The Lakeland Revival-Do We Think All these Folks Are Crazy?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Henrysullivan, Jul 22, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

This area of the website is 'a place for those of you speaking spiritual guidiance or discussion as related to Meniere's Disease.' Just for the record, I do not believe that 'spiritual guidance and discussion' discounts spirited discussions, even disagreement, or even debating. We learn by listening to the views of others. It is natural that we agree or disagree with those views. If we are to ever advance in learning, we must entertain the views of others, compare them to our own and reconcile the differences. The result is support, support by learning. That kind of support does not have to be discourteous. Learning should be courteous. Discussion should be courteous. Debate should be courteous. Of that there is no doubt. But until we understand the views of those with whom we presently disagree, then we have not the chance to learn beyond what we already know. And all this can be done cheerfully.

As I indicated in an earlier writing, this particular thread is about healing. The vast majority of what I write on this site is on that subject. That is the required tie-in to Meniere's. In this case, it is healing by faith. That brings in the Bible. That is unavoidable and I can see no reason to avoid it if it were. If one member found a smidgeon of truth in any syllable written in this thread, and that smidgeon led him or her to try a non-invasive method of healing previously locked from their knowledge, then all the better. And if trying that method made a postive difference in his or her health, then that would be the greatest payback for the time that any of the participants put into it.

I do not debate for debate's sake. I debate, if that is what one would like to call it, to learn myself, for others to learn, and for us all to discover truth on things that matter. There is no way that anyone can read and understand what is written on this thread and come away without learning something new on a subject that matters. When my understanding is challenged, you can bet that I work hard to understand even better what I understood before. I believe that many folks are like that. And that is a good thing. I welcome all folks to participate. I welcome being wrong on any aspect of what I write. In being wrong, I learn something new. I just hope for people to do it respectfully. Sometimes, I admit, I reflect back an attitude that I receive. I do not mean it to be contentious, but only to make it known that I did in fact received it. I wish everyone here well... wellness. If we disagree on the way to wellness, so be it. In the end we are well.

Hank

2. sjwo1

sjwo1 Hiking Utah

Watched the video. Yep. Crazy.

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Thanks, sj, we can all rest now now that we have received the definitive word on all this.

:)

4. old timer

old timer Guest

you asked the question, he merely answered it.

I couldn't finish watching the video as I found it very disturbing.

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Hi Old Timer, with my smileyface I tried, I guess unsuccessfully, to indicate that my response was light-hearted, as was sj's. I appreciate sj's response, and yours. I'm sorry you were disturbed and hope you have a better day to come.

6. sjwo1

sjwo1 Hiking Utah

Hank, I took no offense whatsoever to your reply to me. I appreciate your heart, desire to seek what is true for you, and most of all the right to peel back the onion of belief and dig deep....ask tough questions...and yes even debate a bit. Wow, not enough of that going on in the world....most just live on the veneer. I have learned that not much I can say to change how others believe....and I have friends of all beliefs....all along the very wide spectrum. So Godspeed to you. Now having said that...I still think they are crazy. Peace to you. Sid.

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

As many of you predicted, and I give you certain credit for that, looks like the Toddster has gotten himself in quite a jamb. This from Freshfire Ministries Website:

August 15, 2008
    From the Board of Directors

We wish to thank all of our friends and partners for the overwhelming flood of support and compassion we have received as a ministry on behalf of Todd and Shonnah Bentley. The many phone calls and emails of concern from people who genuinely love the Bentleys and Fresh Fire Ministries have been a great encouragement to all of us here during these past few days. In particular, the rallying of support and prayer for Todd and Shonnah by prominent leaders within the Body of Christ has been a beautiful indicator of the maturity and grace the Lord is bringing to his Bride.

We wish to acknowledge, however, that since our last statement from the Fresh Fire Board of Directors, we have discovered new information revealing that Todd Bentley has entered into an unhealthy relationship on an emotional level with a female member of his staff. In light of this new information and in consultation with his leaders and advisors, Todd Bentley has agreed to step down from his position on the Board of Directors and to refrain from all public ministry for a season to receive counsel in his personal life.

On behalf of the Fresh Fire leadership and the Board of Directors we wish to apologize to our friends and partners and to the larger body of Christ and to ask for your forgiveness. We are truly sorry for the pain many of you must feel and so regret that in the midst of great revival, the enemy has found a way into our camp. To those who have stood by us, we wish to thank you for what in many cases has been years of support. Thank you for your financial giving towards the vision of this ministry, and thank you especially for your prayers. For those of our partners, friends and supporters who may be struggling with the recent disclosures and finding continued support of this ministry in conflict with either conscience or conviction, we release and bless you with all our hearts and trust that God will redeem in your hearts the good that He has accomplished in your lives through this ministry. It is our sincerest hope and prayer that the Lord bless you and bring you into your fullest destiny in Him.

When this ministry was initially birthed in May of 1998, Todd had but one simple desire in his heart – to see the world come to know Jesus. Now, only 10 years later, Fresh Fire Ministries has grown to become a Resource Center that is literally reaching out to all the corners of the Earth. There have been dozens of associate ministries, scores of interns and hundreds of graduates from the Supernatural Training Center. Over 60 nations have received a combined total of more than five million dollars in humanitarian aid and we have seen well over one million conversions for Jesus Christ.

And so, the question can well be asked... where do we go from here? It is true that we are deeply saddened by these recent events, but it hasn’t shaken our faith in either God or His goodness towards us and with the help of wise and compassionate leaders within the body, we will do everything within our power to see our brother and sister healed and restored.

