -

From difficult and stubborn to freeing and loving
    Be careful not to get caught in the game of Same - CHANGE

5. Peanut Brittle

change--

Sometimes, when I think things are happening too fast, or are too huge for my comprehension... I stop a minute and remind myself that desserts were once rain forests, and that some day the hills I live on might be worn to the water's edge...

then I feel almost insignificant in a most empowering way... because I realize that mankind is truly a minute and passing part of all that's really here. Most of it is invisible. I remember, too, that we use only 10% of our brains, and I feel as if maybe there's hope for all of us... that no matter how determined some among us seem to be to destroy us... nobody has that much POWER!

:eek:

6. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Excellent, Jenn!

Sometimes change is just stopping and smelling the roses.

7. Mnme

Mnme Guest

Great comments Peanut Brittle. :)

Lee

8. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

greatness

9. pardonme

pardonme Guest

10. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

bravo - excellent words

11. Peanut Brittle

I think greatness can often be found in pauses, observation, and of course, when you lean into the wind!

12. Mya46

Nice PB :)

13. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

bravo

14. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

i think greatness can be found in smile of a friend :)

15. pardonme

pardonme Guest

16. Peanut Brittle

"Experience!"

hmmmmmm

I'm not afraid to roll up my sleeves and dive into various challenges because I have a base of knowledge that whatever I'm mucking around in is not going to harm me as long as I'm careful.

Experience is that thing we long for and when we get it we realize it was worth the wait! :D

Diane, please tell me more about your focusing chalk board... it sounds fascinating!

17. pardonme

pardonme Guest

18. pardonme

pardonme Guest

19. Mya46

Experience:

Whether good or indifferent, Experience builds character.

ps...great focus board Diane, they had one where i used to go for counsel and i loved it!

20. Peanut Brittle

I love the idea of a focus board! That's great.

When I think of the word, "Experience" my memory goes back to a Jimmy Hendrix album cover-- was it his first: "Are You Experienced?" Was that a lifetime ago!