The Dumbass Club, redux. :)

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by gardenfish, Sep 27, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. egross

egross New Member

I hate to admit this. My husband and I were invited to a birthday party last weekend. I wrapped the presents. We realized afterwards I forgot to put the presents inside the boxes. How embarrassing.

2. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

We have our monthly a winner....Egross

3. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

hahahahahahahah omg egross that is as good as me writing a letter, writing out envelope for said letter putting on stamp, licking envelope shut, sending empty envelope and only realiing when i go home and find said letter still on the table where i left it hahahahahahah

4. egross

egross New Member

Thank you Sapphire-Venus, I don't feel so alone. :-[ And thanks for the vote Seadog, somehow it makes it all better.

5. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

its fun being a dumbass ..............good job really cos at the moment i do nothing but dumbass stuff and as long as we can laugh at ourselves we are going in the right direction

6. phildsc

phildsc New Member

Got up this morning and realized we need another batch of bran muffins. Piddled and dithered and finally started them late. Such timing. Had to get up from the breakfast table in the Florida room and run to the other end of the house to take them out of the oven. Later decided to go to the shopping center to get a few groceries, mail back some Netflix DVDs and cash a smill winning lottery ticket and get new ones. Got to the store and realized I didn't have the DVDs nor the tickets. Back home to get them and back to the center. Ordered the lottery tickets and discovered I hadn't enough cash to pay. No credit cards allowed. Drove three miles to the bank ATM and three miles back when I remembered there is an ATM in front of the store. Back home I said the wrong thing to my wife who would not speak to me for three hours. To soften her up I was making one of her favorites for supper. While boiling past and browning some beef, I dropped the pepper shaker into the pasta pot. Splashed hot water all over the stove top, the counter, the floor and into the beef.

Thank the Good Lord, my wife forgave me later and I am going to do nothing else until tomorrow.

7. egross

egross New Member

Oh my goodness Phil, that had my head spinning! You certainly deserve a day off.

8. SMRoz

SMRoz Coast Guard Dizzy! (Ret)

Thats a rough story! Hopefully things go better for you today!

9. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

Pick your title Phil:

Series of Unfortunate Events Dumbass
    Domino Effect Dumbass
    Murphy's Law Dumbass

:D

10. SMRoz

So here is my dumbass story~!

So I have a 7 ft tall privacy fence in my back yard.. You can't see in my house and you can't see behind the fence from within my house.. With that said here goes.

Last week I was home for lunch just getting back from the Gym. I needed to take a quick shower and go back to work (nothing new). I have gotten into the bad habit of not closing the shades when I take a shower (BIG FENCE SHUT GATE).
    After my shower i pull over the curtain and look out the window and there is a young blond lady looking into the window at me grinning.......Meter Reader for the gas comany. I almost got embarrassed and covered up BUT she was peeking into my house so I figured screw it I am gonna dry off normally and pretend that she isn't there. The entire thing only lasted maybe 20 seconds but I bet I turned brighter red than ever before in my life..

Now lets just say that from now on I am shutting the shades. :eek: ???

11. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

fence,shades....what about the flag pole? Did you make us proud Sean?

12. SMRoz

Lol No Comment!

13. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

yea right,next time you are shutting the shades ..my ass!!loloololol

14. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

ah squezz me.....ah baking powder?

15. burd

burd New Member

How much you wanna bet she begs to keep that route for another peek? ;)

16. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

Way to go Sean! Nice show........Now, she has a good story to tell, too :)

17. SMRoz

To her psychologist maybe. :)

18. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I did 2 Dumbass things yesterday!

First I dropped my home phone in the toilet. (Yeah, I know really gross...right?) :p It was in my pocket and slipped out as I was reaching for something above the commode. Found out the hard way that phones are NOT waterproof! :-\ :D

Next I was filing my monthly sales tax for my company and couldn't figure why the website wasn't calculating what I owed. Here I was entering the sales tax I had charged my accounts into the wrong lines. I finally figured it out but not before cursing at my computer, the state of Ohio and the tax form I was using! :D Just call me Perky Happy Dumbass!! :D :D

19. Boomer Ann

Boomer Ann Even Baby-Boehner has nothing on me....

Oh my gosh you just made my day...I'm laughing for the first time since Sunday...I am ROFL now, that's so hilarious. Thanks for sharing! I really needed that.

Oh...been a DUMBASS for awhile now but you can call me Androgynous Dumbass cuz that's what I am. :)

20. Boomer Ann

Boomer Ann Even Baby-Boehner has nothing on me....

Having just discovered this thread, may I say, you all have a great sense of humor, and that is something I am genuinely thankful for right now. Thanks for sharing! I have SO many dumbass stories to share also, but am drawing a blank right now. Well, that's just typical, right?