As a ministry, we can not forsake the vision and heartbeat upon which Todd Bentley founded Fresh Fire Ministries which is simply this:

Matthew 10:7-8
    And as you go, Preach, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is at hand” Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
    While Todd and Shonnah each go through the necessary steps towards restoration and wholeness, we are compelled, with the resources with which God has entrusted us, to continue to spread God’s love and power all over the world.

There are many noble activities and endeavors in which Fresh Fire Ministries is involved, initiated by Todd, and to which we are still committed. We have the Supernatural Training Centre, our school of ministry, already in it’s fourth full year and with more than 50 students already enrolled we’re believing for an amazing year of biblical instruction, practical application and encounters with the presence of God. Many mature and gifted speakers and associates, graduated interns and teachers filled brim-full with the DNA and fire of this ministry are ready to pour revelation and passion into the hungry hearts of this coming year’s student body.

We will continue to host conferences in our region with speakers and worship leaders from around the nation whose message and mandates resonate with the vision and heart of Fresh Fire Ministries. In addition, we are committed to supporting the growing “OutPourings” across North America and around the world with our Associates, with encouragement and prayer support. In Todd’s own words, “What God is doing is bigger than one man”, and we now have a golden opportunity as the Body of Christ to pick up the baton and to run with perseverance for His glory.

Our missions department is progressing, as previously mentioned, with our major African crusade. With close to 100 team members in attendance, excitement is beginning to build and team members have responded that they are still believing God for the most amazing missions trip ever! Our Uganda Jesus Village in Kampala is forging ahead with the recent acquisition of 35 acres of land 30 minutes drive from our present location. Two of the 15 homes planned for the property are nearing completion, and the expanded village, when finished, will house almost 150 orphans rescued from war torn northern Uganda.

So whether in our Children’s Home in Africa, in our Supernatural Training Centre in British Columbia, in the revival meetings and outpourings spreading around the globe, or in taking teams to minister compassion and practical assistance to the poor in the far corners of the Earth, we have been and still are committed to bringing love, hope and a demonstration of the saving, healing, delivering power of the Gospel to a world in need.

Thank you all once again for your prayers and support. We bless each and every one of you in whatever decision you must make. Please know that our heart in all of this is to see the name of the Lord vindicated, and we take great encouragement from Psalm 23 and the Lord’s promise that He will “lead us in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.” Together we look to the mercy and wisdom of our loving Father and we remain as ever, your brothers and sisters in Christ.

The Fresh Fire Board of Directors

I also give the Fresh Fire Board of Directors credit for doing what they have.

8. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

sometimes it don't take a rocket scientist to understand that gravity is stronger than the fart you use to try to lift your craft off the planet

many of saw him for the little fart he was, a fuming toxic one nonetheless

based on my previous "eloquent" assertion about kicking his fat tatooed a_ _, one could easily infer I wouldn't have needed the story of his transgression to believe what I already did about him

9. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Yes, perhaps I need to learn to be more discerning.

10. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

A very humble admission on your part and I wasn't trying to say "I told you so" because I thought it was very fair and open minded of you to provide the information about his behavior. Not sure I would have been so quick to be so honest--you did good

I just couldn't resist the impish urge to make fun of him--if I were in touch with the "better angels of my nature", I might evaluate him less judgmentally--but hey, I'm the first to admit I don't always practice what I preach.

11. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Thanks, much respect for you.

12. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

And don't think I didn't think about it.

13. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

Thats to bad this has happened. It lets you know that God would never work through a man who was in such disobedience. One has to wonder about the whole healing thing down in Fl. I feel bad for those who trusted Todd.

14. Titus

Titus New Member

I think many more people in Lakeland trusted God than trusted Todd. What Todd did or didn't do does not reflect on the many Christians who came together in corporate worship and praise. When I was there I felt the presence of God.....nothing to do with Todd........everything to do with the faithful trusting the Lord for what they needed.

God makes good on His word and when two or more are gathered in His name.........

Also, everyone needs to remember "there's a devil for every level". Todd might have started out a true believer, faithful, and even humble. We cannot judge how or why he fell away. We cannot even judge whether or not he is a Christian or ever was a Christian. Let God be the judge. We can only judge the teachings, use decernment, and move forward with Christ.

15. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I agree, God says he will not be mocked. Scripture should be 100% nothing added nothing taken away.

16. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

there is a local Fresh Fire for teens. It appears to be okay. Kids deserve guidance.

There are false agents and poseurs all over the place. Perhaps the one in question her will make amends. I worry about those who became attached to him.

17. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

Hank:

In this day and age 'we must worship the message and not the messenger' your heart is good and so caring...there was only one perfect man that lived this earth and He died on the cross for our sins - people will be healed thru HIS power and mercy - men/women are just vessels..we are going to make mistakes and commit sins but do not discredit what HE/Jesus can and will do for us - in HIS time - and HIS will - people will be healed many different ways and thru many different vessels - remember the old saying 'don't throw out the baby with the bath water?'

take care dear friend and thank you for the dvds/cds

xo

18. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Aladdin,

So glad you are back with us. We have missed you. Todd, like all of us, is merely a vessel, imperfect. I believe he is a good man. Unfortunately, he will be haunted by his own personal addictive tendencies and his childhood and lifelong experiences. Those tendancies and experiences will be difficult for him to resolve. But throughout the Bible, God chooses the least of men to carry His messages. Todd is in that mold. For anyone who would give him a thorough listen, they will find that Todd's message is one of God, Jesus, the scriptures and healing. It is the message folks should consider, not the messenger.

So glad you are back. I hope that means that you are feeling better.

Hank