Tell me something about yourself!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by lulu48, Jul 6, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Yes, but the nap just made me more tired. Thanx for asking.

Busy day today too and I'm hurting real bad. Maybe the surgeon will do this right away, I'm praying.

2. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I once ate an entire medium pizza by myself on a dare. I won $50.00 and a had one heck of a stomach ache afterwards. :D

3. Janice

Janice New Member

Hi Lulu, I had a hysterectomy and bladder surgery at 39. For me it was a piece of cake because I had wanted it so long and I had a fantastic surgeon do it. I hope your mother's surgery goes as well as mine did and her recovery is as fast. I was back at work part time 7 days later.

4. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

what kind of pizza?

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I keep a box of dental floss in every room in my home so I never forget to floss. I have one in my bag and on my nightstand drawer too. I brush my teeth at work after lunch every day. I get made fun of because of my floss boxes all over the place :D The positive side is that I have very healthy teeth and gums.

6. Artlover

Artlover it's a crazy world.

Every once in a while, I go to MacDonald's and get a quarter pounder with cheese, large fries, and a diet coke. It tastes so good!

7. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I don't eat at fast food restaurants period,but once a month I do have a hamburger with mustard,ketchup and one slice of tomato on a bun with a cup of water at a local hamburger joint.

8. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Ive been on several 10 day canoe camping/fishing trips with 5 others guys into Quetico Provincial Park Canada. No roads, no cell phones, tents, bald eagles, loons, moose, biting flies, waterfalls, islands, t-storms and days of seeing no one else. Once a plane dropped us off in a lake and we canoed out for 10 days.
    Great.

9. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Lately I've been thinking about Gina 05 who was banned from menieres.org.I think about her because she lived along the south Jersey shore and wonder whether she's now homeless because of Sandy.
    When I watch the TV about all the destruction this storm caused,the news for some reason only reports about lower Manhattan,Breezy Point and the south Jersey Shore.So far I haven't heard of any news about the Bronx,where I was born and brought up.

10. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

why was she banned?
    my guilty pleasure: a once a week egg salad sandwich with cold slaw & a blueberry muffin prepared in town

11. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I'm not certain why she was banned but I think it was because she was cat-fighting with Intrepid.

12. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

She lives across of the most devastated islands in NJ. Doubt that she has electric or other services. She appears to be only a few miles off the bay, but there are inlets by her. Have not heard from her. The other Jersey people from here that are somewhat active are ok. Mainly utility problems. I live in the Southwestern part so was not affected much. Haven't heard of any issues in the Bronx.

13. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

*She lives across the bay

14. daBronx

daBronx New Member

So it appears Sandy affected the tip of Manhattan and low lying areas.I'm glad to hear that there were no major problems in the Bronx.My parents are buried in Woodlawn Cemetery in the northern Bronx.I've been worried whether the storm had any affect on the cemetery.I'm thinking of calling them on Sunday just to make sure.

15. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

I failed at learning the "Hook", but I nailed "Swivel Hips"

16. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Im drinking my coffee and noticing my t shirt is inside out and backwards again. Knowing the odds of this is why im not much on gambling. :0

17. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Same here. Hahahaha! My excuse is a bad f..g MAV attack thanks to tofu and chocolate M&Ms consumed on Sunday. Bleah. Even the combination sounds yucky.