the brain dump version of disassociation & sin for Hank - OVERLOAD WARNING

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by SpinininOhio, Apr 6, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

With respect to the subject of faith healing, I would be remiss if I did not suggest that folks on this site watch the Lakeland Revival with Todd Bentley, Directv channel 365, the God channel, each night at 8:00-11:00. Things generally really get happening between 9:30 and 11:00. I do not make this suggestion lightly.

2. Titus

Titus New Member

My husband and I were at this revival last week. It was powerful and filled with believers. I definitely felt the power and peace of God's Holy Spirit in the place. There will always be naysayers and people who doubt and there will always be people who take advantage of believers but I would hope that nobody would discount this particular revival unless they have been there. It is also on www.godtv.com

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Kim,

Winde and I went to the revival last Friday night with a freind. We were visiting Orlando at the time and had previously been made aware of this revival by word of mouth. I had seen it a couple of nights on the TV here at home. Being nearby, we dicided to go. I have never seen anything like what I saw in person, only in the movies. It is difficult to imagine that all of those folks receiving healing are out of their minds or something. To that point, a friend went with us. He is my age, 53. He had been having chest pain in the area of the heart. He doesn't like to go to the doctor, but about 2 months ago he was forced to go to the emergency room with chest pain. His BP was 170/110. They gave him a BP med that he took but since dropped off. The days before our visit to Lakeland he had been particularly uncomfortable with the pain. The night before, because of it he did not sleep well. While we are in the service, during Todd's prayer for healing, my friend felt a heat in the area of his discomfort. That went on for about a minute or so during which he also started feeling heat at the base of his skull. When the heat subsided, his pain was gone. Since then he has felt no pain. He did not tell me about this for a couple of days because he wanted to make sure that it was real. I cannot explain his experience in any other way than to admit the possibility that something extraodinary or supernatural is going on in Lakeland. Some of the folks who have been helped have been going night after night until finally they received their healing. Perhaps it is worth another visit on your part. I would like to go again. My friend is planning to go back in a couple of weeks and take his brother who has cancer. I know that you are a woman of faith. That is why I tell you this.

Hank

4. Titus

Titus New Member

Hank,

I think I got my healing at that meeting. There are many ways one needs to heal and mine was not physical. I felt the Spirit of peace come down on me so hard I wanted to lay on the floor. I was worried (Yes, I know, God doesn't want us to worry) about my husband's lump on his neck. The doctor did not think it would be "nothing". Well, it was nothing but even before I knew it I was drenched in the Lord's peace. Everybody here was praying and we went to that service (Hank, we were there the same night as you!!!) and I agree that these people were not crazy. There was a mighty move of God in that house. There is just something about thousands of people who step out in faith and are not afraid of looking weird or acting crazy....they just want God to touch them. I think that corporate praise and worship moves Him.

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Kim, that is interesting that we were there the same night. There have been so many coincidences in my life lately, so many. Here's one. Perhaps you know of Joel Osteen. I love to hear him speak. I am a regular Joel groupie! Anyway, I have a friend, the brother of the fellow who was evidently healed at Lakeland, who has stage 4 cancer. He is mentally impaired from birth, a wonderful, giving person. Well, he wanted to got to Graceland. So as a kind of make a wish trip, we planned our trip to Graceland. The week before we left, watching Joel's program I noticed that Jole was giving his show in Memphis the night that we would arrive. Needless to say, I purchased tickets and we went. Aside the fact that it was a bit long, the service was great. But here's the real coincidence. The next day when we had just finished our tour of Graceland we noticed out by Elvis' carport a number of black GMC SUV's. We asked one of the employees who was there. Well, you guessed it. It was Joel and his family (and bodyguards). They were in the mansion. I told the employee that I wanted to meet Joel, so he took my friend and me back in through the back door. Mike and I hung out in the 'jungle room' until Joel and his family came up the steps at which time I offered my hand. What I nice unassuming fellow and a thrill for us to meet Joel Osteen in Elvis' jungle room! There have been other coincidences lately as well, just no one who was famous.

We went to Orlando as another in the series of 'make a wish' trips for Spence, Mike's brother who has cancer. We tried to get Spence to go to Lakeland, but he was very apprehensive, probabaly scared. He had heard me talking about what goes on there and he just wouldn't budge. Now he tells people he just chickened out. I think we can convince him to go. So later this month, if he will we will schedule to go again.

