The Frog

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by Artlover, May 12, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Artlover

Artlover it's a crazy world.

a short blurb by Sally L.

The Frog

My brother and I took a walk on an old sunny road in Montara, California. The houses sat quietly on their lawns showing off plants, flowers, old Volvos, bikes, and hanging plants. The houses lined up like pieces of candy in all different colors faded by the sun.

We talked about family and friends, the time that goes by. The light breeze combed its fingers through hanging leaves on trees as if they were talking to us. A mother was watering her plants. A father was mowing his lawn.

We do not get to talk very much so there were many thoughts and wishes and dreams we shared. We had survived. Our oldest sister had graduated from college. We were like proud parents wondering what to do after the celebration.

All of a sudden, we heard “Ribbit!”, and I asked my brother, “Is that your phone?” He said , “Nope.” And we laughed as we realized that it was a real frog making a real frog sound. How life had changed and how it hadn’t.

2. Artlover

3. Nathan

Nathan New Member

"The light breeze combed its fingers through hanging leaves on trees as if they were talking to us"

Beautiful

4. Artlover

Thank you, Nathan. :)