The herpes viral infection of the ear theory is

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by bertito, Oct 11, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

fizzixgal,

You are quite correct in noting that each of the accounts I posted, and all of the other many dozens in my compilation, cannot each be accurately regarded as a real result of the regimen. Every one of these could be mere, incidental remissions unrelated to the regimen.

But the chances of this are remote. Calculating the probabilities of all of these, in the aggregate, of being mere incidental remissions, is improbably low. The real question is not, Does the regimen bring welcome results? Rather, what portion of the welcome, personally-reported results are mere remissions, which would have occured without the regimen? That's exactly what a proper clinical trial, conducted for an andequate period of time, could determine.

I remain confident a proper trial of the regimen would replicate or approximate my 87% figure.

--John of Ohio

2. acujen

acujen New Member

Studio, are you in Chicago? Are you a patient of Dr. Hain?

3. June-

June- New Member

Sorry it didn't work for you. I had 0 side effects which is very unusual for me. What form of antiviral did you try?

4. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

Bert - My oto and his whole team agree with your doctor. He / my oto - did say that people have 'meniere's like' symptoms all the time and are mis-diagnosed because as of september/october 2010 there is no 'cure' for MM - maybe meniere's like symptoms but not MM. I believe some who try anti-virals are cured of something that resembles MM or could be MM. But I wonder if anti-virals are a cure why don't everyone who tries them get cured only some?...Syphlils (sp) in its later stages can mimic MM too - so most reasonable otos/ent should test for that.

I've tried anti-virals numerous times for extended periods. The medicine helped with my episodes of shingles but did nothing for my MM. Don't give up finding answers - never give up hope dear friend. You are an amazing person who I admire a lot. You are an inspiration.

xoxo

5. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

"Meniere's-like symptoms?" Excuse me, but Meniere's is a syndrome, not a disease. It is defined by 1)symptoms 2) exclusion of all known causes. It was defined 42 years ago, for heaven's sake! That was decades before anyone recognized the concurrence of Meniere's symptoms with celiac disease, with systemic yeast infections, with systemic herpes infections, with neck injuries/cervical misalignment, and with vitamin deficiencies.

Why the heck are these doctors not only using a definition of a syndrome (NOT a disease) from 42 years ago, but also using ONLY the knowledge that was available 42 years ago, instead of using the knowledge we have now?

If you ignore the possibility of herpes viruses (or any virus, for that matter) causing one's "Meniere's-like symptoms," then you haven't excluded all known causes of Meniere's symptoms, and therefore you can't give a diagnosis of "Meniere's."

If you don't look, you certainly won't see.

6. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

TM - My post was directed to my dear friend Bert. I don't really care if it is a syndrome or a disease or poop from mars...I suffer and I have tried almost every known cure or surgery for MM and nothing has helped - except tubes. I am not going to debate or argue this - but have at my post as you wish...however, I have never had a tone with you and I don't like the tone you have taken with me...so I doubt I will answer.

7. fizzixgal

fizzixgal New Member

I agree that does seem improbable, and that's why I am investing some money in trying out your regimen. But without knowing how representative your sample is, I couldn't begin to estimate how remote a chance it is that all of them are incidental remissions. That's the devil in something like MM, where nearly everyone has remissions. What makes it improbable that they're all spontaneous is the timing. But even then, the larger a window we allow for the regimen to act, the greater a chance that someone will remit during that window.

What is the average length of time between remissions in people with MM-like syndromes? Has that ever been addressed in studies? What if the average time before your regimen gives results is of the same order of magnitude?

8. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

My apologies, Aladdin. My comments were not directed "at" you but rather to your doctors and Bert's.

I was not implying that you do not truly suffer, nor was I implying that you had not already tried a gf diet, antivirals, B12 therapy, chiropractic/NUCCA, etc.

In fact, am I remembering correctly? Weren't you also diagnosed with and treated for Lyme disease? Or am i confusing you with another member here? That seems to also cause MM symptoms in quite a few with the disease.

9. CGR

CGR Guest

Hi John

Have you ever had a case where a person took your regiment as prescribed, stuck to it, found relief, continued to stick to it, and then after an extended period of time suddenly reverted back to the suffering they had when they started despite continually taking the regimen?