The other night Todd indicated that the power of God that he seems to channel is particularly astute at curing folks with deafness. That should interest folks at this site who profess to have a faith in God. As I have stated many times in this thread, faith is only faith if it causes action. One must demonstrate one's faith. Faith with no action is not faith, merely strong belief. So here is a great chance for folks to demonstrate their faith. They can do what you did, what we did, and go to Lakeland and ask God for healing. Folks reading this may think I'm crazy; but you know that I am not. First people thought chiropractic was voodoo, and now this! LOL. But yes, I am perfectly sane. Nothing can explain what I have seen at Lakeland except to accept the proposition that God is working there.

If Spence will go, we will take him back to Lakeland late this month. I will let the forum know when we are going. Perhaps you will come too. I would love to meet you. Just a suggestion, take your friend Barbara.

I am overjoyed that you have received a healing. I am curious to know more about it. I know that you had some structural problems that caused symptoms. Have the symptoms changed at all? Regarding your husband, I'm glad his problem ended up as nothing, very glad. It could have gone either way.

Hank

6. Titus

Titus New Member

Hank,

My healing was one of fear. I have been very scared lately. Scared that my husband, a 2 pack a day smoker, would get sick, scared that I would have to go on disability soon, scared that I would lose my doctors who are growing old, and scared that one of my drugs was not working. After Lakeland, I had peace with all of these fears. I was reminded by those who stepped up, despite their horrible health issues, and praised God just because He IS God that the Lord provides that which we need. One of the things I really sensed is that the room was filled with knowledge. There were two couples sitting in front of us. I kept hearing in my spirit that one of them had been cured of stage three cancer. Later, I saw the other three lay hands on him. Later I felt a healing come down and I prayed God would give it to Steve.

Hank, I have a degree in psychology, two Master Degrees, and a doctorate. Nothing I have ever learned in school, in life, or in everything I have ever tried (believe me I tried just about everything before I was a Christian) can come close to the experience of being in the presence of God.

I really don't care if people think I'm nuts.

By the way, Barbara has taken her husband to the NUCCA guy in Winter Park and he got relief. Barbara is going back as well. She is now in Texas for a week of vacation and is doing much better. I would love for her to come to Lakeland with us. I really would like to rent a bus and take a bunch of people. It is less than two hours from here.

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Kim, interesting that last night, two healings in particular occurred at Lakeland. You may have been watching. The first one was the first stated Meniere's sufferer I have seen, a lady named Naomi. After she was healed, she described her previous symptoms to Todd Bentley. She had a 60% hearing loss and told him that she had "Meniere's Disease." Todd asked her to repeat what she said, to which he replied, "Meniere's Disease, anybody ever heard of that?"

The second healing to which I refer was really one of the most remarkable I've seen. Todd Bentley called out a word of knowledge concerning a healing of the right ear. Immediately, Todd's attention was called to a lady who had been healed and who was standing on the stage to his left. She was ushered onto the stage. The camera was just right so that folks watching on TV could see that her right ear was deformed. She had the makings of an outer ear and earlobe; but for an ear canal all she had was a pronounced hole, forward of the outer ear, which looked to be about 5/8" in diameter in the side of her head. She told Todd that her inner ear bone structure never formed and that she had been deaf since birth. Yet last night all of a sudden while the healing anointing was occurring she felt a gushing in that ear, after which she demonstrated that she could hear perfectly. People who have not been watching this will think I'm some kind of gullable to think this is real. But this has been going on now each night in Lakeland for over two months. I, like you Kim, have been there in person. I've seen these people and they are not planted by the ministry organization. My friend, Mike, himself was healed of chest pain. So there is something going on here. I defy anyone to watch this for a couple of nights and explain how this can be staged.

Again, it can be watched on Directv channel 365, the God channel, or online at www.god.tv .

I'm glad that Barbara's husband got relief from the NUCCA guy. That is gratifying.

Hank

8. Titus

Titus New Member

Praise God for the healings. I want to go back soon. I never believed in these things before I went to a healing service about 6 years ago and saw some things I would have never imagined in my wildest dreams. I'm not sure why it only happens sometimes and in some places but when a revival like this begins, God shows up.

Did you notice all the teenagers there? They are coming every night. They are bringing friends and family. It was an awesome sight to see these young people pouring out their hearts to God and God moving in a way that they will never forget.

9. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Kim,

We are planning to go back down to Lakeland, leaving here on Thursday, July 3. That would put us down there in time for the Friday night service. If you decide to come again during this time, please let me know. I would love for us to meet. Winde and I will take my childhood friend who has stage 4 cancer and his brother. This may sound bold; but I EXPECT that he will be healed. I EXPECT that Winde will be healed. I believe we are supposed to do this. Making this trip is an expression of faith.

Hank