10. daveTO

daveTO New Member

CGR,

I MAY fit the bill. Although I did not take the beta glucan, vitamin C and E, I took all the rest. I also took a maintenance dosage of acyclovir. I had ten months remission with the combo JOH(-3items) and acyclovir. Then MM struck with a vegeance. Tried to subdue it by taking 3 months antiviral protocol without success. Tried MAV route and now on vitamin C protocol.

11. CGR

CGR Guest

Is JOH regimen supposed to work for MAV?

12. daveTO

daveTO New Member

JOH regimen is not suppose to help MAV. But I don't even know if I have MAV. Had migraine with headache when I was younger. Now I have visual aura with no migraine headache just plain headache. Been on the amitriptyline for 2 months and I am quite sure it is doing nothing. It maybe too early to say, but I maybe having better result with vit C protocol. More about vit C later.

13. tm53

tm53 New Member

You are a class act Bert (intended to be a compliment).

14. studio34

studio34 Guest

No, I'm in Sydney. I have not personally had a consult with him about my own situation but have shared correspondence with him about MAV in general. A large number over at mvertigo (not sure about here) have either seen him in person or had a phone consult. He's a really good guy, follows the literature, and really gives a damn about his patients. I'm impressed with the way in which he keeps his site updated and how he has helped to make MAV more prominent. Google "migraine associated vertigo" and he comes up in second place.

15. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

Thanks TM for the explination :) - yes I had been bitten by tics last year and had been diagnosed with rocky mt fever or some type fever than runs with tics. Like I said I don't know what or why of MM all I know is that I suffer and I don't like it. After exhausting years and trying so many different things - I don't know where to turn next. Tubes have helped though and I am so glad for that. I wonder if there are several culprits that cause/lead to MM in some. If it is a virus for some - I wonder too if that some of us have gone too many years for any type of meds to work - say those who caught MM early are benefited from anti-virals but those who have had MM for years - etc - are not helped. Two of my three children exhibit possible sigsn of MM. I do not say this lightly either. I asked my oto if MM is hereditary and he said it is seen in some patients and families. I honestly don't know but I have watched my two children in question and see some very similar symptoms. Which if that is the case - that breaks my heart!

16. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I think some of us, maybe even all of us have multiple issues going on that add up to MM symptoms. The problem withthe meds is that they only address one symptom each, and not with the causes.

Some people get over Lyme disease with one round of antibiotics; some don't.

The majority of people don't react to vaccines; some react horribly and tragically.

Most people don't have gluten problems. Some have terrible problems with gluten.

It's very tough to figure out ONE problem, let alone multiproblems!

17. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

No, I know of no cases of this, where people followed the entire regimen at length.

But the opposite has happened, even for me; where the regimen gave lengthy relief, so the person elected to go off it, which then caused symptoms to return. As in my case, and all the others I've heard of, diligent resumption of the regimen brought restored symptomatic relief. That's pretty good evidence that the regimen really is the factor controlling symptoms, not mere periods of unrelated remission.

--John of Ohio

18. studio34

studio34 Guest

John -- this might interest you from a friend of mine who has MAV and recently found out there is some MM in the picture.

• I've been on the diuretic for 3 weeks and I just started a low sodium diet as much as I can…. I will start to take supplements next week the nutritionist my dr recommendedGinko and Liboflavanoid.

So you see, not every doctor lives in a cave as I think you have come to believe.

19. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Seems like the doctor didn't know how to correctly spell "Lipoflavonoid..."

20. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

...or "ginkgo."

Actually, a good number of physicians actually recommend my regimen to their patients with Meniere's symptoms, having seen how successful it is with previous such patients.

And notice, the doctor himself (or herself) didn't actually recommend the supplements. It was a nutritionist the doctor recommended.

And of course, gingko and lemon bioflavonoid (if that's what the stuff was -- it was probably the commercial product Lipo-Flavonoid Plus by Numark) a moderate amount of symptomatic relief might have resulted. But the absence of sufficient lysine and vinpocetine would have been most unfortunate.

Ginkgo is commonly prescribed for MM symptoms in Europe, and Numark advertises its Lipo-Flavonoid Plus in American ENT journals.

A full course of my regimen would have brought better results. But it's good that at least some physicians will accept alternative therapies.

--John of Ohio